FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help

Post Date: 2009-09-20

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Oxygen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote Oxygen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need Help
    Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 6:33pm

I see a lot these system on DS main page offer vista home edition only. Isn't Vista ultimate 64 bit better than home edition? I know XP home was terrible. So really what I'm asking is getting something

Overclocked Stable to 3.7GHz
FREE CPU Liquid Cooling
FREE Windows 7 Upgrade
Processor: Intel Core i7 920
Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz
Motherboard: EVGA X58M
Graphics: 2x SLI Dual GTX 275
Power Supply: Silent 1000W
Storage: 1TB 7200RPM
 
For $1946 better than just trying to go through and customizing it myself.. The only game I really play is CS:S on my computer. I might try some different games out for it though but the main game is CS:S which something like this is probably overkill.
Back to Top
Zurginator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 343
  Quote Zurginator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 6:54pm
Lmao, for CS:S a single 260 will get you like 400fps at 2500x1600
Back to Top
Oxygen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote Oxygen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Zurginator

Lmao, for CS:S a single 260 will get you like 400fps at 2500x1600
 
That's all I needed to know. What about Vista? Is home decent or should I get Ultimate. Also, would it run great with other games? By the way with these special deals you don't get the choice to choose a sound card which mean you're stuck with on board sound. Is anyway for me to get a better sound card out of it?


Edited by Oxygen - 20 Sep 2009 at 8:12pm
Back to Top
jean luc picard View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 187
  Quote jean luc picard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 8:51pm
When i bought my pre build from digital storm a few month's ago.I was told that if i wanted upgrade's that i would have to send my pc back to them after i have received it.Also upgrade's wheater you choose to do yourself or have digital storm do will not void your warrenty.So it's a little bit of a hassel to send your pc back but atleast you'll have expert tech's installing any and all that you want.Ouch
INTEL I7 920 OCED 3.5 GHZ
6 GB DDR3 MUSHKIN RAM 1333 MHZ
DUAL GTX 275 SLI
750 WATT PS
500 GB WD HDx2 RAID 0
WINDOW'S VISTA HOME premium
ANTEC 902 TOWER
ACER 23IN 1920/1080 rez
EVGA X58 LE
Back to Top
Oxygen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote Oxygen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by jean luc picard

When i bought my pre build from digital storm a few month's ago.I was told that if i wanted upgrade's that i would have to send my pc back to them after i have received it.Also upgrade's wheater you choose to do yourself or have digital storm do will not void your warrenty.So it's a little bit of a hassel to send your pc back but atleast you'll have expert tech's installing any and all that you want.Ouch
 
All I'd be looking do is put a sound card( X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional) which they offer to put in in their non prebuilded pc. I'd understand sending it back in of you want the stage four liquid cooling but for a sound card I'd take my chances. Thanks for that info that helps me out in future purpose.


Edited by Oxygen - 20 Sep 2009 at 9:42pm
Back to Top
venom View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 0
  Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 6:21am
If you begged someone enough you might be able to convince them to add the sound card.
Back to Top
Oxygen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote Oxygen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 7:50am
Originally posted by venom

If you begged someone enough you might be able to convince them to add the sound card.
As I see it reads Digital Storm Engineering on you name. So here goes nothing.
 
PLEASE! IIs there anyway for me to get a sound card added to one of your prebuild pc? I'm on my knees begging you, I really want a DS computer and don't want a another crappy computer from(a company remain anonymous) even though more than likely I still be placing an order for a DS pc. I'm at your mercy!
Back to Top
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1826
  Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Oxygen

Originally posted by venom

If you begged someone enough you might be able to convince them to add the sound card.
As I see it reads Digital Storm Engineering on you name. So here goes nothing.
 
PLEASE! IIs there anyway for me to get a sound card added to one of your prebuild pc? I'm on my knees begging you, I really want a DS computer and don't want a another crappy computer from(a company remain anonymous) even though more than likely I still be placing an order for a DS pc. I'm at your mercy!


Well, that was kinda pathetic.  I would've said, "If you want my business I'll need you to put that soundcard in it and I'll be happy to pay the difference."  You're the customer and money talks.

The only difference between Vista Premium and Vista Ultimate are three features (read-up on them).  I had Premium and now have Ultimate and games run no different on either one.  Run a minimum of 4GIGS of RAM and you're fine.  However, You will need to play with the resolution a bit and some in-game settings depending on which game you're running.  Some are more taxing than others but that has nothing to do with your OS and everything to do with your CPU, GPU and RAM.     
Back to Top
Oxygen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote Oxygen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by EdH63


Originally posted by Oxygen

Originally posted by venom

If you begged someone enough you might be able to convince them to add the sound card.


As I see it reads Digital Storm Engineering on you name. So here goes nothing.
 

