FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Needing help on a gaming and streaming PC.

Post Date: 2021-01-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
xxDEADSILENTxx View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xxDEADSILENTxx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Needing help on a gaming and streaming PC.
    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 4:18pm
Im currently wanting to order a PC that I can game and stream from. Now I would like to have a PC that streams only later but can't get both at the moment.

With that said I was looking over another from and ran across this build, which is what I was kinda looking at from doing research

ALSO I play Warzone only at the moment and everyone knows how that games preforms but with that said I would like to push 230+ frames.

Builds from the other form:

3568015     $2004 after a $200 discount you'll get at checkout.

This is a very strong build all around at this price point. Computer monitors come in various resolutions. the only two we are interested in are 1080p and 1440p. At 1080p which is a super picture at 24", this rig, with an Nvidia RTX 3070, will crush every game out there on the highest settings and very high framerates. On a larger monitor at 27" or more, you probably would prefer a 1440p resolution. This rig will also perform very, very well on such a monitor. It won't get the fastest frame rates in every game, but it will get very close to or over 100fps in most. It will get well over 100 fps in COD on Ultra. I've seen benchmarks from 125 to over 150fps.

If you simply HAVE to HAVE a 3080, know that it is a total waste of money at 1080p. Know also that the framerate enhancement on a 1440p is in the eye of the beholder and barely noticeable to many. If you don't have two monitors playing the two cards side-by-side, you would never know the difference. You can go online and watch You Tube videos of the two side-by-side, and there's just not that much to see, IMO. so here's a build for that:

3568055       This one is $2152 with discount

Note the second one has come down a notch on the CPU to a 3700X. That is not a crippling performance blow by any means, but it could reduce the longevity of the machine going forward. A lesser CPU could possibly limit your choices for a future video upgrade.

If it were me, I'd have the young man do all his own research on the two cards and what they are capable of. Have him see if he can see the differences in the videos. These cards have taken a mighty leap forward technologically just recently, and the 3070 is faster than the former highest-end Nvidia card just a couple of months ago. As far as I know, they are available now, and there seems to be about a one-two month wait for the 3080s.
xxDEADSILENTxx
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 4:58am
If you want to push frames like that, you're going to have to use a 1080p monitor. Or have a much higher budget. The first build above is strong for gaming and streaming. I'd advise you look at the 3070's performance at 1080p in the games you are wanting to push those frames. It just might do it at lowered settings. On many measures it's as strong as a 2080 Ti.

The second build with the RTX 3080 will push as many pixels at 1080p as you want, I think. The comments on the CPU don't include the fact you could upgrade to a 5000 series CPU on that motherboard later, if ever needed. Those procs are in very short supply right now, so you're better off with a 3000 series pick. More cores is not that much better for gaming.

The discounts have come off, so you're looking at $200 more for each.
 Post Reply Post Reply