FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help deciding what computer to get

Post Date: 2018-12-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beforecam View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote beforecam Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need Help deciding what computer to get
    Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 7:00pm
Hello Everyone,

My old pc can’t run any of the games I like to play now (pubg rust) and I have come to buy a DS Desktop. Can some of you guys suggest what type of desktop I can get with the budget around 1K that can run those type of games and will have good enough specs to last a couple of years. I’m not very skilled when it comes to pc specs so I’m definitely going to need help so please reply with good suggestions that are affordable!
ThePinkGoat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ThePinkGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 11:34am
Stick to the low end Vanquish line. They have the lowest price point. What resolution of a monitor are you going to use?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 4:52am
The Vanquish computers are pre-assembled to some degree, so they do not allow for parts substitution. There are two ways you could go here at $1K. First, you could get the level 2 ("Better"). The GTX 1050 Ti video card will let you play every game, but not at the highest settings. It will perform pretty well on most things, but PUBG will have to be dialed back, and Rust a little less so.

The other option is to get the level one, with no video card, (video is integrated on the CPU). Then order a GTX 1060 6GB from Amazon or Newegg, etc. for around $260. That will put you at high settings for everything at 1080p at just under $1000.

Either build is strong enough to carry you into the next 2 or 3 years of gaming. The first upgrade I'd recommend for either would be a SATA SSD for the great speed they offer. In between the two choices. you could get the level 2 and start saving for a 1060 6GB for the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply