Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Official Update - Delays, Backlogs, Stage 1/2
    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 12:42pm
Copy of an official internal memo from the company:

We will catch up with all Lynx backlogs by the following dates below, (note: some orders may ship sooner as we work on the backlog):

- Level 1 = October 18th.
- Level 2 = October 18th.
- Level 3 = October 25th.
- Level 4 = October 31st.

Next, we're working on catching up on our custom orders as well (non-Lynx). At this time we are shipping a large number of orders and should be fully caught up by the end of this month/start of November.

Orders are now shipping on schedule as per our estimated ship dates, there may be a few small unique cases, but we are on track now. Only issues could be a lag in Stage 1/2 during the ship date phase, however, orders do ship within an estimated time range (15 for Lynx and up to 25 for custom).

Also on the positive side, we're going to be moving into our new facility by the end of November. The new place is twice as large as our current one which will open the door for us to include automation and more efficient ways of our building, testing, QA, and shipping PCs. This will help during the busy holiday season. Our plan is to make the migration with little impact on day-to-day operations/production.

Starting in November, we will begin cutting down ship date time frames for all orders such as Lynx and custom builds. Lynx units will go back to 1-2 days and custom will be at 5-10 days.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:17pm
Don't know if these kinds of posts are going to be a regular thing, but I think this is an awesome step towards more transparency! Awesome
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 2:18pm

Is the new DS location also close by the current spot in Morgan Hill?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 2:53pm
10 minutes away.
Nordrengr View Drop Down

Quote Nordrengr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:45pm
My PC is in stage 2 and was ordered on September 13th, when should I expect it to be shipped?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Nordrengr

My PC is in stage 2 and was ordered on September 13th, when should I expect it to be shipped?

Hi Nordrengr, it's been currently 22 business days as of today for your purchase (the website showed up to 25 when you ordered), there is a solution for us to get this shipped. I will email you shortly.
crispy9492 View Drop Down

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 3:24pm

I ordered the Lynx Level 4 with a Monitor and the Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard. Its My first Pc and purchase from DS But this is exactlty what im afraid of. Waiting almost a month without recieving the PC or updates on the PC. Hoping this doesnt happen to me 3 business days stage 1 so far

Edited by crispy9492 - 15 Oct 2019 at 3:29pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by crispy9492

I ordered the Lynx Level 4 with a Monitor and the Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard. Its My first Pc and purchase from DS But this is exactlty what im afraid of. Waiting almost a month without recieving the PC or updates on the PC. Hoping this doesnt happen to me. 3 business days stage 1 so far

Hi crispy9492, no worries. Your order isn't going to wait for a month. The estimated ship date is up to 15 business days as per your invoice and our website when you placed an order which puts you at October 31st for a ship date. There is a high chance it will ship sooner as we're catching up quite quickly now (see my original post in this thread).

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:21pm
Good to hear. Im too stoked to wait any longer. But if it comes eaelier than that the 31st That would be amazing Only time will tell. Is there usually a time frame that it goes from stage 1 to stage 2 and other stages ?
ColeM View Drop Down

Quote ColeM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:48am

Yeah my PC was ordered the 20th of September and just got my stage 2 email yesterday, 10/15/19 but when I ordered mine it was still the standard 10-15 business days. So it’s been a little longer then that now.

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by ColeM

Yeah my PC was ordered the 20th of September and just got my stage 2 email yesterday, 10/15/19 but when I ordered mine it was still the standard 10-15 business days. So it’s been a little longer then that now.

Well from what I saw on a previous forum post. They should be caught up with all the Lynx models "by the end of the week or the middle of next week" I dont know exactly what that means. Hopefully they'll get shipped out soon. I got lynx level 4 with keyboard and monitor and im on stage 1 still

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 2:14pm
I legitimately cant stop thinking about my PC 😭
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 2:32pm
Please refer to my first post at the top of this thread, it includes some estimations for Lynx and custom orders.

Stage updates are delayed, your order will quickly jump stages as it gets close to the estimated ship date.
ColeM View Drop Down

Quote ColeM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Alex

Please refer to my first post at the top of this thread, it includes some estimations for Lynx and custom orders.

Stage updates are delayed, your order will quickly jump stages as it gets close to the estimated ship date.

Thank you for the clarification!

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 2:38pm
Damn this suspense its killing me

Edited by crispy9492 - 18 Oct 2019 at 2:49pm
ColeM View Drop Down

Quote ColeM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 11:48pm

Yeah I mean like you saw for me I was in stage 1 for around 12 or 13 business days! Hopefully you won’t be in that same boat as we’ve seen they are catching up on everything! Just have to do your best to be patient it’ll all be worth it!

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:46am

Yeah I mean like you saw for me I was in stage 1 for around 12 or 13 business days! Hopefully you won’t be in that same boat as we’ve seen they are catching up on everything! Just have to do your best to be patient it’ll all be worth it!

Has your setup shipped since you spoke with alex? Idk why But I have this feeling that the PC I ordered is gonna be waiting longer than the end of the month like I was told(Mainly because every single forum post and youtube video ive seen people waited ridiculous time frames)I do have plenty of patients. The anxiety of not knowing when its gonna come is the worst part. Cant stop thinking about the PC what so ever 😭

Edited by crispy9492 - 19 Oct 2019 at 5:00am
ColeM View Drop Down

Quote ColeM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 9:44am

Has your setup shipped since you spoke with alex? Idk why But I have this feeling that the PC I ordered is gonna be waiting longer than the end of the month like I was told(Mainly because every single forum post and youtube video ive seen people waited ridiculous time frames)I do have plenty of patients. The anxiety of not knowing when its gonna come is the worst part. Cant stop thinking about the PC what so ever 😭

Yeah it shipped at the end of the day Thursday and should be arriving Monday by the end of the day or at least that’s what it’s estimated so fingers crossed! Well I hope you have better luck on the communication aspect because I felt like I was basically left in the dark but like Alex had said it didn’t look like you would be waiting a whole month so let’s hope he’s right!

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 9:47am

Yeah it shipped at the end of the day Thursday and should be arriving Monday by the end of the day or at least that’s what it’s estimated so fingers crossed! Well I hope you have better luck on the communication aspect because I felt like I was basically left in the dark but like Alex had said it didn’t look like you would be waiting a whole month so let’s hope he’s right!

I hope hes right too! I just hate the fact the you dont get live updates or anything. so you truely have 0 clue when its exactly supposed to be come. Im still in stage 1 and have 0 clue what even happening with it
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 3:37pm
I'm sorry about the lack of live updates, but I assure you that it will ship within the projected ship date. Lynx units are built in large batches and your Level 4 configuration will be shipped around end of October which is reflected in my original post at the top. It will be worth the wait, please let us know how you like it when it arrives.

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 4:59pm

I'm sorry about the lack of live updates, but I assure you that it will ship within the projected ship date. Lynx units are built in large batches and your Level 4 configuration will be shipped around end of October which is reflected in my original post at the top. It will be worth the wait, please let us know how you like it when it arrives.

Thankyou alex. its nothing against your or anyone at DS.Im just basing my forum posts on what ive seen from alot of other customers and I also just get like this when I order something online. It seems like im very impatient but im just super excited for my very first PC and just want it to come already! this next week and a half needs to go by. And go by FAST! haha

Edited by crispy9492 - 21 Oct 2019 at 5:00pm

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 9:41pm
Also meant to ask....Since I ordered a keyboard and montior with the Lynx Pc. Are they going to come with it or are both of those going to come separately?
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 12:31am

Also meant to ask....Since I ordered a keyboard and montior with the Lynx Pc. Are they going to come with it or are both of those going to come separately?

