FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Config Lumos-Please review/advise :)

Post Date: 2020-01-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Raya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Raya Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Config Lumos-Please review/advise :)
    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:35am
Budget:
$2500

With this current config I tried to bring the price lower, but I didn't want to sacrifice:

Core components
Graphics

If I could save more dollars, please recommend.

Expectations:
My Vanquish 3 Level 4 was my best gaming friend. There were almost zero issues with it ranging from the first day I ordered it until it died last month. The only past issue with my Vanquish was that a wire was hitting one of the 2 fans of the ASUS.

I just expect the same, if not better, quality service and product from Digital Storm 😊

Usage:
Gaming.

Special Needs:
None.

Saved Config #: 2826475

Specifications:

Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-P (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar)
Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)
Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (240GB Digital Storm Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Accessories / Goodies
Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
LUMOSsible
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 8:20pm
Would $2740 work Raya, because with the DS Sale I can improve your build quite a bit to get it to $3k...and then you get an extra $100 off so...$300 off to bring it back down to $2740 total and Free Shipping.    Really a stronger rig overall while staying with the RTX 2080 Super you wanted.   Like to see you get that nice Lumos rig with a stronger setup.

Lumos Config # 2827384   $3,040 minus DS Sale $300 Off = $2,740 Total

*The i7-9700K CPU is neck & neck with the i9-9900K in gaming performance, and even better with the Free DS Stage 1 Overclock...

*upgraded to better quality full featured ASUS ROG Z390 Strix H ATX motherboard. More PCIE slots, more SATA III drive ports, more M.2 drive ports, more USB ports.

*Drive1 ...Upgraded to bigger speedier Samsung Evo 970 Pro M.2 NVME 500 GB SSD as it’s 5X faster than the stock DS SATA III SSD.
250 GB was kinda minimal size...would fill up pretty quick.

*Upgraded cooler to Corsair H100i 240 mm AIO cooler...better quality unit, longer 5 yr warranty, RGB LED lighting.

*Upgraded to Corsair LL Series case fans...Better performance, 2 yr warranty, dazzling RGB LED lighting, and includes a Corsair Lighting Node Pro that allows synchronization of all Corsair RGB lighting using Corsair iCUE software.   That would also work with Corsair RGB peripherals like Corsair RGB keyboard or mouse.

* Free DS Stage 1 Overclock of the CPU
* Free DS RGB LED light string with remote

See what you think Raya....You get quite a lot here for just $240 more...

Edited by HockeyBuck - 13 Jan 2020 at 8:32pm
Raya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Raya Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Would $2740 work Raya, because with the DS Sale I can improve your build quite a bit to get it to $3k...and then you get an extra $100 off so...$300 off to bring it back down to $2740 total and Free Shipping.    Really a stronger rig overall while staying with the RTX 2080 Super you wanted.   Like to see you get that nice Lumos rig with a stronger setup.

Lumos Config # 2827384   $3,040 minus DS Sale $300 Off = $2,740 Total

*The i7-9700K CPU is neck & neck with the i9-9900K in gaming performance, and even better with the Free DS Stage 1 Overclock...

*upgraded to better quality full featured ASUS ROG Z390 Strix H ATX motherboard. More PCIE slots, more SATA III drive ports, more M.2 drive ports, more USB ports.

*Drive1 ...Upgraded to bigger speedier Samsung Evo 970 Pro M.2 NVME 500 GB SSD as it’s 5X faster than the stock DS SATA III SSD.
250 GB was kinda minimal size...would fill up pretty quick.

*Upgraded cooler to Corsair H100i 240 mm AIO cooler...better quality unit, longer 5 yr warranty, RGB LED lighting.

*Upgraded to Corsair LL Series case fans...Better performance, 2 yr warranty, dazzling RGB LED lighting, and includes a Corsair Lighting Node Pro that allows synchronization of all Corsair RGB lighting using Corsair iCUE software.   That would also work with Corsair RGB peripherals like Corsair RGB keyboard or mouse.

* Free DS Stage 1 Overclock of the CPU
* Free DS RGB LED light string with remote

See what you think Raya....You get quite a lot here for just $240 more...

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate your time/effort, and your suggestions helped.

I got the cost up to 2855 with the following changes:

Added:
- ASUS ROG Strix
- 1 TB storage only with just Storage Set 1. With my last rig, I got by with 250GB set 1 + 1TB set 2 and even that was more than enough.
- Corsair H100i PRO Cooler

LUMOSsible
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 1:04pm
Glad to lend a hand... Good long term choices Raya!   

When you need more storage down the road, making use of the 2nd M.2 port makes it easy to add additional fast storage.   
 Post Reply Post Reply