FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help resetting ATI 5970 2GB

Post Date: 2010-03-17

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Niloh View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote Niloh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need help resetting ATI 5970 2GB
    Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 8:58pm
So anyhow I need to know the original settings that were in the Catalyst Control Panel when the computer was shipped to me.  I changed it to fix a bug I was having with a game and then noticed I was losing a lot of FPS when anti-aliasing was turned on (which wasn't the case previous to me changing it).  Also if I try to increase the GPU and Memory clock too much my system freezes up so I don't know what I'm supposed to fix.  Please reply with recommended settings for:
 
GPU Clock
Memory Clock
SmoothVision HD Anti-Aliasing
SmoothVison HD Anisotropic Filtering
Catalyst A.I.
Mipmap Detail Level
Wait for Vertical Refresh
Anti-Aliasing Mode
Triple Buffering
Back to Top
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 06 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5084
  Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 9:13pm
when you click on CCC first screen should have a default button on lower right..that ought to do it
Back to Top
Niloh View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote Niloh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 9:47pm
I tried that, the problem was it wasn't the same settings at factory, plus the first time I reset to factory it messed with the underscan/overscan option which I'd never even heard of until I ran into the problem and did some checking online
Back to Top
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 06 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5084
  Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 9:53pm
so it reset you clocks correct?
what other settings do you need help with?
Back to Top
Niloh View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote Niloh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 12:22am
SmoothVision HD Anti-Aliasing
SmoothVison HD Anisotropic Filtering
Catalyst A.I.
Mipmap Detail Level
Wait for Vertical Refresh
Anti-Aliasing Mode
Triple Buffering
 
 
or should I just use the slider for Performance -> Quality and not worry about all that other stuff
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.0390625 seconds.