FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help on a beast rig.

Post Date: 2013-02-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SpaceManCraig View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need help on a beast rig.
    Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 5:49am
Budget:
[5k]

Expectations:
[Liquid Cooling any run any game out ultra settings 80fps+]

Usage:
[Gaming/Streaming games]

Special Needs:
[Liquid Cooling and Titan ]

Saved Ticket #: [794212]

Specifications:
[Just need to know the right stuff to use and not use.]
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:18am
Hi SpaceManCraig....  Welcome to the forums.

You didn't mention the monitor/s and resolutions you game on.  Makes a big difference in the right cards.

Save $300 and go with the 3930k chip.  The extra cache on the Extreme you'll never use in gaming.

You could save another $116 going with the 1050HX psu, but the 1200 does have the digital control which i know nothing about and is fully modular.  1200w is for a tri-sli setup if the monitoring isn't a factor. 

The Titan is the new darling of the industry but a sli, 2x gtx 680 will give you better gaming than a single Titan and a bit cheaper.  If you're into 3D surround and need the extra vram then the 4gb vram 680's will do it.  

For single card you selected stage 6 dual video cooling  but no big deal... DS would catch it.

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 28 Feb 2013 at 6:19am

Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:26am
Could you put that up for me? In a config and i'm on a 24" atm but do 1920. I was thinking of getting another Monitor but not sure what is a good one i got a Asus atm.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:33am
Sure thing. Big%20Smile

Config # 794217     Cost $ 4709

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS HailStorm Edition
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Six-Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: Neutron GTX Series) (SATA 6Gbps)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition)
Optical Drive 1: ASUS Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs) (Model: BC-12B1ST)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB (PhysX) (Overclocked EVGA)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 6: Sub-Zero LCS Dual Loop: CPU & Dual SLI/CrossFire Video Cards
H20 Tube Color:Blue Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive)
Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With LED Performance Fans (Blue) (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Blue)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Large)
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

If you stay with that single 1920x1080 monitor then the sli, gtx 670 for $250 less willl game great and within 10-15% of the sli 680's.  But 680's are tops and not sure if you would want that extra several fps.for the money .Your call of course. 

Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:36am
I heard the titan is better then like 2 690's.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:47am
Where'd you hear that?   Definitly not so.

Here's a link that compares.

Titan is about 50% better than a single 680 but less than a 690, which is 2x 680 on single card, or there abouts.

Plus, the Titan is $1000.  If you lose it and not covered by warranty then its alot of money.  A sli 680 is half that per card and if you lose one ya have another to fall back on.  Just the way I look at it.   

Edited by bprat22 - 28 Feb 2013 at 6:53am

Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:50am
Hmm

Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:52am
People say it's like Faster then most cards in a single battle or what ever .. i'm confused now . They say it's their "Best Card"
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:58am
Yes, the Titan is the best single gpu card out there.  But its twice the price of a 680 for less performance per dollar.  The 690 is faster but its a dual gpu card so not the same as single gpu Titan. 

Whoever said the Titan was better than 690 might;ve meant the total vram, memory on board the card.  The Titan has 6Gb vram and the 690 only 2gb.  The 680 is either 2 or 4gb versions.  But, unless you get into 3D surround the extra vram just sits there.

If someone wants the best single gpu card then Titan is it.  But, for maxed out gaming and 60+ fps at all times on your monitor,  a sli 680 is needed.  Even then, a few heavy hitter like Crysis Warhead might drop below 60 fps when all hell breaks loose.

When you can, check out the link I posted.  It shows benches for alot of games and compares the different cards. 

Edited by bprat22 - 28 Feb 2013 at 7:04am

Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:06am
Yeah i did. Hmm soo best gaming card is 680?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:09am
For the money, the 680 or the 670.     If money is not an issue then the Titan for single card. 

Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:10am
Well i can do the Titan but will i still be good on fps?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:16am
Not sure the games you play,  but benches I've seen, the Titan will not give you your Expectations ( Ultra at 80fps)   But, just a few tweeks with in game settings, like Blur, aa, etc will give you smooth gaming with little visual difference.

