FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New pc gaming/ work from home

Post Date: 2020-03-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
earthseeker View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote earthseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New pc gaming/ work from home
    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm
Budget:
3k-4k

Expectations:
to last 7 years with future upgrades. with three monitors
Usage:
gaming "world of warcraft, modern warfare a few to name as well as a work station from when i have to work from home.
Special Needs:
need it to be quiet if possible also need to adjust this build leave no room for monitors. not the greatest at building a pc guess i have to read more on parts.

Saved Ticket #: [Please Type Here]

Specifications:Item 1 --- Digital Storm Velox (Config # 2927608)
$4,226.00
$4,226.00
Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 850W Corsair / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage / Connectivity
Expansion Bay: External USB Digital Media Card Reader
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
HDD Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
Sound Card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Accessories / Goodies
Display: MSI 27 inch MAG27C Curved Series (144Hz Refresh) (1ms Response) (1920x1080)
Surge Shield: APC 1500VA Uninterrupted Power & Surge Conditioner - BX1500M - (NOTE: Ships VIA Ground ONLY)
Speakers: Logitech 2 Piece (Black Edition) Amplified Speaker Set

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 5 Year Limited Warranty (5 Year Labor & 3 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by earthseeker - 26 Mar 2020 at 3:41pm
Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:49pm
For the kind of money you are investing, I think you are cutting yourself way short on the graphics card. I would consider at least an RTX 2070 Super for that system.

Also, for the sake of quiet, consider the Corsair ML series magnetic levitation fans.

Others will probably also suggest the Samsung M.2 NVMe drives for better speed and warranty.

Edited by Bob100 - 26 Mar 2020 at 7:21pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:34am
You haven't defined the kinds of work you need from this rig. For routine office work, (word processing, working with spreadsheets, a data base or two, internet functioning), you have more power than you need. For a part-time gamer evenly split with office work you have put together a pretty high-end gaming rig except for the GPU and primary storage as Bob100 noted.

A "do everything well" build with plenty of power for any heavy lifting you need done, that will also game plenty well-enough across the board, with a practical GPU choice for 1080p monitors, would look something like this:

Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 2928327

Comes in at $2749 with discount included, and doesn't short you compared with your build IMHO. The primary drive is an NVMe for up to 5x the speed of the M.2 SATA you had.

The choice of CPU is better suited to double duty for work and play without leaving much gaming performance behind. The Ryzen 3900X is a mere 5% behind the Intel for gaming, and way ahead for everything else with 4 more cores and 8 more threads to compute with.

The mobo is nothing fancy, but will be all you need. You could upgrade here, but don't need to.

The GPU is a budget choice for solid performance at 1080p and 60 fps. It will run 3 monitors. You can go wild here if you want, but don't buy more than you need!

A sound card is obsolete these days given the quality of onboard audio.

You can always upgrade later, but this build is an all-around, very strong out of the box, work from home, butt-kicker IMO.

Oops, looks like I overlooked the WIN Pro, so add $45.

Quote earthseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:23pm
Thank you for the response Bob and Cretae..Work does not take up much of anything mainly software program, excel word. mainly for gaming. as far as the monitors goes would like one nice one the other two can be ok . was looking at the predator monitor wanted to know your opinion on them ? have to wait for may forLG 27GN950-B 27 Inch UltraGear™ 4K Nano IPS 1ms G-SYNC® Compatible Gaming Monitor

Edited by earthseeker - 27 Mar 2020 at 6:23pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:49am
For gaming, you build your system around the monitor. If you really think you want to go 4K, it's going to cost you. IMO, and this is me now, 4K gaming is not worth the money. Unless you're going to be using a 40" monitor/tv you will not be able to fully appreciate what 4k can do. Cramming all those pixels into a 27" monitor don't give you much more fidelity than 1440p (2K) at that size. But what it does, is require you to spend top dollar for enough GPU power to drive them. We're talking the RTX 2080 Ti at over $1400.

Many, many folks here prefer 2K gaming at higher refresh rates over pixel count. That can be had very nicely with an RTX 2070 SUPER that doesn't kill the budget. With that card on a 27" Predator XB271HU, you will see frames per second from the nineties on up. With a 2080 Ti on a 4k monitor, you will rarely if ever see that fps on higher settings. If that's not a problem, go 4K.

I think the Predators are excellent. Their prime competitor, the ASUS PB278Q is also highly regarded.

Here's a sample Intel build with an emphasis on gaming. I'm trying to leave room for the monitors in the budget, but get to $3k for the extra discount. See what you think.

Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 2929502

Hope it helps.

Quote earthseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:22pm
thanks for the feed back wasnt paying attention to the 4k in the spec. love lg monitors , after reviewing the predator monitor saw aot of issue with it. thanks will go with this build thank you
Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:30pm
Just to supplement the excellent advice from Cretae, I have a 34" Alienware 1440p monitor (up to 120Hz refresh rate) that I run with my RTX 2070 Super. Beautiful picture, I run Digital Combat Simulator (flight sim) at max settings with no stutters.

Yep, the 4K hardware can really get into your wallet. I am perfectly happy with 1440p on a 34" curved screen,

Quote earthseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:43pm
mind giving me the spec model to look at it
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 4:56am
An LG to look at with the right specs that will game well and not break the bank might be the LG UltraGear 27GL850-B 27" 16:9 144 Hz HDR FreeSync IPS Gaming Monitor. It's also G-Synch (Nvidia tech) compatible. LG also makes a 32" and a 34" 1440p.

Quote earthseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:30am
thinking of the 32 now since i measure the space out. thank you for the feed back

Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:40am
If you are asking for my 1440p monitor model, it is: Alienware/Dell AW3418DW.

Edited by Bob100 - 29 Mar 2020 at 9:44am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:10am
Originally posted by earthseeker

thinking of the 32 now since i measure the space out. thank you for the feed back

Our pleasure. Hope we helped you.

Quote earthseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:24am
sorry yes thank you with this Covard-19 thing going around think i went to pull the trigger. until i know there an end goal with this thing.also i heard of new stuff coming out is it worth the wait?

Edited by earthseeker - 05 Apr 2020 at 9:30am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 2:10am
Nvidia was due out with a new line of GPUs in the first half of the year. With the virus affecting things worldwide, it's reported they are planning August.
 Post Reply Post Reply