new nvidia drivers

Post Date: 2011-06-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: new nvidia drivers
    Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 9:07pm
i had recently updated my 570's and after recent update games are having fps spikes, i wanna know if i should have a program tht i can delete old drivers, so i can just have the most recent installed. idk if old drivers can conflict w/ newer ones, but ne ways is their something i should be doin b4 i install a new driver i guess is my question. i DL the new driver from the nvidia site and after i installed i got a window messege tht the driver could of installed incorrectly, i just ignored it...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thnx again
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 9:58pm
you need to go to the add/remove program list and remove the nvidia display driver. Or a better solution would be download this

here (make sure its up to date, it should tell u if its not)

Check the nvidia-display and nvidia-physx. it will prompt you to restart the computer do then install new drivers. For convience i would download and have the drivers on your desktop bc when you restart its gonna be in a crazy low resolution and it will be hard to navigate.
 Post Reply Post Reply