Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: NEW Labor Day Specials: Don't Wait!
    Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 1:42am

I'm thrilled to announce our labor day specials for our gaming desktops (http://digitalstormonline.com/gamingcomputers.asp).

We just updated them with top brand name power supplies, faster overclocks, and even better upgraded motherboard models.

There's never been such a good time to join the loyal family of happy Digital Storm customers. Take advantage of this limited time promotion before it's too late.

Edited by Alex - 01 Sep 2009 at 1:58am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 1:58am
By the way, thanks to our valued community's feedback, you spoke, and we listened. Ermm
Roadkill331. View Drop Down

Quote Roadkill331. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 2:39am
Any way ticket number 327776 is able to score a pre-built deal?
jean luc picard View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote jean luc picard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 2:46am
Good job alex,holiday specials make for great sales.p.s did you ever think of using sexy swim suit models to help sell your sporty looking computers?Nah i second thought it wouldnt work.It would ruin the family atmosphere.Dead
INTEL I7 920 OCED 3.5 GHZ
6 GB DDR3 MUSHKIN RAM 1333 MHZ
DUAL GTX 275 SLI
750 WATT PS
500 GB WD HDx2 RAID 0
WINDOW'S VISTA HOME premium
ANTEC 902 TOWER
ACER 23IN 1920/1080 rez
EVGA X58 LE

Quote Roadkill331. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 2:48am
Yeah try that, even though they dont know what they are sellingSmile
Jingping View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jingping Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Roadkill331.

Any way ticket number 327776 is able to score a pre-built deal?

Nah, a real enthusiast would go with this!
satsunada View Drop Down

Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 4:23am
Nice.. that's a great deal on the enthusiast 4.
If knowledge is power and power corrupts, then total knowledge corrupts totally.

Quote Roadkill331. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 4:24am
Don't know about the red uv lightUnhappy
Some people might not like that
adale View Drop Down

Quote adale Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 12:56pm
Is there much difference between the performance 1 and and 2?
I'm trying to get my dad to buy me a DS gaming rig now since these deals. He said he doesnt want to spend 1,000 and over on a computer.

So if there is a big difference between the performance 1 and 2 please tell me so I can see if its possible to sway him to the performance 2.
MyThLoSt View Drop Down

Quote MyThLoSt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 1:40pm
would be nice if  enthusiast 1 came with 6gbs of ram instead of 3
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 1:48pm

@adale, there is a big difference between the Performance 1 and 2. The P 2 has a better motherboard and better video card. It is also a quad core which can process information way faster than the core 2. I have sitting next to me the P2 and a core 2 running at 2.66. The P2 does everything better and faster and smoother than the P1.  The P2 I bought from DS. For the price difference I think you would be very happy with the P2 if you are in the market for a new machine. Just my thoughts. Cool Bottom line is that there is a huge speed increase in the P2 quad core machine.

Edited by Sodius - 01 Sep 2009 at 1:51pm
roguejestyr View Drop Down

Quote roguejestyr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 8:39pm
nice specials. a few questions for the configuration gurus:

my monitor size is 24", 1920x1200, would like to play games at that resolution.
i play mostly WoW and some FPS.
i will reuse my keyboard, mouse, monitor.

is the Enthusiast 1 right for me, as in will the 3GB 1333 MHz RAM enough? if i wanted to SLI later, will the EVGA X58M work well? what will be the biggest hold up in the Enthusiast 1 with regards to upgrading later?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 9:41pm
@Roadkill331,

Sorry, we can't.
livelystar View Drop Down

Quote livelystar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 10:43pm
I like how DS listen to our feedback and offer better model but something is missing....i don't know what but something is missing with those build that make me still doesn't want to buy yet...someone have same feeling?
<a href="www.livelystar.com">www.livelystar.com</a>
satsunada View Drop Down

Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 10:56pm
I'm not sure what the issue is. It's missing the obvious brand name parts on everything which is what makes it cheaper. Other than that, i'm not sure what the issue is
If knowledge is power and power corrupts, then total knowledge corrupts totally.

Quote Roadkill331. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Alex

@Roadkill331,

Sorry, we can't.

It was mainly meant as a joke.

