Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Gaming Computers Page
    Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 7:01pm

Hey everyone, we just integrated a video of our system & gaming in action at the top of the gaming computers section (http://www.digitalstormonline.com/gamingcomputers.asp).

It's been post-processed to remove a lot of the jitter movement and darkness. Also, the video is small and fast to reduce load times so it plays instantly for every user.

Any suggestions or comments to improve our "gaming computers" section to increase our conversion rate?

Warm Regards,
Alex
workingman View Drop Down

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 8:25pm
Alex, same jittery video...gives me a headache...and makes me want to get drunk Confused would have been aces if the camera could have been a bit more stable..or the cameraman ... other than that..its ok..i presonally like blue...and the music is ok..i give it a two outta five ...sorry ....Workingman
workingman View Drop Down

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 8:30pm

i watched it again..its not that jittery...but maybe its the quick cut scenes..im no video guru..but i would have went for a slow close up on the unit and then a sweep of the interior window..then on to the game...but dont mind me..you wont see any oscar or emmy at my house..lol

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 9:12pm
No problem. Thank you for the input. This is our first, and there are going to be many more to come.

The goal of the video was to be fast and quick on purpose. Mainly to demonstrate speed, and buzz/game-play to grab attention.

Warm Regards,
Alex
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Alex

Any suggestions or comments to improve our "gaming computers" section to increase our conversion rate?

im not sure what exactly you mean by conversion rate, but as far as the page layout goes:

yes, im bringing it up again. the dso bolt is red, and while it stands out i really think the theme needs to be either red black and white or blue black and white, i was proud of dso for having the original twist of red over the blue "techno" craze, but that seems to be fading fast.

my only other gripe with the gaming page is that i feel that its too verticle, maybe drop the bottom off and make it verticle down the right. widescreen and huge monitors/resolutions are getting much bigger in the field, and honestly i only even noticed that on the bottom because of this post.

i think it would be a good idea to have the configs increase in price as it goes left to right, for obvious reasons.

back to color, the red 950 looks stellar on its own, but on a page of blue it hits me like a "show system", just like you expect the best looking, most expensive cars that no one buys to be way out front/in the lobby. from a sales standpoint i think it would look and feel more obtainable and practical if it matched the rest. devils advocate would say, "we want it to stand out". well, thats fine, but standing out in a good way would be bolding all the "performance advantage" text but keeping the case layout/color similar. this draws attention without giving the air of superfluous-ness

finally, id suggest drastically reducing the volume level of the video, since its embedded, obviously its going to go automatically. I'll personally admit that any page that plays something loud that i dont want on ill immedeatly close. i think by either making the screen have a large "play" button you can avoid that bad taste you get in your mouth when you scroll to a page or minimize while loading to be suprised by this blasting techno - or - just start the volume much lower

just my .02 but it looks great even if it is BLUE

*edit* and the video id defiantly drag more on the window (or with the side panel off) and let us see the guts
also, maybe instead of crysis show some things like 6 instances of a benchmarking program or something of the sort, i realize this could cause some copyright issues, but i doubt any creators would have an issue if you asked Smile

Edited by !ender_ - 02 Jul 2008 at 1:03am
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 4:35am
I like the concept. The set work for the video really was done well. It's simple, but it really does a nice job of providing the system with a stage without distracting the audience. I like the idea of using cuts to Crysis game play. It's an easily recognizable title that people equate with extreme hardware demands. Watching smooth gameplay on screen implies the system in the video is massively powerful without the need of stats or benchmarks.

Things I think could be improved:

A slower pan on the internals. I know alot of people that buy these systems have never owned anything more interesting than an HP or Dell in a plain jane box. Seeing a Digital Storm Customized System for the first time is an awe inspiring thing if that is the frame of reference you have when you think of a PC. There are some nice slow pans over the exterior. I think people are more interested in what's inside than the front panel. The front is going to look alot like any other system they have ever owned. The inside isn't so it's exciting. That's my opinion anyway.

The music is energetic, and it does fit the style of the video. It's also not my favorite thing. I really wanted to see this video, so I did not immediately close the window, but I have to say, had I never been to this site before and that started playing, I might be inclined to do just that. I don't know really. Music is a subjective thing, you're never going to please everyone, but maybe there are better alternatives?  Possibly find a band that might like national exposure, or hold a contest and let customers submit original compositions. Those are just a couple of ideas.

I'm probably just being picky. Overall I think the video was very well done, and this version is much improved from the first version that was posted.

Edited by Tyler Lowe - 02 Jul 2008 at 4:36am
Venture View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Venture Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 7:10pm
The video is cool.  I just hate when I go to a page and music and/or video starts playing.  But that's just me.
780i MB
E6850 3.00GHz
8800GT 512MB
6GB Corsair 800MHz Dominator
Windows 7 Home Premium 64
 Post Reply Post Reply