FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help With Buying PC on a $1000 Budget

Post Date: 2009-09-06

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JeffC View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
  Quote JeffC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need Help With Buying PC on a $1000 Budget
    Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 12:41pm
Hello, my dad keeps lowering my funds for a PC! Is it even possible to get a pretty nice computer for gaming on a $1000 budget? Wink

I need always wanted to play games like Total War and Team Fortress 2 but this 4 year old dell(onboard graphics...) won't even allow the demo to be installed :/ This will be my first gaming computer if I do get it and I want to use it until I go to college in about 4 years and share it with my brother. And he will have this computer for another year after that, as he would then be going to college. Maybe I'll be evil and take it with me to college :O I am only a casual gamer and don't play games like Crysis or any "you're computer will probably choke" games. If I can, I'd like the i7 processer everybody is drooling on Confused...and I also would like to play starcraft II or diablo III no problem when it comes out. Am I dreaming like a dummy or is this possible with such a budget? Any help with this will be appreciated GREATLY.


Edited by JeffC - 06 Sep 2009 at 12:48pm
Back to Top
satsunada View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 21 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 682
  Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 2:50pm

Hmm.. you can do pretty good with a prebuilt during the sale but $500 would make a world of difference between the Intel Quad and a 250 (9800) and a Intel i7 and a 275. No way to squeeze more out of the old man?

Seriously though, given the economy, I wouldn't blame him too much for dropping the budget down. Not a lot good news is coming and he may be prepping to weather the long haul. Just saying...
If knowledge is power and power corrupts, then total knowledge corrupts totally.
Back to Top
JeffC View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
  Quote JeffC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 2:59pm
grr :/ economy is really that bad?
Back to Top
satsunada View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 21 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 682
  Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 4:18pm
Umm... yeah... 9% unemployment, hundreds of bank closures, companies with billions in debt... it's rough out there.. for everyone.
If knowledge is power and power corrupts, then total knowledge corrupts totally.
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 3:09am
wait till you save $500 more then buy PC IMO or build your own.
Back to Top
JeffC View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
  Quote JeffC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 1:18pm
I don't work :/

What is that killer $500 rig? :P


Edited by JeffC - 07 Sep 2009 at 1:19pm
Back to Top
JeffC View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
  Quote JeffC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 3:31pm
sent email :)
Back to Top
satsunada View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 21 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 682
  Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 3:43pm
Everyone quick! Spam harley! Smile
If knowledge is power and power corrupts, then total knowledge corrupts totally.
Back to Top
JeffC View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
  Quote JeffC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 4:22pm
D: noes! Then he will think my email is spam Geek
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 6.738281E-02 seconds.