FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New computer arrived.

Post Date: 2009-02-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Zerohyperion View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New computer arrived.
    Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 3:37pm
Well my new computer just arrived today, and I'm very happy with it. Heart

The packaging was very well done, the box didn't seem to have any damage to it during shipping.  And also there was nothing loose inside, everything was done very professional.

After unpacking, just took a few minutes to hook up and went up and running, everything went smoothly, no errors or anything.  And of course it's blazing fast Ermm

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone, and I'm sure if I ever need anything they will be the company I go to.

Well enough with the words, onto the configuration and pics Ermm

Configuration:

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Cooler Master HAF 932
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Interior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 3.2GHz (Quad Core) (Extreme Performance)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator DHX (High-Performance)
Power Supply: 1000W PC Power & Cooling (Turbo-Cool Edition) (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Card Reader: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor (10K RPM) (16MB Cache) (Extreme Speed)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1TB Western Digital (7200 RPM) (16MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x) (LightScribe Edition)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1.792GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X (PCI-Express Slot Based) (Recommended)
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 3: High-Performance Liquid Chilled FrostBite System For CPU (With a triple rad radiator)
Liquid Color: Green: Non-conductive High-Performance Fluid (Requires H20: Stage 3 Cooling Package)
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Blue)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Yes, Overclock the processor as much as possible with complete stability
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Windows Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) (For Enthusiasts)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Pre-Install Game: - No Thanks
LCD Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks
Warranty: 5 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty (Highly Recommended)
Pics:

Ermm

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 3:39pm
very nice triple rad?

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 3:43pm
Yup got the triple rad with this beast. Ermm
Bueno7095 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bueno7095 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 3:48pm
Amazing Rig!!! The Fed-Ex truck should be here any moment now with mine

Happy Gaming to you man!!

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 4:28pm
Sweet, let us know how it goes Bueno Ermm
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 6:42pm
Pictures are great!  Your machine is a real beast.  You will have to tell us how dramatic it was for you when you played your favorite game at max with all the eye candy turned on.  I love my new PC.

Ermm 
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Bueno7095 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bueno7095 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 8:36pm
So it finally showed up! I was looking for a Fed-Ex truck and to my surprise a moving truck pulled into my driveway. I pulled it out and set it up and so far everything is perfect!! I am going to post a review with pictures probably this weekend after I have had some time to get it how I want it and get my setup in order!

I cant wait to see what this baby can do!!!

Ermm Ermm
Ermm
<8) slunK parade View Drop Down

Quote <8) slunK parade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 8:40pm
f**king nice
triple rads f**king huge
nice oc

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:18pm
Nice Bueno, glad to hear everything arrived safely!  Can't wait to see your review and pictures.

And an update on mine, everything is still running flawlessly.  And here's a shot of the highest temps after playing Crysis: Warhead after a couple of hours

The computer is amazing. Ermm
BillDempsey View Drop Down

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:38pm
Amazing rig!! Congratulations!! Ermm

Side Question for anyone : Did the radiator replace the top fan? Does it always, even with single radiator?
If so, that's a bummer, because that's a really nice fan and contributes a lot to keeping the whole case cooler.

edit : OH Congrats Bueno! I just saw you got yours too!

Edited by BillDempsey - 06 Mar 2009 at 3:40pm

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:42pm
The radiator did replace the top fan on mine, and from some other pictures in the review section, it seems like even the single radiator replaces the top fan too.

Oh, and thank you! Ermm

Edited by Zerohyperion - 06 Mar 2009 at 3:52pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Zerohyperion

The radiator did replace the top fan on mine, and from some other pictures in the review section, it seems like even the single radiator replaces the top fan too.Oh, and thank you! Ermm

Ya a single rad will replace the big 230mm fan on top however with a signle rad they will put a 120mm fan on top next to the rad also
Lawdog View Drop Down

Quote Lawdog Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 8:32pm
DST is right even the single rad forces the replacement of the top 230mm fan.  It appears that in the rig in this thread the triple rad has 3 - 120mm fans above it.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 8:40pm
right with a single rad you will get one 120mm on top of the rad and then they add another 120mm next to the rad.

a dual rad will come with 2 x 120mm fans, and triple will come with 3 and so forth and so on.
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 3:15pm
G-R-E-A-T looking pictures...and awesome rig!!

