FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New HP IPS monitors

Post Date: 2011-09-28

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shaelen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 09 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
  Quote Shaelen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New HP IPS monitors
    Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 6:16pm
Hey guys,

Has anyone else looked into HP's new ips monitors?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hp-expands-award-winning-display-portfolio-2011-09-14

I was about to order from Dell and then I saw these. The 24 inch doesn't come out until October, so I'll have to wait a little for it to be reviewed. The 27 inch is also a great price. Can one gtx 480 handle the higher res of a 27 in? Also, I've been reading that games, movies, and websites use the Srbg instead of the wide color gamut, and the new HP monitors are all Srbg. Any thoughts on how these compare to the Dell Ultrasharps? Tx all.
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 6:30pm
have not seen them but dell has always been better option for me.

I need to see the specs of the monitor and the prices too.
Back to Top
Shaelen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 09 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
  Quote Shaelen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 7:26pm
When you get a chance the specs and prices are listed here: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF04a/382087-382087-64283-72270-3884471.html
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 7:34pm
thx will look
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 9:58pm
I can't find all the info I need on it but I don't see it being better then the dell, they seem have little better specs, hp has better brightness but dell has much better color gamut, thats between ZR2440w and u2412m

Edited by DST4ME - 28 Sep 2011 at 10:00pm
Back to Top
Shaelen View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 09 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
  Quote Shaelen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 11:23pm
Thanks for checking them out for me. It looks like I'll have to wait for Tftcentral to review the new HPs. I do have a few qs that you can hopefully help me with. I was under the impression that e-ips panels were inferior to h-ips panels. Is that really the case? It seems like the e-ips panels don't cover the wider color gamut. I thought that was bad but then read if you aren't using apps that need a wide gamut, it can actually make regular colors seem over saturated and neon. So, since ill be primarily gaming/watching movies, do I even need the wider gamut? I know the e-ips panels are supposed to be more affordable but I'm not that worried about that. So would you still recommend the u2410 over those two e-ips panels? Tx again for all of your help; I really appreciate it.
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 1:32am
the u2410 is better then all of those panels, I was talking about the u2412m, otherwise the u2410 has the higher specs between all the dell and hp ips 24/23" panels.

also there are no u24/u23 users that complain about saturation and etc, better gamut is always better IMHO.

from what I understand e ips and h ips are pretty much the same with the e ips being better then h ips.

Edited by DST4ME - 29 Sep 2011 at 1:33am
Back to Top
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 02 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1699
  Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 3:13pm
dells got a few new monitors out, have heard some great things and theyre much more reasonable.

U2212HM at $279

U2312HM at $319
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 4:16pm
the 22" is not that great it has the lowest specs.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 9.299469E-02 seconds.