FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help steaming setup

Post Date: 2021-03-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
johnstreaming View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote johnstreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need help steaming setup
    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:22am
Hi, so im making a digital storm pc for streaming and gaming and i will be using a AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16-Core) 4.9 GHz Turbo and a rtx 3090 is it worth it to get the dual 3090 one for decoding one for gaming in my pc? IK dual pc's are becoming less necessary because of the power of the 3000 series but would 2 rtx 3090 help my streaming and gaming any help would be amazing!
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 1:36pm
Maybe you should also post your question in a streaming forum, if there is such a thing. Good luck. I would imagine you need a lot of memory (RAM) but...?
Protomagic View Drop Down

Quote Protomagic Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2021 at 2:44pm
Always go with the max total ram your mboard can support if you're streaming on the system you're gaming with. Also make sure your ISP doesn't throttle you for using a lot more bandwidth. Biggest issue streamers have is with their ISP's or they're streaming from the computer they're playing on and running out of ram
johnstreaming View Drop Down

Quote johnstreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:20pm
so for a little back story my setup if fine rn but I plan on upgrading in the future if I upgraded rn I would have my streaming pc with only about 8g of ram (which would be fine just for purely streaming) 500gb ssd and a RTX 3060 and an amd Ryzen AMD Ryzen 9 3900x (12 core) 4.6 ghz turbo for the main gaming pc I would have a AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16-Core) 4.9 GHz Turbo with 64gb of ram and a rtx 3090 so ram won't be an issue it will be plenty and is overkill for just gaming but would it just be worth it to wait for Ryzen next processors and nividas next graphics cards? That's a lot to understand I can go into more detail if needed haha
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:22am
You would probably be waiting until 2022 and who knows with the state of the chip industry. Also by then Intel might be putting out enthusiast gpus. That would broaden the options.
carefulpunch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote carefulpunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2021 at 5:27am
It's not that long wait since it's almost half the year. What do you think would be new in 2022?
carefulpunch
 Post Reply Post Reply