New PC build

Post Date: 2021-02-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
corybo7 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote corybo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New PC build
    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 10:06pm
Budget:

Expectations:
Game on a 55" 4k Samsung TV. Not always in 4k.1080 is fine for me. I want the ability to play at max settings whenever I feel like it.

Usage:
Gaming

Special Needs:
Don't want to worry about upgrading for a while

Saved Ticket #: 3794324

Please look over and let me know if I should make any changes. Budget is 3500 but I don't necessarily have to spend that to be happy. This will be second DS Machine. The first was purchased in 2011 and has been upgraded to stay functional but I'm ready for all new.

I game using a TV with 4k capability but tend to play at 1080 but enjoy 4k for certain games.
"Kindness is the Oil that keeps Friction out of Life" -myself
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 3:52am
Intel is pushing an obsolete platform until their new Rocket Lake CPUs come at the end of this month. AMD has been all PCIe Generation 4 for over a year.

The DS "Performance Series" M.2 SSD is anything but. It is the slowest SSD here. An NVMe PCIe gen 4 Firecuda is up to 10 times faster. I do recommend small a 500GB for your primary drive for ease of maintenance and fastest scan times.

The "Internal Lighting" comes free.

Your rig will do what you want, but it's obsolete and slow out of the box.

Best mix of parts at your budget looks like this:

3794530     $3840.

Better in every way. If you wish you be closer to your number, Get a 3800X, drop down to the cheaper motherboards, and/or be happy with 16 GB of RAM. More RAM is an easy and cheap upgrade if ever you need it.

Alternatively, wait a few weeks and see what the Intel builds look like. Word is they will top out at 8 cores, but be very fast. And all PCIe Gen 4 at last.
 Post Reply Post Reply