New PC Impression

Post Date: 2007-09-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New PC Impression
    Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 1:58am
My system arrived last Thursday but i didn't have time to test it out yet until this weekend. Here's what i found:
  There's some very minor damage to the box but no puncture. Excellent packing job from DS since they have to ship my system halfway across the country. The PC itself is a thing of beauty Big%20smile . To make sure everything work, i opened the case and recheck all the connections and everything seemed to be in place. It boot right away on the first try Thumbs%20Up. All critical Vista updates has been applied and there's no bloatware to be found. The curious thing is that DS didn't update all the drivers to the latest version. I found the latest N-force drivers in a folder on the C drive but DS didn't run it. Well, i had to updated the Raid,Sata,NIC and video card drivers to the latest version. Didn't check on the X-Fi sound card driver yet since the driver update could cause some problems. I will have to check it out later. I let my system run for a couple hrs straight doing all kinds of video,graphics and dvd decoding and WOW it performed like a champ. The best thing is when i put my hand on the back fan the air is barely warm !!
  Next I check all the usb ports and they actually work. Run CPU-Z and Sandra and both reported that my PC is running at 3.15 GHZ---Real Nice.  The only thing is that i wish DS throw in a dvd player software too Big%20smile WMP 11 sucks. Have to tests some more but so far it's ROCK STABLE Clap
  Here are the pics

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 2:29am

Awesome! Reason why we left that latest driver folder there was due to compatibility issues we experienced with the machine during testing at our facility. Sometimes the older drivers (WHQL) certified aren't as problematic as new drivers.

If you experience any issues with the system, try doing a system restore before you did the driver updates.

Other than that, welcome to the family!
Kenny View Drop Down

Digital Storm Engineering

Quote Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 2:37am
We're here with you !    &(*_~)&
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 4:12am
Originally posted by Alex

Awesome! Reason why we left that latest driver folder there was due to compatibility issues we experienced with the machine during testing at our facility. Sometimes the older drivers (WHQL) certified aren't as problematic as new drivers.

If you experience any issues with the system, try doing a system restore before you did the driver updates.

The only issue i had with the new driver is when i install the latest Raid/SATA driver. It took me over an hour to figured out the right way to do it but all's fine now. There are 2 DS disc : Restore kit and Image Disk. What's the difference between the 2 ???

thecomplex View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote thecomplex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 8:38am
Congrats! What are the specs?

Chris
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.52GHz
4GB DDR2 Corsair 1066MHz Dominator
(2) 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)
(1) 120GB Maxtor (7200RPM)
nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
Vista Home Premium 64
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 10:30am
Restore Kit: A bootable DVD disc that loads the Digital Storm Restoration software. Once it loads up, it will ask you for the image disc.

Image Disc: Contains your custom image before it left the facility.

Hope that clears it up!

Originally posted by commast

Originally posted by Alex

The only issue i had with the new driver is when i install the latest Raid/SATA driver. It took me over an hour to figured out the right way to do it but all's fine now. There are 2 DS disc : Restore kit and Image Disk. What's the difference between the 2 ???

commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by thecomplex

Congrats! What are the specs?

Chris

Thanks Chris
Here's my spec:

QC6600 OC to 3.15 Ghz on Stage 3
2 GB 1066 Corsair RAM
2x 250 GB WD HDD in Raid 0 array
Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB Ram
Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Floppy
DVD_Rom optical
DVD+/RW optical
Vista Home Premium 32bit
Minion View Drop Down

Quote Minion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 9:41pm
Great looking machine!!
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Minion

Great looking machine!!

Thanks Minion. I just wish that DS offers the silver version of this case though. The black case attract too much dust and it's hard to clean out the fingerprint too.

EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by commast

Originally posted by Minion

Great looking machine!!

Thanks Minion. I just wish that DS offers the silver version of this case though. The black case attract too much dust and it's hard to clean out the fingerprint too.

Use Monster Screen Cleaner with a microfiber cloth to clean it of fingerprints.  Get it at Best Buy.  Same product you'd use to clean LCD and Plasmas screens.  Great product!
 Post Reply Post Reply