FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need new px monitor advice

Post Date: 2020-08-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Whatnhuh View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Whatnhuh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need new px monitor advice
    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:30am
So I was planning on just using my 4k tv with the new pc I should be getting in like 5 weeks but im told that it defeats the purpose of having a pc haha. So I'm wondering based on my build what kind of monitor I actually need to have the best frames/image my pc can muster. Any help would be appreciated! My builde bellow
System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K (5.1 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.8 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z490-P / MSI Z490-A Pro (Intel Z490 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 600W Digital Storm Performance Series (Supports up to an NVIDIA RTX 2070 GPU)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Add On Card: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 1: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Single Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 4:26am
That GPU will get to 60fps on a 1080p monitor in most games, but not much more. You'd be best off looking for a modestly priced 1080p monitor in the size you want that is capable of higher frame rates in the future.

I'm not sure what you were looking for in a computer exactly, but if it was a capable gaming machine, a Lynx "Best" model at$1299 would be a better choice. Before they build your rig, you can change anything you want.
Whatnhuh View Drop Down

Quote Whatnhuh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:14am
Ahh, so would it be fine to just run it on the TV if 60fps is the best I can hope for?
Whatnhuh View Drop Down

Quote Whatnhuh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Cretae

That GPU will get to 60fps on a 1080p monitor in most games, but not much more. You'd be best off looking for a modestly priced 1080p monitor in the size you want that is capable of higher frame rates in the future.

I'm not sure what you were looking for in a computer exactly, but if it was a capable gaming machine, a Lynx "Best" model at$1299 would be a better choice. Before they build your rig, you can change anything you want.

Also I'm on stage 5 already so I think I'm well passed being able to change anything, I probably know next to nothing about pc gaming I always play on console so this whole thing is all new to me. Sucks I didnt ask before hand about the gpu
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 11:42pm
Congratulations and welcome to DS. Awesome

Don't worry about your gpu. Use the pc when you get it and see how it performs on your hardware. the gpu is one of the easiest things to r&r in there. By the time you get it the new gpus should be out and your selection will be much better. You are limited by your psu as to what card you can get but they are getting more efficient with every new generation.
Enjoy. Big%20Smile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 4:54am
I agree with hoserator. The good news is you have the most basic GPU, so you don't have an enormous investment there. IT WILL RUN your games on a 1080p monitor. You won't get blazing frames per second, and you may have to tweak settings occasionally, but it WON'T be downright BAD.

I have very strong doubts you will be able to run a 4K TV, but you could try. If that fails, I suggest you get a 1080p monitor that can perform at a high level, and just save up for a new card for when you want it. A new line is coming out in a few days, but they won't likely have the 1080p cards until Xmas.

An example of the kind of monitor you might consider is the Asus 24" DS offers in the configurator. Look it up.
 Post Reply Post Reply