FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need config. Suggestions and feedback

Post Date: 2019-08-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nyree212 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nyree212 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need config. Suggestions and feedback
    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:02am
Budget:
[Under $10,000]

Expectations:
[Be able to mutltitask smoothly, have a timeless pc build that i can keep for a long time]

Usage:
[Use auto cad, revit, everyday browsing, adobe illustrator and designing programs also be able to do gaming]

Special Needs:
[Be able to handle 3d rendering, and handle gaming at high smooth speeds

Any suggestions on whether to choose from the Aventum X vs the Aventum X Pro?
What specs would would be best suited?
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:34pm
Welcome to the forum Nyree212!

I can suggest a couple of configurations to get your ball rollin...lol.   You can then tinker as you wish to adjust to your liking.   Remember that the excellent Aventum X case can be selected in several color choices.    Also, you have the option to boost the DS Parts Warranty coverage from standard 1 yr to 2 or 3 yrs.

Your needs are for a strong professional and gaming configuration, and your budget will allow you to put together a top of class build.    Your professional needs are for a strong multi core / multi thread processor, lots of fast RAM, and plentiful fast storage.    For the smoothest gaming experience at 4K it’s easy to decide...there is only one top of market GPU to to consider...RTX 2080 Ti.    One 2080 Ti should do the job you need.

Aventum X build1.... Config # 2540557.   ($ 8742 - DS Sale $500 off = $8,242 total)

Intel I9-9920X 12 core/ 24 thread CPU....Stage 2 Overclock CPU up to 4.8 ghz
HydroLux Pro CPU + 1 GPU with Clear Flex Tubing / Clear Coolant
Asus ROG Strix X299-E ATX motherboard
64 GB Corsair DDR4 3000 Hz Vengeance RGB RAM
1 TB Drive1 Samsung 970 Pro   M.2 NVME SSD
2 TB Drive2 Samsung 970 Evo   M.2 NVME SSD
4 TB Drive3 Samsung 860 Evo   SATA III SSD
Corsair AX1200i 1200w Platinum Efficiency Digital Control Modular PSU
Corsair Commander Control Boards
NVidia RTX 2080 Ti GPU...Yes Overclock GPU
Corsair LL Series Fan Upgrade

This build1 has strong bones for your pro encoding, programming, rendering and editing work that are multi-core CPU and RAM centric functions.    The M.2 NVME SSD’s are 5 times faster than normal SATA SSD’s, and this build has two very fast NVME drives and a large SATA storage Drive to support encoding and large video files.    The 2080 Ti GPU with 11 GB VRAM will handle 4K at high monitor refresh rates and provide high frame rates in gaming at Ultra game settings for quite a long time to come.    They are top of the line cards and are quite expensive, and as I said I think one GPU should do nicely here, but ultimate gaming performance would improve perhaps 15% or more with two of these fine GPU’s liquid cooled.

Aventum X Build2.   Config # 2540727. ($9713 - DS Sale $500 off = $8813 total)

Intel I9-9900X 10-core / 20 thread CPU with Stage 2 Overclock to 4.8 ghz
HydroLux Pro CPU + 2 GPU with Clear Flex Tubing / Clear Coolant
Asus ROG Strix X299-E ATX motherboard
64 GB Corsair DDR4 3000 Hz Vengeance RGB RAM
1 TB Drive1 Samsung 970 Pro   M.2 NVME SSD
2 TB Drive2 Samsung 970 Evo   M.2 NVME SSD
4 TB Drive3 Western Digital Datacenter   SATA III HD
Corsair AX1200i 1200w Platinum Efficiency Digital Control Modular PSU
Corsair Commander Control Boards
2X NVidia RTX 2080 Ti   SLI / NVLink GPU’s.   ...Yes Overclock GPU’s
Corsair LL Series RGB Fan Upgrade

This build2 Aventum X remains a strong professional performance rig but also maxes out the gaming qualities of the rig by adding a 2nd RTX 2080 Ti.     Reducing CPU just a little to the still quite excellent Intel I9-9900X 10-core / 20 thread CPU and changing Drive3 to a normal SATA III hard drive helps to fund a 2nd RTX 2080 Ti GPU and still remain well under your budget.    

See what you think of these 2 builds, or you can alter them as you decide on your needs and wants.    Hopefully this gets you started!    Aventum X is the best cooling case on the planet with 14 fans and 3 radiators, and it also has hot-swap bays for adding extra storage drives.
 Post Reply Post Reply