Originally posted by satsunada

I'm not sure what the issue is. It's missing the obvious brand name parts on everything which is what makes it cheaper. Other than that, i'm not sure what the issue is

Maybe a sound card or something small like that.

Edited by Roadkill331. - 01 Sep 2009 at 11:03pm
easytarget View Drop Down

Quote easytarget Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Roadkill331.

Originally posted by Alex

@Roadkill331,

Sorry, we can't.

It was mainly meant as a joke.

Originally posted by satsunada

Maybe a sound card or something small like that.
That would be my feedback.  Besides what you see in a game, one of the other most important elements is sound, and onboard sound is uttler sh*te compared to any of the sound card options available on a build here.  Take one of the builds wasting money w/ a 295 or 1TB drive and go down on those options to say a 275 and 500GB and put a real sound card on.

PsychDoc View Drop Down

Quote PsychDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 1:21am
Well, I kind of feel like a jerk for not waiting. 

I got the machine config that ONLY supports 12 gigs of RAM, and Windows Home Premium already supports 16 Gigs, PLUS the upgrade to windows 7 in October will support 192 gigs of RAM, and I am forever limited with the mini-atx mobo in the "extreme 1 " to 12 gigs of RAM...Now I can live with 2 graphics cards, fine.  But RAM is essential to an extreme multi-tasker, and in 2-3 years, I will be replacing the Mobo- and maybe the PSU so I can OC the latest processor (eh, at the OC'd speed of 3.75 will be fine in 3 years not worried).  Probably all the things like the case, H2O cooling, and graphics cards will still be serving me well.  But I am willing to bet that RAM goes to 4-Gig sticks and I will be the guy who doesn't have 24 gigs because of the mini-ATX Mobo and will be replacing the mobo at that time, instead of just taking my lumps for the cost of the removal of the 2 gig sticks of RAM (at $129 for 6 gigs of cool blue Mushkin-enhanced DDR3 1600 RAM, I am guessing that 4 gig sticks will be affordable in 2 years-- and I will not be able to use them in the MINI-ATX board.

Maybe I can get me a cheap Mobo at that time (like the LE I would have held out for had I known it was coming) if they are still selling it in 2-3 years or whenever 4-gig sticks drop in price)...and get DS to OC a new processor to 5 MHZ or whatever they will be doing in 2 years too.  Maybe I will learn how to do all of this myself...either way, I have to be realistic, and in all likelihood, I will discover just how much difference 12 gigs of RAM makes when I install the extra 6 gigs tomorrow after I play with the config i bought for a while, then do the comparison and see where it makes a difference.   

I DO wish that the LE mobos were in the system I bought, but then again, I was the one who bought it, and it sure is a nice system for the cost!  Maybe I will learn more in 2 years and be able to handle a Mobo swap out?  That HAF-932 beast seems to be able to take whatever you want to put into it!

Any thoughts on RAM and 24Gig capability vs. 12 Gig in 2-3 years down the road (whenever RAM sticks of 4 gigs drop in price) are appreciated. Remember I am a multi-tasker and run 4 monitors. 

I went in with both eyes wide open...so i saved enough to justify buying a new mobo if it comes to that in 2 years.  I think 12 gigs should be plenty until then.
Besides i have been waiting for 18 months to get this beastie, so it will be ALL GOOD!! 

I am always interested in the devices you folks have placed into the HAF-932 case, such as card readers in the 3.5" bottom bay, id that mini-ATX Mobo likes E-Sata, or some other way to connect to the mobo from the optical drives and card readers and sound card front panel devices, etc.  So tell me what you got, how you connected it (that is where) and i will go crazy buying cheap drives and installing them.  I burn tons of my music CD's (I make sound tracks) and I take photos and make videos for courses that run online.  So your experiences and suggestions are appreciated!

I was hooked when I read that the mini-ATX mobo is almost everything the CLASSIFIED Mobo is except for the lack of a 3rd video card slot and only 12 gigs of RAM max.  Hope those reviews were correct.

Looking forward to tomorrow.  By the way, I am guessing i should run out and get an antivirus program prior to connecting to the Internet and not fiddling with downloaded free trials, right?  Idiotic newbie question, but had to ask.