The Titan is an awesome card, don't get me  wrong.  Just expensive.  The advantage of the Titan is that some games don't like sli and the Titan isn't sli. 

Edited by bprat22 - 28 Feb 2013 at 7:18am

Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:24am
I play APB/Bf3/Crysis3/dead space3 High end games.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:32am
I don't think the Titan will disappoint at all.  Looking back, it sounds like I'm trying to talk you out of it, but not really.  Just trying to match your Expectations.   Strong

Those games will play great.  Maybe not on Ultra everything and 80fps, but even 60 fps and a few tweeks is awesome gaming.  

For single card, go for it.  Big%20Smile   

Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:35am
Do you have skype?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:38am
Nope, never used it.  I barely answer my phone.  Hahaha

Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:45am
Get it haha so you can explain this better. >_<

Quote SpaceManCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:52am
Hey take a look at this... 794241 should i take anything off?
hallowed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote hallowed Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 9:02am
The titan is the fastest single gpu,the 690 is a dual gpu on one card so its already in sli and only will give you 2gb of vram even though it says 4gb,its 2gb,per gpu wich does not add up in sli,the titan will do everything with only one card,not the fastest solution becuase sli 670 and up is faster,but a single card has no micro stuttering,which is a thing a the past and not a problem anymore,but a titan in sli will beat anything easily,and its might beat the dual cards do to extra vram,but that would only happen on a 4k monitor which nobody uses for gaming yet as the are really expensive.I personally would only liquid cool the cpu nowdays.

Fermi was hat and power hungry so liquid cooling them made sense,but now the 600 cards stay cool enough that if you don't want a massive hassle when upgrading cards in the future,I wouldn't liquid cool them,you wont have temp problem with a good tower and airflow.I would slap some liquid cooling on the cpu though if you can get the sub0 system,but only the cpu.Makes upgrading the cards mugh easier,but that is all personal preference,the new cards don't have the problems that fermi had.

I would chose the titan if it was in my budget,that makes putting them in sli in the future when prices drop an option,that will be a while,dead space3 is not the most demanding game there is,it has good graphics,but I get 50fps with everything maxed on a 675m laptop so a single titan will get allot more than that,don't expect 80fps on the titan though,you will get about 70-80% of fps that 680's in sli does which is kind of ridiculous for a single gpu,and it will consume less power.It might be more and it might be less,I can't remember where I seen the bench for it,but I'm sure if you google crysis 3 benchmark you can find it.

Edited by hallowed - 28 Feb 2013 at 9:07am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 9:06am
I would drop the memory fan kit and the Chassis Mod side panel fans.   Unless its for looks , not needed.   

For internal lighting, I also forgot, I believe you need the UV lighting to enhance the tubing.  Also, not sure where they put the LED fans but ask DS. 

Rest looks good.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 4:29pm
here is the deal,the titan is a great card if you are gonna be gaming at very high res, like triple monitor.

for gaming at 2560 x 1600 or below sli 680/670 or single 680/670 (depending on your res) will do great.

your build has some problems, for the hailstorm (my case in my sig) if you want led fans then its best you custom request proper fans.

let me explain, bigger the fan the more air it moves per spin/round, we call this round per minute or rmp, a big fan is big with big blades so each round it moves it moves a lot of air comparing to a smaller fan, for example 140mm fan will move more air then a 120mm fan per minute, this equals to = more air flow = less fan spin = less noise. So you get more air and less noise.

Now the hailstorm comes with and can fit a lot of 140mm fans instead of the fan upgrade of loud 120mm fans. so as you can see in my case I ordered orange 140mm led fans and am loving them, do yourself a favor and do the same:

Here is the updated/new version of my 140mm fans in blue

for the rad you can ask them to use these, if you do push/pull like me you wil have blue led both on top and bottom of the rad, the top will show from above and the bottom will light up the inside.

xlf blue led

I corrected your build and upgraded a few things:

Ticket Number: 794418

Edited by DST4ME - 28 Feb 2013 at 4:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply