FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Aventum X. What are…?

Post Date: 2021-06-27

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
YearZer0 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote YearZer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Aventum X. What are…?
    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 2:24pm
Budget:
[$10,000+\-]

Expectations:
[Total Game Annihilation]

Usage:
[Gaming 💯]

Special Needs:
[Intel or AMD?]

Saved Ticket #: [Intel-3958324, AMD-3958515]

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Pure White
Trim Accents:- Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-11900K (5.3 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.5 GHz (Rocket Lake)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z590 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3600MHz G.Skill TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Power Supply: 1200W Silverstone / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: TPM Module (Trusted Platform Module)
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 4: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express)
RAID Config: RAID 0: Striping: Performance, But No Data Fault Tolerance (Requires 2 Identical HDDs)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3090 24GB (VR Ready)
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Clear Fluid (Purpleish Fluid??)+ Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair QL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects) (14 Fans Total)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards)
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Mouse Pad: Digital Storm Premium Mouse Pad (Extra Large) (Full Desk) (Stitched Edges)
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)


Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Pure White — Can I do any Colour??
Chassis Mods:- What are the options for this??
Noise Reduction: - and this??
LaserMark: - and this??


Thank you! 😎✌🏻

Edited by YearZer0 - 27 Jun 2021 at 7:24pm
Back to Top
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Avatar
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5378
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:24am
Whatever options you don't see in the Configurator, you will have to ask DS sales directly.

[email protected]

What is your expectation from " disabl[ing] and tweak[ing] all the non-crucial services on the operating system"? which ones are those exactly? Many years ago, it was to save some of the scant few MB of RAM you could get back then for running apps. Nowadays, what is the point?
Back to Top
YearZer0 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote YearZer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Cretae

Whatever options you don't see in the Configurator, you will have to ask DS sales directly.

[email protected]

What is your expectation from " disabl[ing] and tweak[ing] all the non-crucial services on the operating system"? which ones are those exactly? Many years ago, it was to save some of the scant few MB of RAM you could get back then for running apps. Nowadays, what is the point?


I thought maybe you guys knew something I didn’t? These are preliminary choices till I know exactly what I should get. So on the Paint, can I just send you an Automotive Paint Code or whatever, and you’ll paint it that Colour? Oops, I read “John” and automatically thought you were him. My bad, I just woke up. Sorry.

Edited by YearZer0 - 28 Jun 2021 at 10:45am
Back to Top
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 77
  Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:47am
@Cretae has the best advice about your computer case questions and is correct about the OS optimization. Disabling some of the services you'll never use might free up a little RAM. Ultimately, with today's hardware, it's negligible.

Next... About RAIDing SSDs...

I've only done RAIDs with HDDs, however, considering how SSDs operate in comparison to HDDs, I don't see a RAID being worthwhile. With that in mind, I dug up a decent video on the subject:

2x NVMe in RAID 0 — Double The Speed? — PCI-E 4.0 Tested

As you will see in the YouTuber's test results, RAID 0 can notably improve write speeds but doesn't do a ton for reading -- this is generally the same for HDDs. For many/most tasks (e.g., loading the OS, loading games, loading game saves), read speed is the value you should be focused on. Lastly, NVMe drives, both PCIe 3 and 4, are fast. Either can load plenty of data in seconds.

Anyway... Possible storage suggestions:

Storage Set 1 (OS + non-game apps): 500GB or 1TB 980 Pro
Storage Set 2 (game storage): 2TB FireCuda or 4TB Rocket (or bigger
Storage Set 3 (Backup): 4 or 6TB HDD or 4TB 860 Pro -- depends on what capacity is chosen for sets 1 and 2, mainly 2, plus whether you want to have incremental backups.

Edited by MrCheetah - 28 Jun 2021 at 11:50am
Back to Top
YearZer0 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote YearZer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 7:18pm
My AW M15 R3 has 2 500GB M.2 NVME’s in RAID 0 and they perform pretty good, that is why I chose that. I’m not sure if you can have 2 different RAID sets, like the first and second drives for OS (which is what I did on my Laptop) and then have three and four in a RAID 0 config as well for Game installations/storage. I have a Sabrent 1TB M.2 NVME on my Laptop for Game installations/storage. I only have 3 M.2 slots on my Laptop so that’s why I don’t know if you can do two separate arrays?? I was going to do Firecuda drives but that would put me way over budget. Those Corsair fans are ridiculous at $899 or whatever it it, but that’s the only way I see having less RGB programs running 🥴 Thanks for the tips.

