FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with new pc!

Post Date: 2021-04-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MatDog20 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MatDog20 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need help with new pc!
    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:22pm
Budget:
$2000-$2500 (not including monitor, keyboard, etc.)

Expectations:
I want to have a dual monitor set up, with capabilities of gaming, editing, and school work.I want to start my streaming business and get my funny engaging content out to the world.

Usage:
I play Call of Duty/Warzone competitively! I would love for this rig to allow me to stream my gameplay through twitch and be able to edit youtube videos. Whilst giving me the very best in game edge to compete with the growing competition. I also have a Scuf that I want to be able to play controller-PC.   

Special Needs:
Any other monitor recommendations, and or stream items that people could give would be highly appreciated. I am coming over from Playstation4 and have been console my whole life, all my friends are buying pcs and its time for me to upgrade too! I hope this helps people help me :)

Saved Ticket #: I have experimented with the Lumos custom build But haven’t found anything solid.

Specifications:
[Please Type Here]

Edited by MatDog20 - 09 Apr 2021 at 1:02pm
MatDog20
ealderson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote ealderson Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:33pm
How do you like the paddles on the back of the Scuf vs. the standard buttons? Is it really that much of a game changer? I've been using my Xbox controller on my PC with some KontrolFreeks on it, but have never tried a Scuf. The logic makes sense though...just not sure how well I would take to it after years on the old controllers.
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 8:22pm
Here's what I came up with... Config # 3859038

From quick research,I saw several complaints about Warzone having subpar performance on GeForce RTX 30 series cards --especially when compared to the high end 20 series. So, I picked a RADEON RX 6000 series. @Cretae may have more specific insight/experience on this. Nevertheless, it's a jumping off point.

Edited by MrCheetah - 10 Apr 2021 at 5:39am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:08am
MrCheetah has started you well, and found a config at your price point that will do you proud, IMHO.

There's a trick the Configurator pulls when you start with a different case and switch to the Lynx case. The configurator doesn't take account of the RGB fans in the Lynx and they go missing. Here is what it looks like in the Configurator starting with a Lynx case:

3859313   same $2464

I added the Internal Lighting because it's free.

The CPU will perform well for gaming and streaming and suits the budget. It does allow for the air-cooling solution to save $94. The 32GB of RAM will be helpful for the dual tasking. The stronger power supply is a must-have for future upgrades. The M.2 Firecuda is the right sized and lightning-fast primary drive that will make every thing instant that you perform from there.

I don't usually include wi-fi help in my builds, but it's there. You should consider if it's needed, and check the options. The choice of boards is solid, but they are fairly basic. You will likely need a Bluetooth dongle for your controller. They are available online. I don't think DS has them.

I bow to MrCheetah's research on the Warzone issue. I would have had no idea about that. I haven't been able to find what he saw, so perhaps he could tell us where to look. I hesitate to write off the Nvidia 3060Ti at $122 cheaper, as it is such an excellent card for superior results at 1080p, and has plenty of power to game and stream at once. Perhaps as a competitor, you know the forums/places to look for the best advice on that. I think I can definitely say that for gaming and streaming at high framerates without breaking the bank, you want to stay at 1920x1080 monitor resolutions (1080p). That will get you the highest fps at the lowest cost in both GPUs and monitors.
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:37am
Originally posted by Cretae

There's a trick the Configurator pulls when you start with a different case and switch to the Lynx case. The configurator doesn't take account of the RGB fans in the Lynx and they go missing. Here is what it looks like in the Configurator starting with a Lynx case:

3859313   same $2464

I added the Internal Lighting because it's free.

Good catch. I was not aware of that. I switched the case to help stay within the given budget.

I don't usually include wi-fi help in my builds, but it's there. You should consider if it's needed, and check the options. The choice of boards is solid, but they are fairly basic. You will likely need a Bluetooth dongle for your controller. They are available online. I don't think DS has them.

I was hesitant to add it, but I figured it wasn't too expensive, nice to have the option, and the OP could remove it if unnecessary.

I bow to MrCheetah's research on the Warzone issue. I would have had no idea about that. I haven't been able to find what he saw, so perhaps he could tell us where to look. I hesitate to write off the Nvidia 3060Ti at $122 cheaper, as it is such an excellent card for superior results at 1080p, and has plenty of power to game and stream at once. Perhaps as a competitor, you know the forums/places to look for the best advice on that. I think I can definitely say that for gaming and streaming at high framerates without breaking the bank, you want to stay at 1920x1080 monitor resolutions (1080p). That will get you the highest fps at the lowest cost in both GPUs and monitors.

Thanks for the compliment.

I simply did quick -- nothing in-depth -- Web searches of "warzone geforce 3060 ti[/3070/3080]" trying to find the sweet spot suggestion.

Here are some examples I saw:

Fps Problems with the 3060 Ti in WarZone

RTX 3070 terrible Warzone performance

Warzone FPS seems low for a RTX 3080

Super Low FPS in Warzone with 3080 & 5600x
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:55am
@MrCheetah:

It's good to suggest the Lynx for budget purposes. I like the idea of RGB included for younger/newer users in a more budget-friendly case. the Configurator glitch is quite strange.

It's also not a bad idea of yours to include a bit about Wi-Fi. Those boards don't have it built in, and a brand newbie might not notice that.

The links don't work, for some reason, but I was able to see the first one in the reddit thread from my own Google. If you read the very first reply, and go to the video linked, you find the problem and the solution that was applied. Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSXmzm783s

It seems to have nothing at all to do with the GPUs, but rather the CPUs, but ONLY in Warzone and has a simple fix.

I am not entirely willing to simply say problem solved, and you still get MAJOR kudos for sniffing it out. It is such a core issue for this OP, that I urge him to check with his community to be sure this will work for him.

@MatDog20:

The simplest fix would seem to go with an Intel proc. The problem with that is Intel here at DS is stuck in the past with only PCIe Generation 3 parts while PCIe Generation 4 is much faster, newer, and comes automatically with AMD. If that's your fix, you must ask DS when they will be able to get you an Intel 11th generation (Rocket Lake) processor on the PCIe 4 platform. It should not be too long now. I can't recommend the older tech. Your Firecuda primary storage would be gimped out of the box, and every PCIe 4 part you may ever add later will be also.

Simpler is to consult with your Warzone competitive community about this issue. It should be a known issue, and it would seem the community would know if the fix solves the problem. If you can find that out, I recommend you go with the AMD i5 5600XT, and an Nvidia 3060 Ti for the heart of your build. If everything is good, you can see in the linked video the framerates you should expect. See what you can find out!
 Post Reply Post Reply