FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Aventum X overheating!?

Post Date: 2023-09-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Filmsrobert View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Filmsrobert Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: NEW Aventum X overheating!?
    Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 10:56am
I just bought an aventum x, a few months ago. I am a videographer/photographer/ editor. I got it as an investment for my business. I honestly don’t know anything about PCs, so I thought it would be smart to go all out on the PC so I don’t have to upgrade for awhile and have something reliable. But today I went to turn on the pc, and as I was on Amazon, the PC turn off and gave me a CPU temperature error.

I checked the ICUE, and it was 127 Celsius just being on Amazon. I was confused and decided to turn it off and then turn it back on once more to realize that as soon as I turned it on, it quickly was at 100 + Celsius. I turned it off quickly, and called them up. Really not sure why it’s doing that, but I have to wait until Tuesday to see if this CPU is toast or what, but I really need to get back to working on these videos. Not really happy with it, especially after putting in close to 10K.

Here so some of the specs I got:
Chassis Model: Aventum PRO Workstation
Processor: Intel Core i9-13900KS (6.0 GHz Turbo) (32-Thread) (24-Core) 3.2 GHz (Raptor Lake)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero (Wi-Fi) (Z790) (Up to 3x PCI-E) (No SLI) (DDR5)
System Memory: 128GB DDR5 4800MHz Kingston FURY Beast
Power Supply: 1500W Corsair HX1500i (Modular) (80 Plus Platinum)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD M.2 (8TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus) (NVM Express)
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 4090 24GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Add On Card: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Software Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Chassis Fans: Cooler Master MasterFan Halo (RGB Fans) (Remote Control Only)
CPU Boost: Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 11:24am
Congrats and welcome to DS.

That's quite the system.

If you have coolant in the loop, can you tell if it's flowing? Otherwise, it's more than likely that the pump failed. The cpu will not be toast since it will shut down automatically if thermals go dangerous. You can also check the radiators to make sure they are not so dirty that no air is going through but that is unlikely. You can tap the pump lightly to see if it will run.

Make sure all the wires are hooked up.

Good luck and do keep us posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply