FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to Gaming Computer World. Need advice. Please

Post Date: 2019-12-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mazkerade View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mazkerade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New to Gaming Computer World. Need advice. Please
    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 11:42am
Hello everyone.

I'm currently looking for a gaming computer. However, I do not have a lot of knowledge in specs and builds since I have always played games on my consoles.

I currently have a basic All-in-One HP desktop. but as you might now this is not able to run any games not even in the lowest setting.

I don't play a lot of FPS games. Mostly RPGs or MMORPGs. Lately, I have been wanting to play Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo a lot.

Long story short. Could someone be able to guide through a computer build that is not for ultimate gaming, but still gives good quality and performance for games? The budget is about ~2k$.

Since I don't know much, I'm unsure of what other information is important.

Sorry for my English.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 12:57pm
Welcome to the forum Mazkerade! I can lend a hand.

Lynx Build1.   Config # 2796129. $2432 - DS Sale $200 off = $2132 total and free shipping

This RTX 2070 Super build uses all top quality Overclocked Intel i7-9700K CPU, ASUS Z390 Strix motherboard, and high quality Corsair AIO no maintenance cooler, Corsair 850W PSU and Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM.   The Corsair parts carry longer warranties than DS parts.    The RTX 2070 Super GPU will play games at max settings on a 1080P monitor, or high settings on a 2K/1440P monitor.

Lynx Build2. Config # 2796144. $2185 - DS Sale $200 off = $1985
Total and free shipping

This build still uses the i7-9700K Overclocked CPU and the RTX 2070 Super, but it gets under your budget by dropping to an entry level ASUS Z390 Prime motherboard, and using a DS AIO cooler, DS RAM, and drops back to the slower DS SATA SSD for Drive1. The DS parts will carry only the 1 yr system Parts warranty. Would game just as well.

See what you think....
 Post Reply Post Reply