Not quite perfect

Post Date: 2007-09-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Not quite perfect
    Posted: 20 Sep 2007 at 10:44pm
My system arrived today and so far it hasn't been quite what i expected. Let me begin with the good part Smile . The box arrived in good condition with only minor damage on the outside. The PC itself doesn't seem to suffer any damage as far as i can tell. The first thing i did is to open the side door, check all connections and it looks fine. The wiring job is superb, i can't find any faults with that Smile I haven't try to boot the PC yet since i want to have the whole weekend to test it out. Ok, now the bad part Ouch The accessories box has all the spare cables but something is missing. Turn out that DS forget to put in the bag that has all the spare screws !!! The motherboard and the case should have tons of spare screws left. The hard drive screws for the case is a sink head screw and without it i can't even install a spare HDD. The other things is that i thought that there should be some games included since most retail video or sound card usually have them included. Could someone from DS check into this issue please ? My order is 5084. I will probably call DS tomorrow to see what happens.
Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2007 at 11:45pm
Hey commast,

I can only identify about half the doodads that came in my accessories box. As you say, there are no extra screws. So, your situation is not an error; it's a conspiracy!  Wink Actually, I paid DSO good money to use all the case screws; not send them to me! Seriously, I guess I would expect the screws to come with the disk drives; not the case. Could go either way.

As far as "free" games go..... The computer you get from DSO is definitely an OEM product as opposed to a "retail" product. There aren't a lot, okay there are no frivolous extras. Be glad you got a power cord! (just kidding...) Remember, nothing is free, even if it doesn't appear on the invoice. The last thing I want is for somebody to pick out games I probably don't really want and then charge me for them on the sly.

I was more surprised that there was no manual for the TJ9 case. Then I went to the Silverstone web site. Guess what; no manual. I was more amused than annoyed by the folder that came with the 8800 that said it contained "case stickers", DVD playback software, and Game Demos, but didn't.

Oh, and I have plugged my machine in, and so far it's f-ing flawless. Embarrassed

Edited by Bill the Cat - 20 Sep 2007 at 11:52pm
Donut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Donut Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 12:01am
I think I remember reading that this happened somewhere else . . . but realistically, its not that big of a deal, eh? 
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 12:09am
Well, guys it's a big deal to me since i can't install anymore hard drive on my system because of the missing extra screws. The TJ-09 use a sink-in flathead screws in order to install the drives, any other screws won't work. The TJ-09 did have a manual, at least it comes with my system. As far OEM components, DS stated that they use Retail components to build the system so i expected to see the extras discs.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 12:15am
Glad you hear you got your machine in one piece, welcome to the family of great customers Clap!

Actually, we don't provide extra screws with the system because we don't get them the same way you would if you bought a case at retail. We purchase cases in mass pallets without boxes. To cut down on costs and space, we only receive the chassis itself. We have loads of extra screws here though, if you would like some, I will be more than happy to make a request to mail you a builders set.

Unfortunately, the system does not come with any extra games. Unless the hardware itself is bundled with it, we do offer special promotions. The component name will have, for example, (Includes: Ghost Recon). Which we ran for the Ageia PhysX card in the past.

We do use "Retail Hardware", remember the pictures of the facility tour, all of the components come in retail boxes. As of right now, none of the bundled retail hardware that your system came with included a game, if it did, we would have thrown it in there for you.

Give us a call, we will definitely work something out! Smile

Originally posted by commast

My system arrived today and so far it hasn't been quite what i expected. Let me begin with the good part Smile . The box arrived in good condition with only minor damage on the outside. The PC itself doesn't seem to suffer any damage as far as i can tell. The first thing i did is to open the side door, check all connections and it looks fine. The wiring job is superb, i can't find any faults with that Smile I haven't try to boot the PC yet since i want to have the whole weekend to test it out. Ok, now the bad part Ouch The accessories box has all the spare cables but something is missing. Turn out that DS forget to put in the bag that has all the spare screws !!! The motherboard and the case should have tons of spare screws left. The hard drive screws for the case is a sink head screw and without it i can't even install a spare HDD. The other things is that i thought that there should be some games included since most retail video or sound card usually have them included. Could someone from DS check into this issue please ? My order is 5084. I will probably call DS tomorrow to see what happens.

Edited by Alex - 21 Sep 2007 at 12:19am
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 12:27am
Alex, thanks for the quick reply. I thought that since the TJ-09 case has space for 6 HDD and 4 optical drives, it should have enough screws to install all of these components. If you could i would like to have the extra screws send to me and i don't mind paying for it. 
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 12:37am

Don't worry about paying for shipping. I already made a request to send you a bag and a surprise.

