FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Video Signal - Digital Storm Lynx (3060) - BIOS

Post Date: 2023-11-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GaVHOLO View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GaVHOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: No Video Signal - Digital Storm Lynx (3060) - BIOS
    Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 9:52am
No Video Signal - Digital Storm Lynx (3060) - BIOS issue? ASUS MB prime b660m-a ac d4

Hi, I Have a Digital Storm Lynx PC with a possible prime b660m-a ac d4 MB bios issue. I'm hoping it is easy to fix since this rig has worked before for several thousand hours previously before being stored for a month or so.

I have tested my computer's display signal through several working monitors and have gotten no video outputs despite changing cables and displays and output sources. My PC will turn on, fans on all boards will spin, and all components are getting power, but I have no video output and no peripherals will allow me to log in.

NOTE:

when booting up the PC, I have an alarming flashing power button on the front of the case. It will turn on and immediately spin all fans, light up my RGB, and the power button will flash as is does all of this.

further computer specs available, no liquid cooling, only swapped RAM after received my PC in the mail, RGB still responds to remote signals and changes colors. Attached is a photo reference/chart of the motharboard I have installed:

as you can see, there is no BIOS switch or battery on my board. I also DO NOT have a switch on my GPU to factory reset it that I can see, but if anyone knows how to reset a 3060 lmk I'm willing to try it if it will solve my graphics/boot issue.

I'm highly skeptical that this is a recurring issue, but I don't remember anything that solved it when I was using the PC before, other than trying different output ports/rebooting. Hoping I don't have to call in to DigitalStorm Support to report a potato, but It's under warranty and I can definitely call if needed for tech help or reimbursement via warranty.

Feeling that analasys paralasys, help most appreciated.

I have no idea if it's even posting, since I can't tell, but hoping for the best. if anyone has even guesses what's going on, feel free to comment and let me know, hugest thanks from a desperate game arts student.

intel i5-12400 processor, 700W proporietary pSU from digitalstorm

UPDATE>>>> I have cleaned and reseated my GPU & RAM, tested integrated and GPU video signals before and after a BIOS reset, and still have not gotten video and the PC does not seem to recognize any peripherals during this. When I turn on the PC, my monitor will flash, display "no signal" and then go back to a black screen (no signal)

Edited by GaVHOLO - 17 Nov 2023 at 3:19pm
-NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, EVERYONE REMAINS CONNECTED.
//HOLOGRAM SIGNATURE - GAVIN
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by GaVHOLO

when booting up the PC, I have an alarming flashing power button on the front of the case. It will turn on and immediately spin all fans, light up my RGB, and the power button will flash as is does all of this.

ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Power LED | ASUS (Support)

intel i5-12400 processor

I have cleaned and reseated my GPU & RAM, tested integrated and GPU video signals before and after a BIOS reset,

Do you know if it's a 12400 or 12400F? The F suffix means there's no IGPU (or rather a non-functioning, disabled IGPU). Therefore, connecting your monitor to the motherboard, if you have a 12400F, would not result in a video signal anyway.
• Ryzen 5600X, ROG Strix B550-I, RX 6900 XT, 32GB Vengeance, 960GB MP510
• be quiet 500DX, i7 11700K, ROG Strix Z590-E, RTX 4080 ProArt + RTX 4070 Ti ProArt, 64GB HyperX Fury, 2TB SN850
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 1:16pm
I have to ask if you are sure you cabled to your video card and not your motherboard?
GaVHOLO View Drop Down

Quote GaVHOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Cretae

I have to ask if you are sure you cabled to your video card and not your motherboard?

thank you for asking, i have tried both before and after bios reset
GaVHOLO View Drop Down

Quote GaVHOLO Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by MrCheetah

ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Power LED | ASUS (Support)

intel i5-12400 processor

I have cleaned and reseated my GPU & RAM, tested integrated and GPU video signals before and after a BIOS reset,

Do you know if it's a 12400 or 12400F? The F suffix means there's no IGPU (or rather a non-functioning, disabled IGPU). Therefore, connecting your monitor to the motherboard, if you have a 12400F, would not result in a video signal anyway.

thank you so much for finding this, the power button flashes quickly, so i will try reseating my memory and cleaning and such. I am pretty sure the CPU has integrated graphics and that I have used them before, so it is probably not an F-model. Thank you for your input, this has been most helpful!
 Post Reply Post Reply