New Build - Video Editing and Gaming

Post Date: 2021-11-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vizo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vizo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Build - Video Editing and Gaming
    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 12:50pm
Main Questions I have are:

Can I do any better, price for value?
Is cooling sufficient?
Is PSU and RAM sufficient?
Will single 3080 run both monitors?

Budget:
$7,000

Expectations:
Able to render 4k video files for media company through Adobe Premiere, and gaming.

Usage:
[Heavy Video Editing. Gaming]

Special Needs:
[Must run 2x Monitors, specifically 2x BenQ EX3501R. Must have 2x SSD ( 1 for OS & Games, 1 for Video Files working). Must have at least 2x SATA for Video file storage

Saved Ticket #: [4187989]

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16-Core) 4.9 GHz Turbo

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (Wi-Fi) (AMD X570 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI)
System Memory: 128GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series Power Supply: 1200W Silverstone / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express) Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 980 PRO) (NVM Express) Storage Set 3: 2x Storage (6TB Seagate / Toshiba) <br><strong></strong>
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3080 10GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio HPC Processor: - No Thanks Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks Chassis Mods: - No Thanks Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s) Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system Windows
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 14-21 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by Vizo - 26 Nov 2021 at 5:26pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 5:02am
I'm the gaming guy, not the video editing guy, but I do have a little knowledge. IMHO, you are all set! Your use is what the 5950 was born to do, and it will do it very well. There's plenty of everything else to achieve your aims at a very high level. And under budget, too!

The Velox is often touted as the best airflow midtower, and the GPU mounted upside down in the reversal of the normal window position allows heat to escape upwards where it want to go anyway. I don't anticipate any problems.

It seems you just want 2 of the 6TB HHDs, and not a raid array. If that's the case, you might want to include that advisory in the Build Comments to avoid confusion. If you can saturate 128 GB of RAM, it's in the budget. Having a brand name PSU is also peace of mind. Looks all good to me.   

I'm not sure you have to do this, but the 2/4 year warranty FREE upgrade may need to be selected. There's also a free mouse pad available.   

Edited by Cretae - 27 Nov 2021 at 5:05am
Vizo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vizo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Cretae

I'm the gaming guy, not the video editing guy, but I do have a little knowledge. IMHO, you are all set! Your use is what the 5950 was born to do, and it will do it very well. There's plenty of everything else to achieve your aims at a very high level. And under budget, too!

The Velox is often touted as the best airflow midtower, and the GPU mounted upside down in the reversal of the normal window position allows heat to escape upwards where it want to go anyway. I don't anticipate any problems.

It seems you just want 2 of the 6TB HHDs, and not a raid array. If that's the case, you might want to include that advisory in the Build Comments to avoid confusion. If you can saturate 128 GB of RAM, it's in the budget. Having a brand name PSU is also peace of mind. Looks all good to me.   

I'm not sure you have to do this, but the 2/4 year warranty FREE upgrade may need to be selected. There's also a free mouse pad available.   

Thank You Cretae! I actually already have a dedicated NAS drive station that I'm using so the RAID array isn't really necessary for me at this point. Thanks again for input!
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:57am
I agree with @Cretae on this one.

Having an obsession of being thorough, I'll make two points -- overall, nit picky.

The RTX 3080 is the sweet spot (i.e., best value):

Source: Hardware Recommendations for Adobe Premiere Pro | Puget Systems

Nevertheless, the RTX 3080 Ti does provide value in projects containing many effects:

Source: Adobe Premiere Pro - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti & 3080 Ti Performance | Puget Systems
(The 4K Heavy GPU Effects results show a mostly predictable scale. Otherwise, the benefits top out when reaching the RTX 3080 or the performance is flat (within margin of error) across the board.)

Edited by MrCheetah - 27 Nov 2021 at 9:22am
• Ryzen 5600X, ROG Strix B550-I, RX 6900 XT, 32GB Vengeance, 960GB MP510
• be quiet 500DX, i7 11700K, ROG Strix Z590-E, RTX 4080 ProArt + RTX 4070 Ti ProArt, 64GB HyperX Fury, 2TB SN850
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 3:20am
MrCheetah is our resident studio graphics guy on the Forums. Having his endorsement is a lot better than mine for your use!

Neither of us mentioned, but the 3080 will have no problem with running 2 monitors at once. You have a solid build.
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 3:04pm
McCheetah definitely gave some data for support.

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
 Post Reply Post Reply