ODE: Review: New DS Customer

Post Date: 2011-08-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sdwas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sdwas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: ODE: Review: New DS Customer
    Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 12:45pm
I would've posted this in the Customer Reviews forum, but I did not have permissions.

My review is going to be focused on my experience with Digital Storm as a company and not on the system I ordered, an ODE Level 0.

I should start off by saying that DS has another extremely happy customer. Even though I ordered a low end system by DS standards, I've been treated with the same attention, courtesy and professionalism as someone that ordered a system that cost five times as much. This includes the time before, during and after I placed my order. There was a misunderstanding during the order process. We communicated back & forth via email and DS was always quick to respond and handled it as well as could be expected. I also had a problem once I received my system. Originally I thought the system must've been damaged during shipping. However, after much trial & error on my part, I was able to figure out that it was a problem on my end. Of course, I was able to change some of the system settings during this time, and not to my benefit. A quick call to DS and they were able to easily walk me through fixing these setting to put it back to the same state as when it left the factory.

These forums are also a valuable source of help and information. They have been extremely useful to me during my configuration process and when I had troubles. The many DS customers that post are a wealth of knowledge, not to mention the DS employees that also contribute to the topics. Everything about my experiences with DS as a company has exceeded my expectations.

Ok, now a bit about my system. I priced out comparable systems from many other companies. Not only does DS use superior components, but they were also less expensive than the competitors when looking at comparable builds. The system is unbelievably fast and I know it will last me for years to come. The only negatives I can think (what is a review without a con) is that it is a bit noisier than I'm used and the case is larger than I expected. The noise is by no means unbearable, you just know it is there and running. However, I'm also coming from a background of using your typical workstations that were never configured for high performance or gaming.

I will definitely recommend Digital Storm to anyone looking for a new system and I couldn't be happier.
ShadowStar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ShadowStar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:15pm
Congrats! now for you to post pics!!!Excited
Walking the line between realities
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:16pm
Awesome! Please post a picture of your setup and we'll move your thread over to the Customer Reviews section.
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 2:33pm
picsssss
sdwas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdwas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 11:50pm
I realize that these pictures are not that exciting or new to most people here.  Unless you count the messy desk and cabling as I work to transition from my old system to the new one.  But, you asked for them, so here they are.  Of course, I had to get the obligatory game as part of the monitor, which is also really fun to play.   However, this system will be primarily used for work.

maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 11:55pm
the pics look great. its interesting how it feels so weird posting them but everyone else likes them so much.
Steam:pcmaster160
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:10am
love it!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 10:02am
Nice photos.Big%20Smile 

Yep, it is noisier than an old pc with a single 4" fan buried in the back.  Well worth it.

Have fun.Awesome
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:43pm
Love it +2!
 Post Reply Post Reply