FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Order New Velox

Post Date: 2021-04-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sakebiru View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sakebiru Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Order New Velox
    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:35pm
Hi all Im really happy to be in this community. I just placed my order.

System Configuration:

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Blanco White
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (8-Core) 4.7 GHz Turbo
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming (Wi-Fi) (AMD X570 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 850W Digital Storm Performance Series (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 3: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3080 10GB (Performance Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Add On Card: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Clear Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Black - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software

what do you guys think ?

will it run good for most games ?

Edited by sakebiru - 24 Apr 2021 at 9:01am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 12:39am
Welcome to DS. Awesome
That is a real nice system. The Velox is an exclusive DS proprietary case, very roomy. It has the window on the right hand side and mobo is installed upside down.

Only comments I have, you would do better if you change Storage Set1 to an NVMe drive like the Firecuda 520 or Samsung 980 PRO or EVO. Much faster than SATA which is what you have. (M.2 is a form factor, size); and
the hardline HydroluxPro looks super but is the one with more issues posted here due to shipping handling.

The cpu is not the most recommended for gaming but the AMD chips are MIA so...and there is a newer Intel chip out now which brings some improvements but lacking in others.

The configurator gurus will chime in and let us know of other comments and suggestions.

Enjoy.Smile

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:20am
As hoserator has pointed out, the choice at Storage Set 1 is a mistake. It is a SATA SSD, and is easily 5-10 times slower than an NVMe SSD.

You have not said what your want the RTX 3080 for. At these prices, overkill for your needs is awfully wasteful. If you are not looking for really high framerates at 4K screen resolution, you are wasting money there. A 3070 will give you great performance at 1440p (2K), and a 3060 Ti is a fantastic card for 1080p monitors and will game well at 1440p.

You have spent just over $1200 on that hardline cooling system which isn't necessary to keep a Velox well below anything near dangerous temperatures. You could take a fraction of that money and get a better motherboard and much better storage options. The hardline is almost completely for the looks, and is a PIA to maintain. If it ever springs a leak, it's a nightmare. As hoserator points out, that could be the first day due to rough handling in shipping. This is all my opinion, but to blow that much on something that could mess up a great gaming experience so completely isn't my idea of fun.

This is not my opinion, this is fact. The 10th generation Intel CPU platform is obsolete PCIe Generation 3 technology that will limit you to slower storage right now, and gimp every part you might want to add in the future. PCIe Generation 4 has been out for over a year, and offers 2x the bandwidth of Gen 3. AMD offers it now. Gen 4 Intel parts are out now, but have been delayed here at Digital Storm because of shortages. It's a good bet that by the time you get your system built and shipped, better Intel systems will be sold right here. Much faster in every respect, for not much more money. You owe it to yourself to inquire about that.

In the meantime, you might be interested in what an excellent AMD gaming system available now would look like that would beat the heck out of yours:

3876823     $4101 No custom cooling. To see it in the configurator, go to the main page, upper right > "Load Config". Copy/paste that number.

Remember, if you don't need high-end 4K gaming performance, you will save another $400 or more depending on what card you really need.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but real is real and facts are facts. I'd like to save you the pain of a $5000 regret. If you just want to be patient, a much better Intel build is right around the corner. Otherwise, that AMD build will be just as good for several years.
sakebiru View Drop Down

Quote sakebiru Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:32am
Originally posted by hoserator

Welcome to DS. Awesome
That is a real nice system. The Velox is an exclusive DS proprietary case, very roomy. It has the window on the right hand side and mobo is installed upside down.
Only comments I have, you would do better if you change Storage Set1 to an NVMe drive like the Firecuda 520 or Samsung 980 PRO or EVO. Much faster than SATA which is what you have. (M.2 is a form factor, size); and
the hardline HydroluxPro looks super but is the one with more issues posted here due to shipping handling.
The cpu is not the most recommended for gaming but the AMD chips are MIA so...and there is a newer Intel chip out now which brings some improvements but lacking in others.
The configurator gurus will chime in and let us know of other comments and suggestions.
Enjoy.Smile

Thank you so much, I will contact DS to switch the storage up !!! I didnt know... and with the PC I am planning on pick it up myself !!!
sakebiru View Drop Down

Quote sakebiru Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Cretae

As hoserator has pointed out, the choice at Storage Set 1 is a mistake. It is a SATA SSD, and is easily 5-10 times slower than an NVMe SSD.

You have not said what your want the RTX 3080 for. At these prices, overkill for your needs is awfully wasteful. If you are not looking for really high framerates at 4K screen resolution, you are wasting money there. A 3070 will give you great performance at 1440p (2K), and a 3060 Ti is a fantastic card for 1080p monitors and will game well at 1440p.

