FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help

Post Date: 2020-01-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Randomguy32 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Randomguy32 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need help
    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 7:54pm
So I just got my lynx tower, and whenever I turn it on it just runs for a few seconds and then turns back off. Then it continues doing that until I turn it off, can anybody help me figure how to fix this issue?
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:05pm
Welcome to the forum Randomguy32...

Sorry you are having trouble with your new DS Lynx.

Your motherboard software, the BIOS program, has a series of tests it runs from start up...called POST, and if it fails any of the motherboard tests we call it failing to POST and it won’t go on to launch Windows and finish booting up.    Lots of little things can cause POST issues, but as you just got your new Lynx we can try eliminating the most simple and common fix of checking for any loose hardware.

Sounds like it is failing to POST repeatedly...so I would suggest you first shut down the PC and unplug the rig from power.   

Take off the side panel and make sure you grab the metal frame of the case and hold on to it to ground yourself before touching any components.   Don't need any static electricity zapping your new components.   

With your free hand, just make sure your RAM memory modules and your video card (only Level 1 Lynx won't have a video card) are firmly seated down in their slots on the motherboard.   Sometimes shipping can cause unwanted movement.
Then check the cables to make sure they are all plugged in properly.

Close up the case, plug power in again...and see if you are successful in booting up this time...

If that doesn't work, you will need to contact DS Support and let them help you resolve the problem.     Good luck!

Edited by Snaike - 21 Jan 2020 at 3:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply