Post Date: 2020-07-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jessy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jessy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Never do what i did
    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 10:50am
I was a console player for about 20+ years and all of my friends have left over the years. After getting tired of constantly playing games solo, I finally made the jump to pc. Its been years since I played pc games (vanilla Wow at original launch) and didnt know my way around to build one. I went and bought a prebuilt system just bcuz i was too afraid to try and build my own pc from scratch. Its been about 4 months since I made the switch and I have completely gutted the prebuilt and put all of my own parts in it. Doing this has made me a lot more satisfied with the performance but I ended up spending double or even triple than what i would have spent had i just built in the first place. So if you're new to pc like me dont be intimidated. Theres plenty of guides and videos to walk you through everything. It'll be more worth it in the end in pretty much every way kroger feedback survey

Edited by jessy - 18 Jul 2020 at 2:18am
Stellar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Stellar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:19am
Hi Jessy,

While I understand where you are coming from - just remember that there are people out there that do not care about building their own computers. They know that they can, and yes they understand that ordering from a company like us comes with a price increase. There is nothing wrong with either choice.

We come with fantastic support, and an amazing warranty that comes in absolute clutch-- something you don't get building a PC yourself.

It all depends on what you're looking for.
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:58pm
Hi Jessy,

For what it is worth I built my own PC 8 years ago. At the time it was a screaming machine. While it is still great for routine things, it wasn't up to playing modern games at more than 60 FPS and I wanted to upgrade.

Since I didn't want to build my own at this point I ordered a custom-made system and have been very happy with the result. Also I didn't want an experience like **, **** or *********, where tech support is usually in a foreign country. The amount that I paid was totally worth not having to worry about frying parts as I installed them or ever needing to speak with tech support that I can't understand through an accent or is working from a script and won't deviate from that script. I suspect that a custom-made computer would have been exactly what you wanted.

I hope that you do enjoy your computer.

... removed competitor names as a professional courtesy ...

Edited by Snaike - 09 Jul 2020 at 12:15am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 4:29am
For me, the all-important difference is the stress-testing and the warranty on everything. I could certainly build my own, but I would hit a frustration wall if I turned it on and it didn't work. Pretty much my worst nightmare. Worth it to me to have DS deal with that!
 Post Reply Post Reply