You have spent just over $1200 on that hardline cooling system which isn't necessary to keep a Velox well below anything near dangerous temperatures. You could take a fraction of that money and get a better motherboard and much better storage options. The hardline is almost completely for the looks, and is a PIA to maintain. If it ever springs a leak, it's a nightmare. As hoserator points out, that could be the first day due to rough handling in shipping. This is all my opinion, but to blow that much on something that could mess up a great gaming experience so completely isn't my idea of fun.

This is not my opinion, this is fact. The 10th generation Intel CPU platform is obsolete PCIe Generation 3 technology that will limit you to slower storage right now, and gimp every part you might want to add in the future. PCIe Generation 4 has been out for over a year, and offers 2x the bandwidth of Gen 3. AMD offers it now. Gen 4 Intel parts are out now, but have been delayed here at Digital Storm because of shortages. It's a good bet that by the time you get your system built and shipped, better Intel systems will be sold right here. Much faster in every respect, for not much more money. You owe it to yourself to inquire about that.

In the meantime, you might be interested in what an excellent AMD gaming system available now would look like that would beat the heck out of yours:

3876823     $4101 No custom cooling. To see it in the configurator, go to the main page, upper right > "Load Config". Copy/paste that number.

Remember, if you don't need high-end 4K gaming performance, you will save another $400 or more depending on what card you really need.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but real is real and facts are facts. I'd like to save you the pain of a $5000 regret. If you just want to be patient, a much better Intel build is right around the corner. Otherwise, that AMD build will be just as good for several years.

Thank you sooo much for taking your time pointing the facts out !! I needed that since I dont know much haha. I just want a gaming pc also hardline thing is really cool haha.

I am planning on drive up there to pick up my PC to ensure the safety.
thank you so much !
sakebiru View Drop Down

Quote sakebiru Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:36am

Oh also I m switching to AMD 5800x as you suggested!! but for motherboard I got 570-E !
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 3:32am
If you can't wait for the new Intel, I have to say you've made the right choice. I've been here long enough to know the disappointment when things change and someone with a brand new rig ends up with old tech. I would be very sad about that myself.

I've done plenty of research and read plenty of reviews, and the AMD line is very highly rated. The 5800X is a very capable gaming proc; will last for years. Now you can get a Firecuda to run at full speed. It's amazing, you'll see. 10 x faster than SATA, about 30% faster than a Samsung PCIe 3 970 EVO NVMe. I hear those rigs boot in under 10 seconds.

All the best with your custom cooling. It's okay with me if you want what you want. As long as it doesn't leak on you it'll be fine. Sometimes all you have to do is add coolant a few times for several years before you have to break it down and flush. Be sure you order a couple of bottles of the exact coolant they install. You cannot mix different kinds.

Glad I could help.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 3:37am

Smile
Make sure you tell them about the pick up. Best way to get it. Good luck.

BTW, we do like images. Excited

sakebiru View Drop Down

Quote sakebiru Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 8:58am

If you can't wait for the new Intel, I have to say you've made the right choice. I've been here long enough to know the disappointment when things change and someone with a brand new rig ends up with old tech. I would be very sad about that myself.

I've done plenty of research and read plenty of reviews, and the AMD line is very highly rated. The 5800X is a very capable gaming proc; will last for years. Now you can get a Firecuda to run at full speed. It's amazing, you'll see. 10 x faster than SATA, about 30% faster than a Samsung PCIe 3 970 EVO NVMe. I hear those rigs boot in under 10 seconds.

All the best with your custom cooling. It's okay with me if you want what you want. As long as it doesn't leak on you it'll be fine. Sometimes all you have to do is add coolant a few times for several years before you have to break it down and flush. Be sure you order a couple of bottles of the exact coolant they install. You cannot mix different kinds.

Glad I could help.

I cant thank you enough. Im glad I come up here to ask for some thoughts !! and thanks again for few more tips !! and i will post pictures !!
sakebiru View Drop Down

Quote sakebiru Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:00am
Originally posted by hoserator

Smile
Make sure you tell them about the pick up. Best way to get it. Good luck.
BTW, we do like images. Excited

Yes I already did. They didnt charged me shipping.

Yes I will post pictures !! Thank you very much as well !! wont be able to do it without you guys' help....
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 3:51am
Thank you for listening! You won't regret it.
sakebiru View Drop Down

Quote sakebiru Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 11:07am

Thank you for listening! You won't regret it.

Thank you for for helping me out !! Also do you happen do know how to check if the hardline is tighten ? I did some research some of them leaks... because it’s kinda lose..? So my plan is to put some paper in there and let it sit like maybe 1-2 days ? Then see if any leaks then turn on ... what do you think of this plan ? Haha thanks again . \(^o^)/
 Post Reply Post Reply