Just recently joined this forum--1st post--looking for answers to questions and contemplating a purchase.  Couldn't believe my eyes when I read your spec's (aside from my wanting two optical drives) is exactly what I want--down to the color of the liquid/fans/etc...  Even that brand new Samsung T260 monitor (that still has the sticker in the upper right-hand coner ha, ha...) is the monitor I just bought--what a hoot!!

Quick questions (for anyone) if I might?  It seems intuitive that more radiators mean better cooling...but, could you touch on the differences/benefits (or drawbacks) of getting (1, 2, or 3) radiators?  Also, benefits (or drawbacks) to choosing HAF 932 over 950si...seems I read something about upgradability with (2) 295's and wanting a sound card too??  In other words...are the 950si and the HAF 932 interchangeable--except for personal choice??  I sure like the looks of the HAF 932!

Couldn't help but notice the temps posted (after playing Crisis for a couple of hours) were in the high 70's "C"and over 165 F...with 3-rads, one GPU and dual-loop LC... isn't that running a bit high??  Being in Florida--it's already hot here--that should heat up a room!  Was following the discussion Bill Dempsey was having with someone...about alternative solutions like Thermalake Spressar RCB400 etc..s  Just curious...aside from something like phase-change cooling...are there reasonable/moderately $$ solutions to getting the these temps down--say to around 50/60 C under load??  Hardcore Computer/Reactor claims to be able to with "submersion"...  You're thoughts??

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 3:34pm
Hey Zardoz, thank you!  Haha yea, I had bought the monitor back in January, but waited until the computer arrived to open it up and stuff, so it still had the sticker on it haha.

I'm sure that DST4ME will be able to answer all of your questions.  But the one about the temps of the graphics card, if I remember correctly I've read on the forum as long as it stays under 85 C, then there's no problem with it.  I live in the south too so it's been getting a little warm here as well.

But I believe if you just watch your temps and make sure the graphics card stays below 85 C everything should be fine.  But if I'm wrong, someone can correct me. Ermm

Edited by Zerohyperion - 28 Feb 2010 at 1:08pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 4:48pm
the HAF has better airflow then the 950, so it keeps better case temps. the haf can fit 2 x 295 or 3 x 295.

bigger rad should help keep your temps lower but by exactly how much we are not sure, the main thing about your temp first depends on the chip itself, you might see people with a single rad keep better temps. In short your OK with a single.

xpressar rcb400 is not out yet so its not even an option yet. submersion is not for me, I can't be bothered with all of that every time I was to work/change something on my PC.

Edited by DST4ME - 07 Mar 2009 at 4:49pm

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Zerohyperion

Hey Zardoz, thank you!  Haha yea, I had bought the monitor back in January, but waited until the computer arrived to open it up and stuff, so it still had the sticker on it haha.

I'm sure that DST4ME will be able to answer all of your questions.  But the one about the temps of the graphics card, if I remember correctly I've read on the forum as long as it stays under 85 C, then there's no problem with it.  I live in Georgia so it's been getting a little warm here as well.

But I believe if you just watch your temps and make sure the graphics card stays below 85 C everything should be fine.  But if I'm wrong, someone can correct me. Ermm
Again...like you...I bought my T260 a couple of months ago...and it's sitting all pretty (untouched) on a new computer desk--waiting for a "new" computer!  Now, how many people you know would have the patience to let something like that just sit--reckon we might be twins--separated at birth ha, ha...??

Thanks for the info on the temps...was just curious...  Have been trying to read ALL the posts to get caught up...and DST4ME's input comes up a lot--was hoping he or Painter Bill might chime in. 

