FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to this...

Post Date: 2023-08-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Grouchyeye View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Grouchyeye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New to this...
    Posted: 05 Aug 2023 at 7:51am
Budget:
$2500

Expectations:
I have been looking for a Gaming PC for awhile. I know next to nothing. After some digging I came up with the configuration below. This would be used with a home theater system daily for multiple hours a day. It will also be used for heavy Gaming especially on the weekends. Is this over kill? Any suggested changes?

The home theater system is 7.1 with dolby atmos. 65" tv.

Usage:
Gaming & home theater system

Specifications:
Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 4736069 - SKU 4030397     

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X (8-Core) 5.4 GHz Turbo (Codename Raphael)
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B650M-A AX (Wi-Fi) (AMD B650) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) (DDR5)
System Memory: 32GB DDR5 5200MHz Kingston FURY Beast
Power Supply: 750W Digital Storm Performance Series (80 Plus Gold)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: - No Thanks
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3060 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 (Hi-Res) (Ultimate Audio Playback)
Add On Card: Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K (6G-SDI) (2160p30) (HDR)
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Software Control: - No Thanks
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
CPU Boost: Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Technology
OS Boost: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home (64-Bit)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows)
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2023 at 12:31pm
Congratulations! Welcome to DS!

Now, in order to get the famous "Verified Customer" badge you only need to make certain that your ordering email and your forums email match exactly (yes, they are case sensitive like a password).

Keep us apprised of your progress and in case no one has told you.. we love to see pics when these machines finally get home!

It's gonna be great.
JamesAstro View Drop Down

Quote JamesAstro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2023 at 10:02pm
A few questions:

• What resolution monitor or TV will this be attached to? Will it be 4K? Knowing that will help the rest of us give you some good recommendations.

• I would consider upgrading the storage to a 1TB Samsung 980 Pro. It'll only cost an additional $83, and give you 3 times the speed.

• I'm curious why you're getting the Sound Blaster card. The built-in audio in modern computers is already quiet good. Do you have some unique audio needs?

• I'm also curious about the Blackmagic DeckLink card. I don't really know what that does, and I'm wondering why you need it. Can you tell us more about that card?

• Personally I would skip the OS Boost. I doubt you'll see any benefit from it.

I would give you more advice about the other components, but there are others here who are more experienced in recommending the best CPU, GPU, and motherboard.

I look forward to seeing what you finally order.

Cheers!
Velox, Intel Core i9 11900K, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero
32GB RAM, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME
RTX 4090, 38" Ultrawide LG-38GL950G
Noctua NH-D15S cooler and NF-A14 fans, Corsair AX1600i PSU
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 1:05pm
I'm assuming he wants the better sound output for his home system, and the mini-monitor 4k is to hook directly into his TV. If I'm wrong, somebody tell me.

Here's a better system all around for only $141 more. especially the gaming part.

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=4736805

The 13600KF is the best gaming chip here for the money. The motherboard is of significantly better specs and quality.

The storage is the least expensive, most practical way to go. For your primary drive, you'll have the lightning speed JamesAstro speaks of in a compact package that is plenty for it's purpose. Plus the less expensive 1TB you wanted for you games library.

The GPU is at the "same tier", but an entire generation advanced for an overall 20% better performance and upgrades to all the special enhancements Nvidia builds in.

The dual fan liquid all-in-one, is my best budget choice for above-average cooling on that processor.

The Multimedia cards are still in the build.

The OS "Boost" is totally unnecessary.

If you were to change a thing on this build, get a 850W power supply so you would be sure you could upgrade video to the max (or nearly so) in the future. And buy the Noctua NH-D15 air cooler for your CPU. If it ever fails, you order a new fan for it. If the liqiuid cooler fails, you replace the whole thing. I have one, and it's still going strong after 5 1/2 years of continual use, but it will tank someday. Just sayin'.   

Edited by Cretae - 06 Aug 2023 at 1:05pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2023 at 3:46pm
Welcome to DS.

You will be given good suggestions by the configurator gurus so enjoy.

Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply