[Able to run most games at 200 FPS at 2k]

Usage:
[Gaming]

Special Needs:
[Cooling for Graphics Card, preferably with RGB light]

Saved Ticket #: [3177089 Something along those lines]

Specifications:
[Preferably RTX 2080 Super AMD Ryzen or Intel 10th gen 32 gb ram]

I do not have much experience with high end computers, so I would like to know a profesional's meaning, what they would recommend.

I would also like to ask the risks of international shipping to Denmark, because I've heard of cooling systems getting shaken loose, and water leaking everywhere.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 4:47am
There are no professionals here. We are users, customers that maybe can help with some choices. You are free and advised to call/e-mail Digital Storm Sales for their advice. Some of us do, however, have some solid advice to give as to what may work best for what purpose, without wanting to sell anything.

In your case, for example, the best gaming processors come from Intel. While AMD has definitely made a major competitive come back recently, gaming benefits from speed, and the fastest CPUs are the 10th generation Intels.

Gaming also has little need of a ton of cores. Game design has to remain pretty basic so developers can sell the most units. Every game will play on a 4 core proc, and many will still play on a dual-core. The reason many games have a 4-core requirement is much more the base speed of the proc than the # of cores. Threadrippers are made for extreme workloads, and not good for gaming: way overpriced, over-powered, and slow.

The Ryzens are more multi-purpose, but considerably slower than Intels. At Your budget, the i9-10900K is the CPU you want.

I recommend you get 32GB of the Vengeance RAM. You might like the colors, I'm sure you'll prefer the lifetime warranty. You will never need more for gaming.

I cannot recommend you have a custom cooling set-up shipped overseas for exactly the reasons you mention. It's almost guaranteed to have some rough handling along the way, and the custom cooling will not survive. It's not necessary, the dual fan all-in-one sealed system will cool your CPU just fine. IMO, it's mostly just for the look. If you must have it, I'm sure someone in Denmark can do it for you there.

It's very likely more than you will ever need, but I'm going to recommend the 1200W PSU. The 850W would probably be fine, but you may need a bit more power in the future, so you might as well get it now. The DS branded 1000W, while a perfectly fine part, only comes with a 1 year warranty unless you upgrade for longer. Extending your warranty might not be such a good idea being a continent away. Whichever one of the power supplies you get will have more than a one year warranty, and you can deal directly with the company for a replacement should you ever have to.

There is plenty of room in your budget for a top-line storage solution. I'd recommend a 512GB Samsung PRO NVMe SSD for your primary drive. An NVMe is up to 5 times faster than a standard SSD, like the DS one. Keep it lean and mean with your OS, apps you use all the time, your browser and maintenance software, and you will be able to scan it in seconds whenever you need to do that. For your games library and everything else, there's a lot of room in 2TB of SSD

A system like I describe here comes in around $4600 (with discount) with some custom lighting and the fans you like plus the GPU. It's safe to overclock the CPU if you want, but it's plenty fast as it is, and will automatically boost up to 5.3GHz whenever it needs to. I do not recommend you overclock the GPU on air, but you can do that if you're going to have a custom loop installed in Denmark.

Here's what that system might look like. Add, subtract, play around.... This system will game like crazy for years:

Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 3178683

To see it, go to the main page. In the right corner, click "Load Config" and paste the number opnly in the window.

Hope it helps.
Noah Haurits View Drop Down

Quote Noah Haurits Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 6:22am
Yes I understand what you are saying, but I also want my pc to be future proof and upgradeable, and Intel has a bad tendency to often change what type of socket their cores use.

I understand the part with harddrives, I've had one fail myself, which was pretty bad luck. So I will probably switch over to some NVMe.

I also know that digital storm often adds a bit extra to the price, which is why I will upgrade things such as ram and storage myself probably.

edit: While we're at it, I would like to ask about if anyone has any info on some new amd cores with a turbo at arround 5.

Edited by Noah Haurits - 13 Jun 2020 at 8:01am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 3:51am
What I'm saying is that with the top, tenth generation Intel CPU, you will have no need to upgrade the CPU for gaming for at least 8-10 years. If at that point you think it would be a great idea to plug into an 8-10 year old motherboard, I wish you all the best.

Quote Noah Haurits Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 3:00am
Oh, new parts just came out, that offer er much more competetive offer for gaming. Intel i9-10900k.

Have been thinking about what to change to, need advice, on if i should go with something like a Ryzen 9 or if i should use the i9.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Cretae

There are no professionals here. We are users, customers that maybe can help with some choices. You are free and advised to call/e-mail Digital Storm Sales for their advice. Some of us do, however, have some solid advice to give as to what may work best for what purpose, without wanting to sell anything.

In your case, for example, the best gaming processors come from Intel. While AMD has definitely made a major competitive come back recently, gaming benefits from speed, and the fastest CPUs are the 10th generation Intels.

Gaming also has little need of a ton of cores. Game design has to remain pretty basic so developers can sell the most units. Every game will play on a 4 core proc, and many will still play on a dual-core. The reason many games have a 4-core requirement is much more the base speed of the proc than the # of cores. Threadrippers are made for extreme workloads, and not good for gaming: way overpriced, over-powered, and slow.

The Ryzens are more multi-purpose, but considerably slower than Intels. At Your budget, the i9-10900K is the CPU you want.

These facts have not changed. The fastest GAMING CPU is the 10900K. Newer AMD XT models coming out will have higher stock clock speeds, but the SAME boost clock they have now. They will not challenge Intel for speed. The next generation of AMD CPUs for desktops is not expected until the end of the year.

Quote Noah Haurits Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 4:30am
Hmm, ok, thank you for the response.
SnowandSand View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SnowandSand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 8:16am
Unfortunately DS's prices do not reflect the retail price difference between AMD and Intel. Right now you can easily find the r9 3900x for $399 which is very hard to beat for price/performance. For pure gaming the 10900 is still top but not by much especially as you go up in resolution and the FPS relies more heavily on your GPU. As far as how often sockets are changed on the MB I would expect an X570/B550 board would last for a bit, but it is hard to say.

When it comes to which SSD to get, it has been shown on YouTube a few times that a reg sata SSD is just fine for gaming and one is hard pressed to know the difference in gaming between Sata, PCIE 3.0, and PCIE 4.0. Personally I have a 1TB of each drive in my rig lol but I know it is complete overkill for gaming. I would reccomend a M.2 Nvme SSD for you os and a few games but these are also as Create said easy to get and install on your own.
Hailstorm II(Retired)
R7 2700x
16GB Team Dark Pro @ 3200 CL14
Asus x470 CH VII Hero
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W PSU
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1TB & 6TB WD - Black Edition
2x GTX 980TI Strix
Hydrolux Stage 3
 Post Reply Post Reply