FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Never built or bought a gaming PC before

Post Date: 2018-09-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Syringe19 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Syringe19 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Never built or bought a gaming PC before
    Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 4:47am
Hi there folks,

As the title says, I've never purchased a customized PC before and I am in desperate need of help. I can see which products LOOK like they are what I need, but I need help from those of you that have built PCs before.

I need this PC to have USB port(s) and WIFI capabilities in addition to a spot for an Ethernet cable. Also, I need this PC to have the ability to run two monitors. If that is not capable with this price range, I guess I'll have to settle Cry

My budget is about $1500 - $2000 for the PC and at least one monitor (I'd like to run two).

My vision for this computer is to run a two monitors. I would like to have some sort of surround sound, but that is definitely something I can forgo external audio as long as my headset will work with the computer.

My main use for this computer is going to be gaming. I love playing World of Warcraft, Rainbow Six Siege, along with other various games.

I believe my only special need with this computer is noise reduction. I don't want a PC that is going to bother me or anyone else while I'm playing it and they are asleep.

While I've got you folks here, how often/how should I clean a PC such as this? I know that it's important to keep it clean to prevent dust and heat build up, but aside from that, I'm clueless.

If that build is suitable for my needs, just say so!

Thanks in advance for your help guys n gals! I look forward to gaming with some of you in the future Big%20Smile

Edited by Syringe19 - 01 Sep 2018 at 4:48am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 5:09am
That’s a good build but I’d get at least the gtx 1060.    Much better frames. Also, for WIFI, since the motherboard doesn’t have built in WIFI, under Internet, pick one of the internal WiFi cards.

Best bang for your buck is the Vanquish level 3 or 4.   It gives you more for less money.   The level 4 gives you a very strong gtx 1080 for 1440 p gaming.   You didn’t mention the monitor, so the 1060 might do it for a1080p monitor and less demanding games.   If you go Vanquish, get the USB WiFi dongle that plugs in externally, unless you order your own internal card.

Hope this helps.

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 6:45am
bprat is right... nothing to add but Good Luck!   
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 12:11pm
I agree with everything mentioned. Not mentioned were the fact the Vanquish line is not customisable so you cannot add anything. The motherboard of either the level 3 or 4 will provide you with surround sound capability for earphones or external speakers.

I'd also recommend you search Amazon for the monitors you would like. Your choices would be almost unlimited as to quality and price. Either video card (GTX 1060 or 1080) will easily run two monitors and have cable outlets to do so. Be sure to research the concepts "TN" and "IPS" with regard to monitors to help you choose.

All the best.
neverstopgaming View Drop Down

Quote neverstopgaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:03am
There's nothing like building your own gaming system, especially your first one. When it's completely, you'll be extremely happy with it and probably won't ever want to get off of it. Make sure to send in a pic when you're done!
Shwiiiiiiing
 Post Reply Post Reply