FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new build

Post Date: 2021-03-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chuck6520 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote chuck6520 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: new build
    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 12:39am
Needing a great configuration between 2500 and 3500 dollars with good resolution and fps for fps games.
Budget:
[2500-3500]

Expectations:
[high fps and great resolution]

Usage:
[gaming]

Special Needs:
[none]

Saved Ticket #: [Please Type Here]

Specifications:
[just need a great configuration for fps like call of duty ect..]
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:33am
Welcome to DS. Awesome
The configuration gurus will be more than happy to craft a great system for you. It will help if you post what is the monitor's resolution that your are planning to use or are using. Whether 1080p or 1440 (2K) or 2160 (4K), it will  make a tremendous difference in the hardware needed to get the most out of them.

Enjoy. Smile

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:02am
Here it is. This assumes you have a high fps 1440p monitor.

Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 3814327      

$3,403.00

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (8-Core) 4.7 GHz Turbo
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON (Wi-Fi) (X570 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)

System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series

Power Supply: 850W Digital Storm Performance Series (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3080 10GB (Performance Edition) (VR Ready)

Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans

Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

The text is edited to leave out the non-essentials.

To see this in the Configurator, go to main Forum page, upper right > "Load Config" and copy/paste the Config ID # ONLY.
The processor is plenty of power. AMD has the better Gaming platform these days with the PCIe Generation 4. It's 2x the throughput of Intel PCIe 3. While not yet fully optimized, your main storage is PCIe 4, and up to 35% faster. All the parts you may add in future will be PCIe 4.
The motherboard is a worthwhile upgrade for better thermal management and longevity.
16GB of Ram is plenty.

The storage is a super-fast M.2 NVMe SSD. Size matters. The primary drive should be compact for price and convenience of use. The OS, apps you need, and maintenance software goes here for instant start-ups and super-fast scanning as needed. You'll have quite a bit of room left for several of your favorite games. The secondary drive is an SSD for your main games library. Games tend to load on their own schedule, so they don't get a huge boost from from an NVMe drive. The larger SSDs here are a bit over-priced. More storage is an easy DIY upgrade when you need it, and gets cheaper by the day.
The dual fan AIO is a must-have.

The GPU is the budget buster. Everyone "wants" the RTX 3080, but it's a crime to have to pay such a huge premium right now. The RTX3070 is a highly capable card at 1440p, and will save you $419. Research and compare the two. the 3080 is very expensive overkill that assures all the highest fps at the highest settings. The 3070 will get you over 100 FPS on 1440p on most games with maybe a little tweak or two on some. You decide if you think you'll ever see $400 worth of difference. I've personally not been one to sit back and admire my framerates in the heat of a gaming moment.

If by any chance, you have or may get a 1080p monitor, a 3060 Ti will crush that.

Hope it helps.
chuck6520 View Drop Down

Quote chuck6520 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:51pm
I have the alianwear AW2518W monitor
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 3:44am
If you are not gaming competitively, the RTX3060 Ti is all the GPU you need. If you want to go for the highest framerates you can get on highest settings, get the RTX 3070. A 3080 will waste a whole lot of $$.

Getting the 3070 brings your cost down below $3000. I don't think I would change anything else, because the prices just aren't that attractive. This rig will be very easily upgradeable if needs arise in the future. If you want to save even more, the Ryzen 5 5600X CPU is a good option.
chuck6520 View Drop Down

Quote chuck6520 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 11:32pm
I already ordered it up exactly how you laid it out! Just went ahead and got the RTX 3080. I will end up upgrading my monitor sooner than later. Thanks for the input and help. Cant wait for it to get built and delivered!!!!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 3:14am
Glad to help, Happy Trails!
xcman04 View Drop Down

Quote xcman04 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 7:02am
@Cretae - you are awesome.

@Chuck6520 - not sure if this would help, but I literally just got a new 4k monitor for my build which I ordered last week (also with Cretae's help). Not sure what you're looking for in a monitor, but I ended up getting an Acer 27 in. Predator XB273K from Amazon for 24% off retail price. It has great reviews (ranked around 3rd or 2nd on various articles I've read, and individually it has nice reviews), and the price is hard to beat for the quality you get - it's currently listed at $629.99. Not sure what your budget is, and since I don't have my new computer I obviously can't fully vouch for this monitor, but it certainly seemed like a great deal to me.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 3:00am
chuck6520 View Drop Down

Quote chuck6520 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 5:45pm
@XCMAN04 THANKS FOR THE COMMENT I'LL HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT! I KNOW I WILL HAVE TO UPGRADE MONITORS TO GET THE FULL EFFECT OF THE NEW PC.
 Post Reply Post Reply