Budget:
No budget (Go big or go home)

Expectations:
Need a beast. For gaming mainly

Usage:
Gaming, 3d rendering (occasionally)

Special Needs:
none

I legit have 0 knowledge about building pcs and i don't really have the time to learn. So i m going for a prebuilt from digital storm, anyone got a prebuilt cfg i can use? It needs to be fast asf and 30 series is a must. Thanks
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 1:22pm
Ok, well let's just go strictly Intel for this build. If you decide to go AMD, just swap out the Motherboard, cpu and grphics card to an AMD brand. Graphics card could stay 3000 series, but there are slight benefits going with the new AMD gpu along with AMD spec. motherboard and cpu.

Try this config. Choose the Lumos case starting withh the Ultimate config and changed a few thingsd. Comes in at $3356, but with discount should be at $3056. Got your 3080, went up one step in motherboard, kept 32gigs Digital Storm Performance Ram, 500G NVMe boot drive and a 2TB SSD for storage. Standard fans with case lighting by Digital Storm, not that expensive anyway.
Have a look 3559698   
Just copy and paste that number in the "Load Config" top right of page.
Old Gamers Never Die!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 4:36am
Not quite the beast an AMD would be. If you think the Generation 3 PCIe bus will carry you as far into the future as the newer PCIe Gen 4, then go with the Intel build.

Here is a stronger build on the AMD platform:

3561650     $3058 after discount.

The brand new Ryzen 9 5900X is a stronger CPU, and the two extra cores speak directly to your rendering workload. The more cores availble for that, the better.

As to the even newer (been out a week) Radeon 6800XT, there are advantages to pairing one of those with a 5900X that just can't be matched by a PCIe Gen 3 Intel/Nvidia set-up. It not only comes with 60% more video memory to begin with, AMD has used special techniques to enhance utilization when matched with a 5000 series CPU.

The Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSDs are Gen 4 parts and are faster than Samsung on an AMD board. Add to that the MSI Gaming Pro carbon mobo with Wi-Fi you can get, and this package, at the same price, is superior. The differences are not overwhelming, but I would rather go for PCIe gen 4 for longevity than go backwards.
 Post Reply Post Reply