Post Date: 2021-08-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LukeS View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LukeS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: No signal on my monitor
    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 5:39pm

I just got a pc and i have set it up. however when i plug in the monitor, it just says no signal. I have switched the hdmi slots, and the monitor works (i tested it). I have also tried to reset the BIOS, but nothing came up when i pressed the buttons. please help
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 2:09am
Hi, sorry it is not working.

If your pc has a dedicated graphics card (gpu) make sure you have the monitor connected to the gpu and not the motherboard. If it is still not getting a signal, you can remove the gpu and connect the monitor to the motherboard and if you get a signal, then you narrowed the issue to a bad gpu and you will have to call DS. If you still don't get a signal from the mobo and you are certain that the cable and monitor work, then you will also have to contact DS for an in depth analysis.

(Note: you must remove the gpu because the mobo detects it when it is installed and cancels the signal to its own video output.)

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Edited by hoserator - 23 Aug 2021 at 2:12am
ecophagyclass View Drop Down

Quote ecophagyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 2:55am
A lot can be causing this. Faulty cable, faulty gpu, faulty motherboard. You should diagnose everything to your best ability.
 Post Reply Post Reply