They are usually shipped together, at least mine did. Big%20Smile

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by hoserator

They are usually shipped together, at least mine did. Big%20Smile

Heres hoping they both come with the PC like yours did :D I hope thats the case and not seperate ship times so I dont gotta wait even longer

Edited by crispy9492 - 22 Oct 2019 at 5:57pm
BodeanG View Drop Down

Quote BodeanG Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 6:43am
Crispy just a word of caution. If yours is being shipped Via UPS Ground be ready for that one departure scan that is your only update for 24+hours, LOL.

Mine was scanned yesterday as departing San Pablo at 330am and I haven't had an arrival scan. Now, I know it's likely in a rail car waiting for more stuff to actually leave the DC, or, since it's coming halfway across the country, just not at the next DC.

I think we're just kids at Christmas waiting for our toy to unwrap. LOL!

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 7:40am
Originally posted by BodeanG

Crispy just a word of caution. If yours is being shipped Via UPS Ground be ready for that one departure scan that is your only update for 24+hours, LOL.

Mine was scanned yesterday as departing San Pablo at 330am and I haven't had an arrival scan. Now, I know it's likely in a rail car waiting for more stuff to actually leave the DC, or, since it's coming halfway across the country, just not at the next DC.

I ordered mine to ship overnight(Keyboard and Monitor should come with it) and its almost been 2 weeks on stage 1. so Updates here are irrelevant
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 11:47am
We processed your order on the 10th, the ship date is 15 business days, it will be October 31st for your Lynx Level 4 which is on track and on schedule.

Please note, Lynx builds are done in large batches and your Stage updates will occur as it gets close to the ship date.

Hope this helps.
BodeanG View Drop Down

Quote BodeanG Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by BodeanG

I ordered mine to ship overnight(Keyboard and Monitor should come with it) and its almost been 2 weeks on stage 1. so Updates here are irrelevant

I have no idea how to get the "verified" handle, but I ordered the Lynx level 1 (Budget box) on 10/13 and on the 18th i jumped 6 stages to say it was QA complete. It started the shipment process on Monday 10/21, scheduled for 10/25 delivery. So right on track for their 10 - 15 business days estimate.

We'll be gaming away soon...
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 2:13pm
To get the DS Verified Customer badge you have to use the same email for your forum account as you used for the purchase...
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 1:55am
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

To get the DS Verified Customer badge you have to use the same email for your forum account as you used for the purchase...
"Ex4cT7y" the same... Case sensitive like a password.

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 1:18pm

We processed your order on the 10th, the ship date is 15 business days, it will be October 31st for your Lynx Level 4 which is on track and on schedule.

Please note, Lynx builds are done in large batches and your Stage updates will occur as it gets close to the ship date.

Hope this helps.

just hoping its delivered before or after November 2nd because I wont be home that day and I know you have to sign for the package. With the ship date being the 31st (I did the overnight shipping) Im nervous that I wont be home when it arrives

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 4:10pm
I would reach out to our team if you wish we can delay the PC for a few days into early November to ensure you are available to take delivery.

You could also contact UPS once it ships and have them hold it at the local hub for you to pickup.

Quote crispy9492 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:53am

I would reach out to our team if you wish we can delay the PC for a few days into early November to ensure you are available to take delivery.

You could also contact UPS once it ships and have them hold it at the local hub for you to pickup.

I don’t want to delay it. I just want to make sure that me or someone else will be home once it is delivered and If it’s going to ship no later than the 31st then it should come on the Nov 1st.

Edited by crispy9492 - 28 Oct 2019 at 2:21pm
Hawklyn View Drop Down

Quote Hawklyn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 7:57pm
My build was due to ship on the October 25th. Got told it would now be shipped November 5 to the 15th. How is my order so far behind? I'm really unhappy that I was notified of the later shipping date on the 24th. Oh and I get to pay and extra 75 dollars for a case since the one I was supposed to get wasn't available. So I get my computer much later than I should and get charged extra to boot. Why is the tower my fault?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 4:35pm

I don’t want to delay it. I just want to make sure that me or someone else will be home once it is delivered and If it’s going to ship no later than the 31st then it should come on the Nov 1st.

Yes, it's shipping by the 31st, I just replied to your email to confirm for you. You're all set.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>