FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Aventum X - Reservoir cap?

Post Date: 2021-07-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
[email protected] View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote proteus@pobox.com Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Aventum X - Reservoir cap?
    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 3:48pm
Just received a new aventum X and unboxed. It's looking gorgeous, but there's only one problem. How the HECK do I get the reservoir cap off? It seems to be nothing like the fill/refill video. Rather, there does appear to be a transparent cap, surrounded by a metal bracket. Which way do I twist this thing? I also see what looks like a strap wrench in the box, but it doesn't seem to be working either...Any ideas? Anyone set up an Aventum recently with a completely transparent reservoir (including transparent/invisible cap)?

Thanks!
[email protected] View Drop Down

Quote proteus@pobox.com Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 9:02pm
Resolved!
Basically had to cut up a rubber glove and use that, along with the strap wrench on top, AND a second strap wrench in the middle of the tube. This should not have taken 2+ hours of work to open!

But hey, it’s worth it. System is beautiful and booted right up! Now, I just need to figure out how to get rid of all the bubbles in the cooling loop. Running with cap off the reservoir for now, will see how it goes.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 3:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply