FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No video on full screen

Post Date: 2020-07-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
barddzen View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote barddzen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: No video on full screen
    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:58am
Budget:N/A

Expectations:
I can use my monitor in other than split screen

Usage:
I have an LG 4k monitor that can do 4x4k split screen amongst the various inputs. The Avon Ultimate works great in split screen, but when I try full screen it doesn't work. I believe there ARE some kind of signals going to the input, the screen doesn't shut off.

I've tried playing around with the various screen and laptop video settings but can't find the magic setting to make it all work.

Special Needs: N/A
Saved Ticket #: N/A (yet)
Specifications:
New Avon Ultimate Laptop
LG 4k split screen monitor
barddzen View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote barddzen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:53am
After some exceptional tech support, we figured out what the problem is: my monitor supports 30fps and 60 fps on different HDMI ports, the full screen works on the 30fps but NOT on the 60fps.

We zeroed in on the HDMI cable was not rated for 4k or higher speed content which meant getting a better cable or moving some USB-C or other type of cable/port that supported the higher needs.

HDMI, USB and WiFi suffer from the same problems in that unless you do a lot of research, it's not obvious what each type of port/cable is needed for which type of content or need.

HDMI and USB are terrible because they all look basically the same and until you encounter issues like this, you'd never know that there IS actually a very significant difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply