New Games For My New DS Beast

Post Date: 2021-11-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Games For My New DS Beast
    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 1:15pm
Just got my new Digital Storm Beast last week and have picked up a couple new games to play. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy came with the computer and I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 & Forza Horizon 4 for a discount on Steam yesterday. These have beautiful graphics and interesting game play.

Otherwise I still like to play Call Of Duty WW2, Call Of Duty Modern Warfare, Call of Duty Black Ops II, & Metro Last Light. Got a couple more but these are what I play the most.

It is so nice to set everything to Ultra settings and see the true beauty of the immersive world that gaming can place you into.

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Online
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 4:44am
You still have until 10:00 AM Pacific time on the Steam sale. Not sure if you're just telling us what you got, or you want more options.

Metro Exodus... very modern
Witcher 3 or the whole series
Fallout 4
Skyrim
Battlefield 1
Battlefield 5 Look on Origin.com for these, and check
              into EA Play to seeif it has any interest
              for you. It's a great opportunity to try a
              wide variety of recent games for a subscription price.

Try a Total War game. Perhaps start with Rome II Emperer Edition. Strategic play evolves into large tactical battles that are great fun.

Look at the Halo and Crysis franchises for more shooters.

There are many more, but many of these seem to be what you like, and are more or less classics.

The RPGs I mentioned are among the very best there are if you want to try those.    
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 5:46am
Cretae,

I was just mentioning what I have now. I used to play several of the Battlefield titles like BF Vietnam etc back in the day. I will have to check them out again.

Thanks for the suggestions on what's good that is out there to play.

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:43am
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:16pm
Cretae,

By the way thanks for letting me know about the free Tomb Raider videos that I snagged!

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 3:30am
A pleasure!    

Keep checking back at Epic Games each Thursday. They've been offering a free game every week for about a year. I see that Galactic Civ III is going to be free next Thurs.   

In the past, I have snagged Civ VI, Troy Total War, Europa Universalis IV, Offworld Trading Company, Elite: Dangerous, and several others in addition to the Tomb Raider trilogy. Gal Civ III is a repeat, so maybe some of the others will come back around. Free is soooo in my price range, I can experiment with games I might never buy, like Railway Empire!    

Edited by Cretae - 07 Jan 2022 at 3:42am
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 4:10am
I will keep them on Speed Dial to check out their Thursday specials.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 11:51am
Elite: Dangerous and Railway Empire are two of my all time favorites and I've been playing Civ VI quite a bit, too. If you really get into E:D look at HCS voicepacks. Nothing like having Capt James T Kirk, et al, run your ship via voice commands. Highly recommended.

As you say, getting those games for free is just icing on the cake.   

Edit... Although I have to say, if you've never played E:D there is a fairly steep learning curve. But if you're in any way a fan of space and space exploration with it's 1:1 replication of our galaxy, it is so totally worth it.

Edited by Snaike - 07 Jan 2022 at 11:53am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Snaike

Elite: Dangerous and Railway Empire are two of my all time favorites and I've been playing Civ VI quite a bit, too. If you really get into E:D look at HCS voicepacks. Nothing like having Capt James T Kirk, et al, run your ship via voice commands. Highly recommended.

As you say, getting those games for free is just icing on the cake.   

Edit... Although I have to say, if you've never played E:D there is a fairly steep learning curve. But if you're in any way a fan of space and space exploration with it's 1:1 replication of our galaxy, it is so totally worth it.

LOLLOLLOL
Steep is the key word here! wow
Whoa
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 4:41am
Originally posted by hoserator

\
LOLLOLLOL
Steep is the key word here! wow
Whoa
One thing about the game that is amazing to me is the number of dedicated fan sites. We're not talking "oh this game is great" type sites but mapping sites, commerce tracking, live shipping building, alien interaction, trade route plotting... it's bloody huge.

At last count I have about 1000 hours into E:D and haven't played it since before the last major update, so I have some catching up to do. I have around a dozen ships, a few billion credits and almost triple elite rank... (Combat, Merchant, Exploration)... With the current hoopla around the JWST getting into orbit around L2 I'm starting to get the itch to get back into space.

