FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help identifying this noise

Post Date: 2021-07-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ArcherZ View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ArcherZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need help identifying this noise
    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 6:37pm
Out of nowhere my lumos began making the noise heard in the video. I am wondering if it is a fan or maybe the AIO pump? Help is appreciated :).

https://youtu.be/pU5AC2zpsFc
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 8:28pm
Have you tried the suggestions/solutions in this thread
• Ryzen 5600X, ROG Strix B550-I, RX 6900 XT, 32GB Vengeance, 960GB MP510
• be quiet 500DX, i7 11700K, ROG Strix Z590-E, RTX 4080 ProArt + RTX 4070 Ti ProArt, 64GB HyperX Fury, 2TB SN850
ArcherZ View Drop Down

Quote ArcherZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 5:37am
No. I will probably just open a support ticket like the guy in the post did. I definitely am not opening the back of this pc up to fix it. I bought from DS because I have zero skill in computers lol.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 12:29am
Are you sure nothing is touching the blades of the top right radiator fan? It is not spinning smoothly. Doesn't sound like air in the pump system.

Keep us posted.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 3:53am
hoserator may be onto something.
ealderson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ealderson Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 7:35am
Try cranking down the AIO pump from 100% to something lower. That's the easy way to quickly eliminate it as the source. I can't tell 100% from the video if it is the same noise as mine or not, but that fixed mine. If you open the case and hold the hoses on the AIO can you "feel" the noise/clicking/vibration in the hoses? I could with mine so that could be another possible clue.
ScuffedMcjagger View Drop Down

Quote ScuffedMcjagger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 8:52pm
that really sounds like something is rubbing against a fan.
ArcherZ View Drop Down

Quote ArcherZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 5:36am
Originally posted by hoserator

Are you sure nothing is touching the blades of the top right radiator fan? It is not spinning smoothly. Doesn't sound like air in the pump system.
Keep us posted.

I noticed that too but upon looking into it I didn't see any blockage. With the pc off I spun it with my hand and felt nothing hitting the blade. Luckily there has not been performance issues resulting from the noise. I have the flu right now but when I feel better I will try looking into it again though.
ArcherZ View Drop Down

Quote ArcherZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 5:38am
Originally posted by ealderson

Try cranking down the AIO pump from 100% to something lower. That's the easy way to quickly eliminate it as the source. I can't tell 100% from the video if it is the same noise as mine or not, but that fixed mine. If you open the case and hold the hoses on the AIO can you "feel" the noise/clicking/vibration in the hoses? I could with mine so that could be another possible clue.

Do I need software to lower the pumps power? On my DS control board I only can control the fans.
ealderson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ealderson Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 6:04am
Originally posted by ArcherZ

Do I need software to lower the pumps power? On my DS control board I only can control the fans.

If your mobo is controlling your AIO then you will either need to download whatever software they have for setting stuff or get into the BIOS and see if you can set it there. What brand is your mobo?

Another idea - if you don't want to mess with that you could try tilting the PC all the way sideways (the open side down - so the DS logo on the AIO faces the floor). When my AIO was making noise it completely stopped when the PC was lying on its side. Might be another way to quickly eliminate that as a possibility.
ArcherZ View Drop Down

Quote ArcherZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 6:26am

Originally posted by ArcherZ

If your mobo is controlling your AIO then you will either need to download whatever software they have for setting stuff or get into the BIOS and see if you can set it there. What brand is your mobo?

Another idea - if you don't want to mess with that you could try tilting the PC all the way sideways (the open side down - so the DS logo on the AIO faces the floor). When my AIO was making noise it completely stopped when the PC was lying on its side. Might be another way to quickly eliminate that as a possibility.

My mobo is MSI.
 Post Reply Post Reply