FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New PC need help

Post Date: 2011-07-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CharmingLiar View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CharmingLiar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New PC need help
    Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 5:17pm
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place but i posted in general and a guy said i should try over here to get a better response and i couldn't figure out how to move the first one. I just got my ODE level 2 from DS and it's my first pc in a long time after only having a macbook pro for the last years. but I'm having a problem that I can't seem to fix even though it should be simple and I think it has to do with just my lack of experience with windows 7. I'm hoping one of you knows a quick fix to help. Basically this:

I had been logging in fine from first startup but I decided I should establish a password on my acount for security. I went into account settings in control panel and saw that i already had an account set up with my name as administrator (presumably by DS themselves)so I added a password no problem. But now when I startup I get to the welcome screen and it just says something like "access to your account has been denied. please check with system administrator." and i have to click "ok". it then has two login choices; "administrator" and "other user" and if i click admin and put my password in it says it is not valid. I have to click on other user, put in my name and password and it will log in fine. Super annoying and hopefully someone knows what it's doing. Thanks!   
 Post Reply Post Reply