I'm just worried that with my last round of diagnostic work into the power problem I may have deleted some necessary settings/files.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 11:35pm
Some time back Snaike posted something about World of Tanks and I had a looksee, then they came out with WOT:Blitz and I have been hooked ever since. 7,200 hrs on it. When I'm beat, I practice E:D!  I crash a lot! lol
supr sonnc44 View Drop Down

Quote supr sonnc44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 3:48am
I would also like to recommend a few games that you should definitely pass if you have not played:
- Metro Exodus . A very beautiful game with an interesting storyline. Also on a good pc looks very nice.
- God of War. Recently ported from consoles and it's also a very cool game.
Also, I recently played minecraft on a powerful pc where the rtx feature was used. The game feels very different so you can also play, if you like this type of game.

Edited by supr sonnc44 - 11 Feb 2022 at 3:50am
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 11:45am
supr sonnc44,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have Metro Last Light which is a pretty decent game. I have looked at God of War and very impressed with the graphics and gameplay.

I might end up getting God of War one of these days along with Forza Horizon 5 since I love the Forza 4 that I recently picked up.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 8:16am
So many games, so little time. Crazy
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 6:49am
Hi Onkel... I also love COD, Black Ops and the newer Vanquard.  Never thought I would get into a high energy, multiplayer game .  Being 72 yo I never though I could keep up with the younger crowd jacked on Red Bull, lol.  Some days I get my butt kicked and others I'm in the top 3.   Just love blowing stuff up.

Battlefield 2042, for me, was a huge disappointment.  I think COD spoiled me with all their ranking, gun mods etc.

Metro's are great.  KInda short playtime but worth it.  I'm replaying Metro Exotus to try out ray tracing with the new RTX card. 

For more relaxed play, Humankind isn't too bad.  Tries to beat Civ 6 but no way..  Humankind needs to get rid of the Fame thing and let other endings like domination, science determine the winner.

For adventure D&D type stuff the Pathfinder and Divinity latest are great..

Have fun Big%20Smile

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 6:50am

So many games, so little time. Crazy

Exactly my thoughts.

Big%20Smile
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 9:04am
I have really enjoyed playing Forza Horizon 4 and am thinking about buying Forza Horizon 5 too. As far as FPS I play COD Modern Warware 3, COD WWII, COD Black Ops II.

I have Guardians of the Galaxy, GTA V, Red Dead Redemption 2,Metro Last Light, & The 3 Tomb Raider games I got for free. I don't play these very much but still interesting occasionally.

I have been having fun with Universe Sandbox, Fractal Extreme, Pinball Arcade, PokerStars & Antstream Arcade.

So much cool stuff out there to enjoy. One of these days I need to try out one of the flight simulator games since I got my Private Pilot license but haven't flown in years.
Boom68 View Drop Down

Quote Boom68 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Onkel_Ken

Just got my new Digital Storm Beast last week and have picked up a couple new games to play. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy came with the computer and I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 & Forza Horizon 4 for a discount on Steam yesterday. These have beautiful graphics and interesting game play.

Several interesting recommendations, can one email this entire thread to themselves for future reference?

Thank you.
Boom68 View Drop Down

Quote Boom68 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 8:14pm

Some time back Snaike posted something about World of Tanks and I had a looksee, then they came out with WOT:Blitz and I have been hooked ever since. 7,200 hrs on it. When I'm beat, I practice E:D!  I crash a lot! lol

7,200 hours, how many years did it take you to accumulate that many hours?
Lynx
OgreMkV View Drop Down

Quote OgreMkV Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 7:35pm
I play World of Warships and am looking forward to some really impressive video.

I have the Master Chief bundle for HALO as well. Those older games might get a boost. And I'm looking to try ray tracing in Minecraft.

I don't really do the AAA games or 4k. One reason I didn't splurge on a 3080.

Hopefully Battletech will actually be playable as well.
KKrusher View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote KKrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 11:40am
My DS system is now approximately 3 years old. I play games like WOT, WOWS, Mech5Merc, and a couple of others. Game play is super smooth and the graphics are amazing on my monitor (2K predator). I still play games like SC2 and AlienIsolation and they are beautiful on this system.

You will be impressed with your new rig...I am confident...

Sincerely,

KK
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 3:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply