FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New rig need opinions and answers

Post Date: 2018-11-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rdude457 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rdude457 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New rig need opinions and answers
    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 6:25am
I bought this rig for heavy gaming, streaming, and editing rendering primarily with after effects and cinerna 4d.

What do you guys think?

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Aventum 3
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000 (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (10TB Western Digital - Gold Datacenter Edition)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI NVLink Dual (GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Green Flexible Tubing + Clear Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Green - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System (Requires Thermal Management Control Board & Software)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

This is my first liquid cooled system so I’m pretty nervous about leaks and stuff. I am also wondering how long until I have to replace the liquid? I also emailed them and asked them to remove the over clock on cpu and gpu because after research I decided I do not want to put too much strain on them to be safer in the long run. I will be gaming on a 1080p monitor at 240hz and I know this pc is overkill for only 1080p but I primarily play competitive games so I worry more about the frames than the resolution.

So what do you guys think? I hope the changes I requested via email are able to be made even after I purchased the system and my orde is currently on stage 1.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 7:14am
Hi Rdude457,
The only thing I can add to that awesome rig is to change the Storage Set 1 to the 512 GB Samsung 970 Pro. The difference is substantial in load speeds.  Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 25 Nov 2018 at 7:14am
Rdude457 View Drop Down

Quote Rdude457 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 7:24am
Originally posted by hoserator

Hi Rdude457,
The only thing I can add to that awesome rig is to change the Storage Set 1 to the 512 GB Samsung 970 Pro. The difference is substantial in load speeds.  Big%20Smile

Okay, thank you. I sent them the 4th email in the past 2 hours of changes i want made because i keep finding something different i want some lol. I hope they are able to make the changes since my order is only in stage 1 and i hope they aren’t annoyed by al my emails haha
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 7:28am
Nice build, but since you asked  Hahaha, that is serious overkill.   Sli 2080Ti is too much with the second card never being used.   A single card would also drop you to a single card under Hydrolux water.  Saves money and lots less to go wrong. 

Going to be an awesome looking rig. Big%20Smile
Rdude457 View Drop Down

Quote Rdude457 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 7:33am
Originally posted by bprat22

Nice build, but since you asked 

Hahaha, that is serious overkill.   Sli 2080Ti is too much with the second card never being used.   A single card would also drop you to a single card under Hydrolux water.  Saves money and lots less to go wrong. 
Going to be an awesome looking rig. Big%20Smile

Haha yeah i agree it is overkill but i just wanted it to be a system that will age well and last me awhile and not have to worry about fps no matter what game i decide to play or stream. Also what exactly do you mean with less that could go wrong?

Edited by Rdude457 - 25 Nov 2018 at 7:34am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 7:39am
One less video card that can misbehave, less water tubing and connectors to leak, etc.  

Don't get me wrong, chances are your rig will be problem free, but after many decades in field service, I always look at what might break, especially if its not needed.  .  It's a terrible way to live Hahaha but it is what it is.
Big%20Smile
Rdude457 View Drop Down

Quote Rdude457 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 7:46am
Originally posted by bprat22

One less video card that can misbehave, less water tubing and connectors to leak, etc.  
Don't get me wrong, chances are your rig will be problem free, but after many decades in field service, I always look at what might break, especially if its not needed.  .  It's a terrible way to live Hahaha but it is what it is.
Big%20Smile

Oh yeah i see what you mean, this is my first liquid cooled system
so i’m pretty paranoid of something like that happening
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:44am
One thing to consider is what the future top single card will be capable of by the time the 2080 Ti starts to think about choking on a game. Just wondering.
Rdude457 View Drop Down

Quote Rdude457 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Cretae

One thing to consider is what the future top single card will be capable of by the time the 2080 Ti starts to think about choking on a game. Just wondering.

My 980 ti’s sli have lasted me 4 strong years with me being able to run every game today on high settings with smooth fps so i’m not too worried about upgrading to the best newest card when it does come out because I know these will last me awhile like my 980’s did
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 7:33am
Except today, a SINGLE 1080 Ti is more powerful than sli 980's. SLI was useful two generations ago when 1GB of memory was the norm, and you needed a pair to drive poorly optimized games on a big screen. But it was rarely implemented well, scaled poorly, and the majority of games didn't even use it. That's more the case today. Who's programming for SLI (NVLink) when you have 11 GB of DDR6 and over 18 BILLION transistors on a single card? The result is "Sli 2080Ti is too much with the second card never being used." As bprat22 put it.

My point is kinda why burn $1703 when in two years or so the single card then will actually give you better optimization and performance than NVLink? Just an opinion, it's what we do here.
Rdude457 View Drop Down

Quote Rdude457 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Cretae

Except today, a SINGLE 1080 Ti is more powerful than sli 980's. SLI was useful two generations ago when 1GB of memory was the norm, and you needed a pair to drive poorly optimized games on a big screen. But it was rarely implemented well, scaled poorly, and the majority of games didn't even use it. That's more the case today. Who's programming for SLI (NVLink) when you have 11 GB of DDR6 and over 18 BILLION transistors on a single card? The result is "Sli 2080Ti is too much with the second card never being used." As bprat22 put it.

My point is kinda why burn $1703 when in two years or so the single card then will actually give you better optimization and performance than NVLink? Just an opinion, it's what we do here.

This rig will also be heavily used for video editing with maya, c4d and after effects not only gaming, my 980 ti’s sli were very helpful in that field
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 10:47am
Ahh, purpose-built! Good on ya.

I wish you all the best with your liquid cooling. Unfortunately, about all we get to see here are the problems, but they are few enough that there must be thousands who are mightily satisfied. Would that you will be in their number! The flex tubing is rarely complained of, so that's a good start.
 Post Reply Post Reply