FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Config Review & Some Questions

Post Date: 2019-09-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nguyentienhn View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nguyentienhn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need Config Review & Some Questions
    Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 1:20am
I am a Vietnamese spambot. What I wrote here was copied from elsewhere so I could come back and edit an entire page in Vietnamese with links.

My account has been suspended and my IP blocked.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Snaike - 02 Oct 2019 at 4:34am
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 9:45pm
Welcome to the forum nguyentienhn.

Not sure why you chose all older components for this build, but heres what I think.

If you want best performance for your new rendering rig, then you should also want the components kept as cool as possible to boost performance and component longevity.

1) Definitely use the better Velox case. More room, better airflow, more fans. All cases will get dust inside and require regular cleaning. If you wish the quietest case fans, then select the top of the line Corsair ML Series fan upgrade with magnetic levitation bearings and the longest warranty.
* You would have to change the DVD drive to an external unit...most cases now no longer have slots for the built ins.

2) Go with the best & biggest CPU cooler you can afford.   The Corsair H115i PRO - 280mm AIO cooler would be a good choice, and would allow you to do a full Stage 2 Overclock on the excellent I9-9900K 8-core/16-thread processor to get all the performance you are paying for.   Rendering definitely uses alot of CPU cores, and performance will be better served by a full Stage 2 Overclock.

3) Change to the current Z390 motherboard generation using the excellent ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H motherboard, or if you require wifi...the MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC is comparable.   Built for the 9Th gen Intel processors.

4) DS RAM will only carry a 1 yr warranty. Switch to better Corsair Vengeance RAM, or the best Corsair Dominator for longer warranty and best quality RAM. 32 GB should serve you well, but it's easy to add later if you decide on getting more..

5) Recommend the Corsair AX1200i PSU for all modular Digital performance with Platinum level efficiency and the longest 10 yr Corsair warranty.   I own one and it's the very best.   

6) Not sure why you are building this rig with the 2 yr old GTX 1080 Ti, but (assuming DS actually has them in stock) if you prefer that older generation GPU I suggest you get a second card now... because they are out of production and will be very much harder and more expensive to find later on.    It's a good GPU (I own one), but the current undisputed top consumer graphics card is the RTX 2080 Ti, and it also has 11 GB (GDDR5X) on board.   More GPU Cuda cores, more bandwidth, and delivers faster frame rates.   A solid investment for someone doing pro rendering, and would of course also play games very nicely and drive the top monitors at highest resolutions and high refresh rates.. Yes DS will allow requests for a particular brand or model card.   I usually recommend EVGA as the highest quality graphics cards, and the EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra is an excellent air cooled 3 fan card with a huge heat sink bank.   GPU fans default setting has them only run when needed, and they are very quiet when running.

See what you think of the suggestions, but I'm certain you would be much better served in a new build by the latest generation Intel Z390 chipset motherboard and NVidia RTX GPU products.   

Edited by HockeyBuck - 13 Sep 2019 at 9:51pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 2:01am
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Not sure why you chose all older components for this build, but heres what I think.

Because this was a spambot, HockeyBuck. The post above was a direct copy of this post from last year.

It seems another way around directly spamming the forums is to create a post (sometimes its a one sentence, non sequitur reply to an existing thread or, as in this case, a complete cut-n-paste like this one) and then in a week or two when the thread starts to fall off the front page it is edited for search engines and web crawlers.

As example I have just finished removing over 60 individual posts from such spammers in Vietnamese spreading over the last 2 years.

So, if you see someone posting a new config with outdated equipment it is likely bogus.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 5:18am
Had a hunch. Thanks for the info, Snaike!
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 8:05pm
lol...Shoulda known...why isn't the thread dumped now?
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 5:10am
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

lol...Shoulda known...why isn't the thread dumped now?

Honestly? Because of the work you put into your reply. There is a ton of good information in there and it shouldn't go to waste. No one can edit the original now so it is safe.

I'll leave it up to you.... If you'd rather it all be deleted just let me know.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 1:00pm
Well if ya put it that way...lol...it’s ok with me...
 Post Reply Post Reply