I seen a K|NGP|N for sale on eBay. They want $5200CND + $114 shipping or something crazy. That is highway robbery!


Edit: Oh, I should mention that I have drobo’s for off Computer backup/file server


Originally posted by MrCheetah


Next... About RAIDing SSDs...

I've only done RAIDs with HDDs, however, considering how SSDs operate in comparison to HDDs, I don't see a RAID being worthwhile. With that in mind, I dug up a decent video on the subject:

2x NVMe in RAID 0 — Double The Speed? — PCI-E 4.0 Tested

As you will see in the YouTuber's test results, RAID 0 can notably improve write speeds but doesn't do a ton for reading -- this is generally the same for HDDs. For many/most tasks (e.g., loading the OS, loading games, loading game saves), read speed is the value you should be focused on. Lastly, NVMe drives, both PCIe 3 and 4, are fast. Either can load plenty of data in seconds.

Anyway... Possible storage suggestions:

Storage Set 1 (OS + non-game apps): 500GB or 1TB 980 Pro
Storage Set 2 (game storage): 2TB FireCuda or 4TB Rocket (or bigger
Storage Set 3 (Backup): 4 or 6TB HDD or 4TB 860 Pro -- depends on what capacity is chosen for sets 1 and 2, mainly 2, plus whether you want to have incremental backups.


Edited by YearZer0 - 28 Jun 2021 at 7:21pm
Back to Top
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6303
  Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 2:06am
I've been looking at the Aventum's case and I am wondering if the Kingpin's radiator would fit. It looks like the top only has a double fan rad and the Kingpin's is a 3 fan hybrid.
I know it fits the Aventum II with room to spare Chilling.


Back to Top
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 77
  Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 6:04am
@hoserator It is the top 'beast' in the realm of graphics cards, and the price definitely shows it.

The silver lining (I guess, one might say) @YearZer0's interest in the H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU) should(?) allow the new K|NGP|N Hydro Copper to be swapped with whatever 3090 is included by DS. That is, if/whenever, wherever the new K|NGP|N shows and, hopefully, only at a somewhat cuckoo price -- a person can hope.
Back to Top
YearZer0 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote YearZer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 9:11am
I offered the guy $3100CND on eBay for it. Heh, that is still overpriced. I would just connect it to the Aventum X’s cooling if possible, or get a Waterblock that is compatible.


Originally posted by MrCheetah

@hoserator It is the top 'beast' in the realm of graphics cards, and the price definitely shows it.

The silver lining (I guess, one might say) @YearZer0's interest in the H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU) should(?) allow the new K|NGP|N Hydro Copper to be swapped with whatever 3090 is included by DS. That is, if/whenever, wherever the new K|NGP|N shows and, hopefully, only at a somewhat cuckoo price -- a person can hope.
Back to Top
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6303
  Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 6:54pm
If you get the EVGA RTX3090 Kingpin Hydro Copper you can prepare it with the QDs so all you have to do is remove the one in the pc and replace with the new one. Have extra coolant so that you can refill the reservoir after the new gpu gets filled. It is an easy r&r and you can sell the old 3090 at premium prices.

Big%20Smile


Edited by hoserator - 30 Jun 2021 at 6:57pm
Back to Top
YearZer0 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote YearZer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 10:41am
He keeps sending back a $4,250CND offer, but I’m not paying more than $3,500CND Shipped for it.

As for the QD’s yeah that is what I was hoping to be able to do. I’m not going to buy another 3090 though, if they won’t let me buy it without a Card, then I’ll just buy a 3060Ti or something like that.




Originally posted by hoserator


If you get the EVGA RTX3090 Kingpin Hydro Copper you can prepare it with the QDs so all you have to do is remove the one in the pc and replace with the new one. Have extra coolant so that you can refill the reservoir after the new gpu gets filled. It is an easy r&r and you can sell the old 3090 at premium prices.
Big%20Smile

Back to Top
Nomad1970 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 564
  Quote Nomad1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 2:18pm
You can buy a DS computer without a video card. I did since I had a GTX 1080 Ti available.

Edited by Nomad1970 - 01 Jul 2021 at 2:18pm
My Precious 2
I7-9700 oc 4.7GHz
32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO)
SSD M.2 1TB Samsung 970 EVO
240GB Samsung 860 Pro SSD
1TB W.D. HD
EVGA GTX 1080Ti
Back to Top
YearZer0 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote YearZer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 5:32pm
Saved Ticket # - 3970020

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Pure White
Trim Accents:- Standard Factory Finish
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16-Core) 4.9 GHz Turbo
Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE (Wi-Fi) (AMD X570) (Up to 4x PCI-E) (E-ATX)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3600MHz G.Skill TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Power Supply: 1200W Silverstone / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: (TPM Module (Trusted Platform Module) - Not sure if this is compatible??
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 4: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express)
RAID Config: RAID 0: Striping: Performance, But No Data Fault Tolerance (Requires 2 Identical HDDs)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3090 24GB (VR Ready)
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Clear Fluid (Purpleish Fluid??)+ Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair QL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects) (14 Fans Total)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards)
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: No Thanks
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Mouse Pad: Digital Storm Premium Mouse Pad (Extra Large) (Full Desk) (Stitched Edges)
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)



I was thinking something like this for an AMD setup.

Edited by YearZer0 - 07 Jul 2021 at 5:36pm
Back to Top
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Avatar
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5378
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 3:55am
The extra cores for a 5950X vs a 5900 are wasted for a gaming rig. They will never be used. Compare the procs, the only difference is for multi-core apps.


https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-9-5950X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X/4086vs4087


The same goes for 64GB of RAM. There may be some few occasions you may call on RAM above 16GB, but everything above 32GB will stand idle. Total waste of money.

The RAID arrays are kinda quaint. Your laptop is PCIe Gen 3 (10th Generation Intel). Your M.2s are guaranteed to be much slower than what you're getting here. Both of your proposed builds are PCIe Gen 4 which doubles the speed. Samsung 980s are PCIe Gen 4 parts, so considerably faster alone than your RAIDed M.2s I'd bet. Read/write is 7GB/5GB per second. If a RAID array can be faster yet, you're talking milliseconds.
Back to Top
YearZer0 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote YearZer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 6:05pm
I kinda lied on the “Gaming 💯.” I have a “UAD Apollo Twin | X” which I’ve been using with my 13 inch MacBook Pro for Music Production with Ableton Pro (Maschine Pro, Ableton Push 2, Livid ds1, NI S49 Keyboard, etc), but anyway… the MacBook Pro is fine if the Tracks are frozen, but I think this System would be great at initial production.








Originally posted by Cretae

The extra cores for a 5950X vs a 5900 are wasted for a gaming rig. They will never be used. Compare the procs, the only difference is for multi-core apps.


https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-9-5950X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X/4086vs4087


The same goes for 64GB of RAM. There may be some few occasions you may call on RAM above 16GB, but everything above 32GB will stand idle. Total waste of money.

The RAID arrays are kinda quaint. Your laptop is PCIe Gen 3 (10th Generation Intel). Your M.2s are guaranteed to be much slower than what you're getting here. Both of your proposed builds are PCIe Gen 4 which doubles the speed. Samsung 980s are PCIe Gen 4 parts, so considerably faster alone than your RAIDed M.2s I'd bet. Read/write is 7GB/5GB per second. If a RAID array can be faster yet, you're talking milliseconds.
Back to Top
YearZer0 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote YearZer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 5:28pm
I’m curious, how is your experience with DS? I’ve emailed a few times since I’ve posted the few setup specs on the Forum here and I’ve never heard a peep back. Pretty bad considering I’m thinking of spending $10,000


By the way, I got the guy on eBay down to $3750 shipped on the K|NGP|N but it isn’t a Hydro Copper version so I would need to buy that Block which is $299 I believe, or something like that. I’ve decided not to go that route. I think I’m going to go with an MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X if DS can get me one, or see if I can get one somewhere and pick up an eK Block for it.

Edited by YearZer0 - 09 Jul 2021 at 5:38pm
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8479
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by YearZer0

I’m curious, how is your experience with DS? I’ve emailed a few times since I’ve posted the few setup specs on the Forum here and I’ve never heard a peep back.
Which email address are you using? I generally hear back from Alex within 24 hours unless he's out of the office, then it's 3 days at the most.
Back to Top
YearZer0 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2021
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
  Quote YearZer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 9:40pm
Umm, [email protected]



Originally posted by Snaike

Originally posted by YearZer0

I’m curious, how is your experience with DS? I’ve emailed a few times since I’ve posted the few setup specs on the Forum here and I’ve never heard a peep back.
Which email address are you using? I generally hear back from Alex within 24 hours unless he's out of the office, then it's 3 days at the most.
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16093
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 1:08pm
It could be a SPAM filter, please forward me the email ([email protected]) if you still haven't received a response by the end of the day today.
Back to Top
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6303
  Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 12:31am
Some DS e-mails land in the spam filter.
Alex will fix you up.

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.0625 seconds.