....and did I mention I envy you having your computer already--enjoy!!    Ouch

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 6:02pm
You're welcome.  Yea before I made my purchase I read mostly all the posts too; lots of great information to help make your decision.

Yea I've definitely been enjoying this thing Ermm    Keep us informed on how your experience goes as well!
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 8:04pm
The Digital Storm forum is really cool and informative!  It is a great way to learn more and keep your dream machine optimized!

Angry
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 10:40am
Originally posted by DST4ME

the HAF has better airflow then the 950, so it keeps better case temps. the haf can fit 2 x 295 or 3 x 295.

bigger rad should help keep your temps lower but by exactly how much we are not sure, the main thing about your temp first depends on the chip itself, you might see people with a single rad keep better temps. In short your OK with a single.

xpressar rcb400 is not out yet so its not even an option yet. submersion is not for me, I can't be bothered with all of that every time I was to work/change something on my PC.

No BRAG, no BULL... (I) just want to add my voice to those who say "THANK YOU" (all of you...) who spend their time (in this forum) helping others!  It is without a doubt a major factor in my choosing DS.

DST4ME, I must admit a certain enthusiasm for "submersion" technology ever since seeing an early "youtube" clip showing a computer in an aquarium filled with mineral oil...along with the words STABLE, SILENT, Low-Temps...and dust free ha, ha...  But, agree with you on the difficulty in cracking open the case to service something.

Despite grills, fans, dual-loop LC etc...are we hitting an upper limit when it comes to maintaining acceptable temps for current CPUs/GPUs??  Should we just make up our minds that hot/noisy machines are a fact of life--get use to it?  Is there something on the horizon that looks to be a solution to heat dissipation--aside from just decresasing the size/power consumption (both worthy achievements) of hardware?

Maybe I'm wrong...but, I seem to notice more comments in the forums from people who are concerned about the heat/noise from their machines--and wanting less of both in a new machine?  To that end, it's nice that we have the capacity--and print such--concerning the temps (both at rest and under load) but, I don't remember seeing anything stating the decibles of a given machine under rest/load circumstances?  Would you (or DS) be in favor of (pioneering) such a (posted) measurement/statistic...to separate claims of fiction/non-ficution?

As for me, my timeline for getting a new machine is held captive to the spiraling job market and employment.  God willing and the creek don't rise...it's looking like a June/July time frame if all goes well.  Though I spend entirely too much time picking/pricing out a new rig on the DS website--it keeps me from agonizing over the economy--to that end it serves a most useful purpose--cheaper than valium (but not easier to quit ha, ha).  I won't ask you to review any of my current machinations... but, wanted you to know that I appreciate your efforts (and others) as well as, suggestions and notifications of coming changes in technology.  Again, THANKX!!   Big%20smile

Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 1:01pm
Zaedoz8719,

After you survive the long wait be sure to get a Digital Strom beast.  I waited about 6 months to be sure I made it through the 10% cut at work and ordered mine the evening I knew I was safe.  Love my new dream machine.

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Onkel_Ken

Zaedoz8719,

After you survive the long wait be sure to get a Digital Strom beast.  I waited about 6 months to be sure I made it through the 10% cut at work and ordered mine the evening I knew I was safe.  Love my new dream machine.
You know, I got to thinking...somewhere along the line I stopped looking "forward" to things--and started trying to make it "through" things?!  This economy is a B-E-A-R...and any symbolic reference to the stock market is purly intentional!!

Will take your advice...and get a new rig the moment I feel the wheels arn't about to come off my "financial" wagon.  You take Care too.
scaner View Drop Down

Quote scaner Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 6:50pm
Yep nice Rig,and cool pic.Heart
GTO - Cooler Master HAF 932 Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz/oc 3.4 (1333MHz FSB)
(12MB Cache)
NVIDIA 780i Core 2 Quad Chipset: nForce 780i SLI Vista64/Samsung 2233BW

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB
 Post Reply Post Reply