You are right about the screws for the TJ09 though, one of the first things I am doing tomorrow is working out a plan to include spare HDD screws for every TJ09.

commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Alex

Don't worry about paying for shipping. I already made a request to send you a bag and a surprise.

You are right about the screws for the TJ09 though, one of the first things I am doing tomorrow is working out a plan to include spare HDD screws for every TJ09.

Thank you Alex, you made my day or is it night Big%20smile?? I am still amaze at the level of customer support i get from DS. I am glad that i choose DS to build my PC Thumbs%20Up

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 12:55am

You're welcome. Now it's time to have a good night's rest and start another great day at Digital Storm. Cool

DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 1:22am

The TJ-09 did have a manual, at least it comes with my system.

You got a TJ9 manual?

Alex!!!! Can I have one, please can I? I wouldn't mind if you threw in a handful of srews either. Big%20smile
tummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote tummy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 11:15am
Which case is the TJ-09?  I dont know which model Number my case is I got the LITE... Does this Case come with Screws for the drives.. I would like to install my current HD as well....
gdhart View Drop Down

Quote gdhart Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 12:51pm
The TJ-09 is the Twister Extreme.
Kelly View Drop Down

Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 1:54pm
it is the extreme case and that is the silverstone TJ-09
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 3:25pm
Ok, guy, just to set the record straight the only reason i asked for the extra screws because the TJ-09 use a different kind of screws to install the hard drives. The normal type screws, which i have tons of, won't work in this case. Pull out the HDD cage in the TJ-09 and you'll see why. If you try to install the HDD with the regular screws you won't be able to put the HDD cage back in the case. I knew about this before but i thought that the extra screws came with the case so i didn't ask about it until my system arrived yesterday.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 5:23pm

Ok, guy, just to set the record straight the only reason i asked for the extra screws because the TJ-09 use a different kind of screws to install the hard drives.

Commast,

If you're referring to me, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I'd really like a copy of the manual, if such a thing exists, and I wouldn't mind having a stash of the correct screws just incase. No offense intended.
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Bill the Cat

Ok, guy, just to set the record straight the only reason i asked for the extra screws because the TJ-09 use a different kind of screws to install the hard drives.

Commast,

If you're referring to me, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I'd really like a copy of the manual, if such a thing exists, and I wouldn't mind having a stash of the correct screws just incase. No offense intended.

No, Bill my posts are not in anyway referring to you Big%20smile or anybody else at all. That wasn't my intention Embarrassed My TJ-09 case does have the manual included but it's not much in there, only about 4 pages long. Now if i can get the manual for my X-Fi sound card Big%20smile
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 6:53pm
Bill the Cat,

I found the online manual for the TJ-09, if you are still interested. Link here http://www.silverstonetek.com/download/d_contents.php?pno=tj09&area=usa

DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 8:53pm

No, Bill my posts are not in anyway referring to you Big%20smile or anybody else at all.

Commast,

Glad to hear it. Smile  I'm told I get a bit carried away sometimes, and apparently a bit paranoid.

I saw that TJ9 "manual" online. I think it's Silverstone's way of saying, "The case is selfexplanitory."

Have you had a chance to fire up your new rig yet?

Edited by Bill the Cat - 21 Sep 2007 at 8:58pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 9:06pm
Please private message me your order number I will see about the TJ-09 manual, but, just to let you know, it doesn't really have anything in there, its more of a just a picture of the case.

HDD Screws will be on the way, please PM me your order number.

The TJ-09 did have a manual, at least it comes with my system.

You got a TJ9 manual?

Alex!!!! Can I have one, please can I? I wouldn't mind if you threw in a handful of srews either. Big%20smile
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 9:13pm

Have you had a chance to fire up your new rig yet?

Not yet, will try to get to it sometime this weekend if i am not busy. I am planning to run my new system alongside with my current WinXP while sharing the same keyboard,mouse and monitor. I need to re-arrange things a bit first.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2007 at 12:01am
Commast,

You've got a lot more self control than I do.  Thumbs%20Up

Edited by Bill the Cat - 22 Sep 2007 at 12:02am
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 2:27am

Commast,

You've got a lot more self control than I do.  Thumbs%20Up

You're too kind Smile I want to get to it ASAP but i just want to make sure the system has my complete undivided attention Big%20smile i am going to try to see how it does tonight after the kids are in bed Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply