Post Date: 2018-12-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brian S View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Brian S Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Build, My Dream Pc
    Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:30pm
I'm looking to build my dream gaming pc my current rig I built my self and is 8 years old and needs to retire haha. The pc I would like is beyond my skill level and would love a DS built computer. All the help would be much appreciated and I cant wait to make this happen.

Budget:$4500 but flexible no accessories

Expectations:
I want a computer to run my favorite games at Ultra settings. Long life span hopefully 6+ years and upgrade parts when needed. Best Resolution in price range.

Usage:
I plan to use this computer for Rts games of all type specifically Total war and Steel Division, also will be playing Milsim games like Arma and Squad. Will also use for web surfing and occasional essay.

Special Needs:
I wish to use water cooling specifically hardline tubing. A major want is fast load times on launching games and when loading into a match. Somewhat quiet would be nice. Should I overclock? Should I water cool the cpu and gpu or only cpu? I almost forgot I love the Velox tower.

hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 5:48am
Hi Brian S,
Welcome to DS.
The Velox is one of DS's proprietary designs. It is worth noting that the window is on the right when facing the pc from the front. The mobo is therefore inverted.
To get you the best configuration, the monitor's resolution that you will be using is key. You will be amazed at the load times with the new M.2 and U.2 NVM Express cards.
I have to warn you that the hardline tubing looks really great but it is a PITA to work around and with it. Unless you plan to put the gpus in the coolant loop, I would go with one of the AIOs, the Corsair models being the best. There will be no leaks and will run trouble free. It really depends on how much you plan to oc.
Let us know how you want to proceed. You will be very pleased with whatever system you order and in the unlikely event that things go South during shipping or regular use you will find why we love DS, the service.
Enjoy.
Brian S View Drop Down

Quote Brian S Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:41pm
Specifications:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Blanco White
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-P (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 750W Corsair RM750x (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (3TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux LITE: Integrated Cooling System (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 1 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds Only)
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Display: MSI 27 inch MPG27CQ Curved Series (144Hz Refresh) (1ms Response) (2560x1440)

After researching all day I have decided Ill be getting a 1440p monitor. I really like the one I have selected through DS. What changes can be made to flush out the build.I decided to not get the hardline tubing. Thanks for all the help!!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 10:12am
Just a couple of comments. You don't have any need for 32 GB of RAM for gaming. 16 GB will be enough well into the future. It's very easy to add more if you ever need to.

The best choice for motherboard IMO would be the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon.

The RTX 2070 is a better bargain than the 1070 Ti, and its about 15% better across the board. The price spread averages about $90, but here it's only $56. Seems like a worthwhile investment.

Although our common wisdom here has been NOT to overclock the i7 8700K, it seems to me that the i9 9900K is a different beast with the fact they've soldered the thermal interface. Since you have the chip under custom water, the free mild overclock seems safe as can be. Research it and see what you think.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Cretae - 16 Dec 2018 at 10:27am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 5:37am
Those are good comments from Cretae. Personally I would keep the 32GB but as stated is not needed for gaming but is used rapidly if you do any programing work. Also, you don't mention warranty but it is only 1 year parts.
I also have to add that we have seen some (very few) issues (leaks) with that cooler in the past and never with the AIOs. Unless you are going to add the gpu to the loop in the future or really want the eye-catching gear, an AIO is a more trouble free cooler. I would go with it but just saying. I like eye catching gear.

Good luck and keep us posted.
ThePinkGoat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ThePinkGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 8:55am
Yuck get rid of the HydroLite. Go with the Corsair AIO. You might get a system that needs to be flushed on delivery. Check the forums, the HydroLite has been known to have issues. The LOOKS are cool, but remember. You and your family are probably the only people who are going to look at it. And when it comes time to upgrade, you're going to have to work at it.
SnowandSand View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SnowandSand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 12:11am
Personally I would either go full hydrolux or an AIO. Just understand that any LC system that isn't an AIO will eventually need to be flushed and refilled, there is also the possibility for leaks(a bit more so with hardline tubing than soft tubing). If you don't mind the maintenance (which really isn't that bad, I replaced all my soft tubing, added a drain port, and flushed my system after 18 months due to some possible algae build up, and all I had to do was do some research and watch some you tube videos to figure it all out) LC systems look great and can be a fun hobby.
Hailstorm II(Retired)
R7 2700x
16GB Team Dark Pro @ 3200 CL14
Asus x470 CH VII Hero
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W PSU
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1TB & 6TB WD - Black Edition
2x GTX 980TI Strix
Hydrolux Stage 3
 Post Reply Post Reply