FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New high end setup - trying to make an order

Post Date: 2019-06-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ARozay View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ARozay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New high end setup - trying to make an order
    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 2:11pm
Whats up guys, I am trying to make a decision on a pre built pc, I am really leaning towards, digital storm. I really did not want to spend more then 3500 usd. Where I am getting stuck is when configuring the computer, is things like the GPU and such. I am looking for a monster gaming computer, something if I decide I want to stream, or play any game at the highest settings with great fps. If anyone can lead me in the direction of what to do, I am looking at 32 gigs of ram, an i9, and I want the 2080 ti. I really want to do digital storm but its expensive compared to a lot of competition. If anyone can help me, for 3-3500 usd and just get a really soild gaming pc. Thanks for any input, I know the basis of computers and been a console gamer but want to move towards gaming on a pc. Thanks for any help
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 3:50pm
Welcome to the forum ARozay.

DS allows you to select higher quality components...or not so high...lol.as your budget demands.

What you are asking for is to use the most costly options, and you are just a little low on budget. Stripped down a little, I have a build that meets your component request... very close to budget at $3640.

Lumos build1 - config # 2410317 ($3640)
Excellent Corsair Crystal Series 570X ATX case
Top i9-9900X DS overclocked free Stage 1
good DS 240 mm no maintenence AIO cooler
good DS 16 GB RAM
Solid Asus Z390 Strix Mobo
fast Samsung M.2 NVME 500GB Drive 1
good DS 2 TB SATA III Drive 2
Excellent Corsair 850w modular PSU Gold Efficiency
Top RTX 2080 Ti video card
stock case fans
free RGB LED light string

If you change CPU to go with another great 8 core top gaming CPU...the i7-9700K would save almost $200 and would get you under your budget at $3472 with very little difference in gaming performance.

If you wanted improved components on a I7-9700K Lumos build and can go a little more $...you go with the better warranty Corsair H100i 240mm cooler (+$60), better Corsair Vengeance 16GB RGB RAM (+$25), and excellent Corsair Crystal Series LL 120mm RGB fans (+$119) and you come in at $3651.

Lumos Build2 Config # 2410343 ($3651)
Excellent Corsair Crystal Series 570X ATX case
Excellent i7-9700K DS overclocked free Stage 1
Better Corsair 240 mm no maintenence AIO cooler
Excellent Corsair Vengeance 16 GB RGB RAM
Solid Asus Z390 Strix Mobo
fast Samsung M.2 NVME 500GB Drive 1
good DS 2 TB SATA III Drive 2
Excellent Corsair 850w modular PSU Gold Efficiency
Top RTX 2080 Ti video card
Excellent Corsair LL Series 120 mm case fans
free RGB LED light string

Both builds would be very strong RTX 2080 Ti gaming rigs.   Build 1 has the CPU and GPU you wanted.   Build 2 saves money using the I7-9700K CPU and uses the savings to improve quality on several key components.

See what you think, or tinker to come up with your own build!

I have ordered 4 DS rigs since 2011, all still in use and never fail to impress... and you won't find better quality computers or builders elsewhere.   
ARozay View Drop Down

Quote ARozay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 5:44pm
thank you so much, I really wanted a monitor with these, I can push the budget to 4000k, but for example just take a look at this and tell me why I wanted do this. thank you for taking your time to write this, I just want to get this done already, I just want the computer to run any game at the best settings but I mainly play fortnite which I know is not a hard game to run but also want to be able to stream and I will get a capture card later

.. removed link and competitor name ...

Edited by Snaike - 03 Jun 2019 at 9:54pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 6:28pm
First and foremost...There simply is no comparison between a pre-built ********** with non-branded components from a Costco...and buying a custom gaming rig from a industry leading gaming computer manufacturer like Digital Storm.   

You buy from DS...you are buying the best from folks with a decade of experience building the latest greatest in high end computers. DS stands behind their builds.

Next...When you buy a DS custom built PC, each PC is assembled with care with parts YOU had a hand in selecting, by folks who are actually responsible for the quality and proud of what they build...and then your rig is properly stress tested at full gaming and overclocked loads...to make sure all components perform properly together...and that the rig meets DS expected gaming performance standards BEFORE it ships to you.   If any component in your build fails in stress testing, they start the whole build over with a new set of components....

Last...that pre-built Costco rig had 64GB RAM, and gaming now and for the foreseeable future can't even use more than 16GB....but you pay for that.   It also had Win 10 Pro you really don't need either.   Also their cooler is a smaller 120mm model.   You have no control of the brand or quality level of the parts used in that rig, nor how long ago it was built, or how many warehouses it was bounced through before it got to Costco.

If you buy a DS gaming rig...you will get your moneys worth and more. Nuff said...lol...

.. removed competitor name ...

Edited by Snaike - 03 Jun 2019 at 9:55pm
ARozay View Drop Down

Quote ARozay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:15pm
I was just wondering, so much to choose from and stressful, only way I am going to be able to make this work is to up my budget to over 4k. I will keep you updated, just ready to pull the trigger.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 2:22am
If you're happy gaming at the excellent resolution 1440p (2K) and high frame rates, the RTX 2080 will be the absolute best choice for Ultra everything. IMO, the best monitors are 1440p, 144 fps, IPS and G-Sync.

Streaming while gaming does not place all that much extra load on your system, and the parts recommended here will have no trouble whatsoever.

I absolutely agree with HockeyBuck that you will have terrific performance from the i7 9700K. The CPU is just not a factor you need to worry about for gaming at this high level. That CPU is so good, it will probably last you 7+ years.

Pair that with a more realistic GPU choice, and his second build comes in at $3164 and you have plenty left for a very good monitor.

Just sayin'.
ARozay View Drop Down

Quote ARozay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 11:57am
What do you think about me choosing a threadripper over the 9900k?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 10:33pm
Lol...I think for what you have said you wish to use this rig for, that you are not listening to what I and Cretae have tried to explain here.    You should really focus on the GPU to maximize your gaming performance.   That has a big effect on price, and we are saying the excellent and less expensive i7-9700K 8 core 8 Thread CPU, with free DS Stage 1 overclock, can game just as well as the i9-9900X or the AMD Threadripper... so CPU isn’t a huge concern.

I also agree with Cretae that the RTX 2080 is a very strong GPU and could save a few bucks if that excellent high performing 2080 card would also meet your desires.    Most games are GPU performance centered rather than CPU, so CPU is less important here.    

As to the 2080 vs the 2080 Ti...that difference would be noticeable in gaming...the question you have to answer is whether 11-17% performance boost in gaming frame rates is worth the extra $500 it will cost you to use the 2080 Ti.   If yes, get the 2080 Ti with whatever CPU you like... If cost matters, then go with the better bang for the buck 2080 and one of the CPU choices we listed... You would still be using very high settings and very high frames.   

This is your build, and we want you to be able to game well and enjoy an excellent quality DS custom build!   
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 5:47am
+1
ARozay View Drop Down

Quote ARozay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 2:32pm
I am really leaning towards building my own pc because I can pick the components, does anyone know what 2080 ti they use if you chose custom loop for gpu, I do not want the asus turbo 2080 ti
SnowandSand View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SnowandSand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by ARozay

I am really leaning towards building my own pc because I can pick the components, does anyone know what 2080 ti they use if you chose custom loop for gpu, I do not want the asus turbo 2080 ti

I am guessing it will be one with a stock PCB (due to ease of water block choice/options) unless you request the strix etc..
Hailstorm II(Retired)
R7 2700x
16GB Team Dark Pro @ 3200 CL14
Asus x470 CH VII Hero
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W PSU
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1TB & 6TB WD - Black Edition
2x GTX 980TI Strix
Hydrolux Stage 3
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 7:43pm
You would need to ask DS what Brand and model card they are using this week in stock, but for lower cost reasons they will remove a stock cards fans and heatsink to apply a custom DS waterblock to the card.   Sometimes they may have another model card you might prefer in stock, or you can ask if you have one you would like ordered instead.   

Edited by HockeyBuck - 19 Jun 2019 at 7:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply