Post Date: 2011-12-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nasty1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nasty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need PC for RV
    Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 7:21pm
Just retired and moved into a 5th wheel trailer. Looking to get a nice desktop for it. Before I get into the nitty gritty details, I need to know if a high end desktop with heavy graphic cards can survive the bumps of the road. Will be spending some time in the American Southwest. My wife and I are not really AC types of people. Anticipating ambient temps to sometimes be in the 90s. Hey, it's a dry heat. Would Cyro-Tec be needed and if so, would it be more prone to damage from being on the road. Looking to game on a 24" Dell with 1920X1200 res(Just purchased). Going to play games like SC2, BF2, and Crysis 2 Will also be using a 2nd monitor for surfing, other stuff, etc. Would also like a line out to a 30" plama TV so my wife can watch movies. This is just a desire, not a necessity. Will also be doing a lot of Adobe stuff, so higher memory would be needed. Also would like a TV tuner card and a sound card. Not limited to a specific budget, just want to get the most bang for my buck and would like the PC to last several years without me upgrading so I am willing to spend now for the best parts.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 1:52am
Can't say that if you hit good bump that something on the mobo might not break.

if your temps are above 80f, you gonna have heat issues, the tec goes only on the cpu, the gpus are on a regular loop, and the res of the pc like the psu are not under lc, and will have heat issues.

also regular lc system uses fans on rad, so either way you are looking at blowing hot air via fans on the heatsink or rad.

to connect more then 2 monitors you gonna either need ati card with converter for the third monitor/tv (depending on your tv's inputs), or go sli/cf.
 Post Reply Post Reply