Cheers,
Soon to be new DS owner!  Confused

Quote Roadkill331. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 1:26am
Originally posted by PsychDoc

I got the machine config that ONLY supports 12 gigs of RAM, and Windows Home Premium already supports 16 Gigs, PLUS the upgrade to windows 7 in October will support 192 gigs of RAM,

who needs that much anyway?
Jingping View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jingping Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 6:48pm
Wow, Extreme 4 now comes with Frostbite and a 4.0ghz overclock!  Yowza!

Quote roguejestyr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2009 at 11:11am
what happened to the Labor Day specials?! i was about to order one this morning, and they're all gone >.<
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2009 at 11:36am
There back. The demand for them is insane. The counters that track orders were being overwhealmed.

Quote roguejestyr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2009 at 2:58pm
thanks Alex!

well, i finally pulled the trigger and bought the Enthusiast 1. can't wait to get it!
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2009 at 8:11pm
More new DS customers!  Cool !!

DS keeps making them better and cheaper!!
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
woodzip87 View Drop Down

Quote woodzip87 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 7:16pm
I just found out about this site through an add at tomshardware.com and I noticed the labor day sale. I used to love building computers but because of growing up and being more responsible (boo -_- ) I haven't been able to update my computer in a long time. I think the newest hardware in my computer (besides harddrives) is like 2.5-3 years old. The performance has definitely been going downhill and it's depressing not being able to play games at the qualities I used to.

With all that crap said. I am seriously buying a new computer from DS. I am no longer as hardcore a gamer as I used to be, but I still love to do it and with really good graphics settings when I do. Out of the Labor Day deals, is the Performance 2 going to get me a pretty good gaming computer, or is the Enthusiast 1 going to be necessary? I'm probably not going to have a job much longer as I'm going to get back into college soon. So, with that in mind, I really can't justify spending more than the Enthusiast 1 price although I'd really like to stay as low as the Performance 2 price.

Thanks! ^_^

***EDIT***
Well, I bit the bullet and got the Enthusiast 1 preconfig. Spending money always makes me hurt on the inside. Can't wait to get it in so I can get those significantly-lighter-wallet blues out of the way :D

Edited by woodzip87 - 08 Sep 2009 at 9:24pm
PsychDoc View Drop Down

Quote PsychDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 8:47pm
Updatre-FYI: I see in the mobo manual for the EVGA X58 SLI Micro that it "Officially Supports" 24 gigs of DDR3 1600 RAM.  Alex, is this true-and more important, accurate?

=== "who needs that much anyway? " =====

Well, I do.  I've only got 11 websites open and 3 apps but the (I know, it's probably inaccurate) Windows RAM gadget is at 25%.

I do game, but mostly I disable SLI and drive four 22" monitors running dozens of instances of every app in MS Office, proprietary software on various websites, stats software, music composition software, video creation/editing software and much more simultaneously. I am a neuropsychologist, and use technology to research, and create online course content.  I also compose and record multitracked background music as well as hobbiest music - although I used to be in pro audio.  So 12 gigs is not unusual, nor would be a third video card to either drive 2 more monitors or maybe one nice big 30" HD monitor? 

For a bit more money I could have had the power (a 750 watt Corsair PSU) and room for a 3rd video card, plus another 12 gigs of RAM (or another 8 gigs, 4 gigs whatever I find I need - I have zero gig upgradability & no more room for another video card w/out a new mobo at this point.  I didn't see the new Labor Day deals coming and well, I had waited long enough so made that "impulse" leap.  Now I kind of feel because although the system is wonderful for the price, upgradability will be expensive, and means sending the entire system back to DS (I do not trust myself to do DS quality work!) for a new mobo, & paying shipping. 

Maybe I saved enough $ to compensate for a new mobo and the lack of upgradability?  I will not be seeing a 3rd video card in the next couple of years.  And if you never drove RAM hard, well you are not seriously multi-tasking.  That's not a gaming issue, and I agree with you if that was your point.  But now you know who needs 12 gigs of RAM .  Poor researchers with a jones for technology, LOL!

Cheers,
Doc

Edited by PsychDoc - 09 Sep 2009 at 9:21am
 Post Reply Post Reply