FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions on Build

Post Date: 2022-05-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickdean22 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rickdean22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Opinions on Build
    Posted: 06 May 2022 at 7:37pm
I recently made this configuration, and before I purchase it I wanted to know if there's any suggestions/changes I need to consider.

Thanks in advance

Config: 4387819
https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=4387819

I plan to use this for VR gameplay and recording, along with video editing and 3D rendering.

Edited by rickdean22 - 06 May 2022 at 7:38pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 May 2022 at 3:44am
All I can say is you spent almost as much money as you possibly could here. If this isn't for professional use, and earning money, it's a tad over the top IMHO. The need for a $3000 video card that's going to be old news in about 4-5 months escapes me. Not liquid cooling that space heater is probably something you might regret, but I think it's not worth the money in the first place.

I'm the budget guy, so take that for what it's worth. At the same time, I've not seen any use for the 3090 series that makes sense for a non-professional. It's a completely useless waste of money for gaming. You'd be much better off with 64GB of RAM and a 3080 Ti IMHO.
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 May 2022 at 3:24pm
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 May 2022 at 5:09pm
Welcome back. Awesome

That is quite the system you have created. StrongThat gpu is a beast and if the budget can take it...

I don't get involved in configurations but had to chime in and let you know that the OS Boost is not needed at all and unless you have an audiophile system hooked up to the pc the mobo's sound is more than adequate.

Enjoy!
Smile
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 May 2022 at 12:31pm
rem PSU is the heart, and CPU is the brain of any pc.  i don't skimp at all on either.  i go for max expansion ability as well for possible future needs/wants, so i tend to go above what my system recommends/needs in wattage.  i also do that for overclocking reasons.  i'm not sure how good that DS PSU is, but i'd go with name brand "titanium" 1000w for your system.  i also prefer complete modularity for cable management purposes. 

not sure why anyone runs with HDD's any more these days with the sizes M.2 SSD can achieve now. 

i definitely recommend liquid cooling of some kind, whether custom open loop or AIO closed loop. 

you're obviously not on a budget build, so i can't criticize where you can save money on a price-to-performance value level.  you'll far exceed all of the headsets+pc recommended hardware with this build.
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
 Post Reply Post Reply