PLEASE! IIs there anyway for me to get a sound card added to one of your prebuild pc? I'm on my knees begging you, I really want a DS computer and don't want a another crappy computer from(a company remain anonymous) even though more than likely I still be placing an order for a DS pc. I'm at your mercy!
Well, that was kinda pathetic.  I would've said, "If you want my business I'll need you to put that soundcard in it and I'll be happy to pay the difference."  You're the customer and money talks.The only difference
between Vista Premium and Vista Ultimate are three features (read-up on them).  I had Premium and now have Ultimate and games run no different on either one.  Run a minimum of 4GIGS of RAM and you're fine.  However, You will need to play with the resolution a bit and some in-game settings depending on which game you're running.  Some are more taxing than others but that has nothing to do with your
OS and everything to do with your CPU, GPU and RAM.     


Yea I could of gone the customer you need me more than I need you routine, but I've seen that plenty of times blow in peoples faces. The fact is I'm out computer right now, so really how much do I need them and by looking at it they could go without my business. So I decided to go the pathetic route. I would pay the difference doesn't bother me much.
.
Back to Top
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1826
  Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Oxygen

Originally posted by EdH63


Originally posted by Oxygen

Originally posted by venom

If you begged someone enough you might be able to convince them to add the sound card.


As I see it reads Digital Storm Engineering on you name. So here goes nothing.
 

PLEASE! IIs there anyway for me to get a sound card added to one of your prebuild pc? I'm on my knees begging you, I really want a DS computer and don't want a another crappy computer from(a company remain anonymous) even though more than likely I still be placing an order for a DS pc. I'm at your mercy!
Well, that was kinda pathetic.  I would've said, "If you want my business I'll need you to put that soundcard in it and I'll be happy to pay the difference."  You're the customer and money talks.The only difference
between Vista Premium and Vista Ultimate are three features (read-up on them).  I had Premium and now have Ultimate and games run no different on either one.  Run a minimum of 4GIGS of RAM and you're fine.  However, You will need to play with the resolution a bit and some in-game settings depending on which game you're running.  Some are more taxing than others but that has nothing to do with your
OS and everything to do with your CPU, GPU and RAM.     


Yea I could of gone the customer you need me more than I need you routine, but I've seen that plenty of times blow in peoples faces. The fact is I'm out computer right now, so really how much do I need them and by looking at it they could go without my business. So I decided to go the pathetic route. I would pay the difference doesn't bother me much.
.


You have all the power, whether you see that or not.
Back to Top
Oxygen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote Oxygen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 8:30am
Originally posted by EdH63


Originally posted by Oxygen

Originally posted by EdH63


Originally posted by Oxygen

Originally posted by venom

If you begged someone enough you might be able to convince them to add the sound card.


As I see it reads Digital Storm Engineering on you name. So here goes nothing.
 

PLEASE! IIs there anyway for me to get a sound card added to one of your prebuild pc? I'm on my knees begging you, I really want a DS computer and don't want a another crappy computer from(a company remain anonymous) even though more than likely I still be placing an order for a DS pc. I'm at your mercy!
Well, that was kinda pathetic.  I would've said, "If you want my business I'll need you to put that soundcard in it and I'll be happy to pay the difference."  You're the customer and money talks.The only difference
between Vista Premium and Vista Ultimate are three features (read-up on them).  I had Premium and now have Ultimate and games run no different on either one.  Run a minimum of 4GIGS of RAM and you're fine.  However, You will need to play with the resolution a bit and some in-game settings depending on which game you're running.  Some are more taxing than others but that has nothing to do with your
OS and everything to do with your CPU, GPU and RAM.     


Yea I could of gone the customer you need me more than I need you routine, but I've seen that plenty of times blow in peoples faces. The fact is I'm out computer right now, so really how much do I need them and by looking at it they could go without my business. So I decided to go the pathetic route. I would pay the difference doesn't bother me much.
.
You have all the power, whether you see that or not.


Thank you Tony Robinson.. :)
Back to Top
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1826
  Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 9:58am
Yeah, but I don't have size 14 shoes like he does.  Ouch
Back to Top
Oxygen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote Oxygen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by EdH63

Yeah, but I don't have size 14 shoes like he does.  Ouch


ROFL! I'm not going touch this comment.    
Back to Top
Sodius View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 613
  Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 1:15pm
Give them a call and see what happens, you never know they may do it for you for a small fee. Good luck.
Back to Top
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1826
  Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Oxygen

Originally posted by EdH63

Yeah, but I don't have size 14 shoes like he does.  Ouch


ROFL! I'm not going touch this comment.    


You know, I was going to take that shoe comment where I think you were going to go but, I decided not to.

I digress... Star
Back to Top
Oxygen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote Oxygen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by EdH63

Originally posted by Oxygen

Originally posted by EdH63

Yeah, but I don't have size 14 shoes like he does.  Ouch


ROFL! I'm not going touch this comment.    


You know, I was going to take that shoe comment where I think you were going to go but, I decided not to.

I digress... Star
Smile
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 7.910156E-02 seconds.