FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Order delays seem odd

Post Date: 2009-01-11

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fsinger View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote fsinger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Order delays seem odd
    Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 3:10pm
I usually purchase at least one computer every year, and have bought before from the independent "boutique" manufacturers similar to Digital Storm (ABS being one). I have also built (or assembled) several myself.

I really like the look and feel of Digital Storm's website, and courteous phone folks. I have high hopes for a long relationship and a new machine every year or so.

It seems odd, though, that one week after my order is processed I get a call saying that the power supply is out of stock and would I authorize a substitution. I have NO problem with that, but why was it 7 days after the order was approved? If the parts are assembled for manufacturing, wouldn't that show up right away? I assume now that my order will be further delayed beyond the estimated ship date of January 12th (the original order payment was approved January 2nd).

Is this a normal thing for those of you who have ordered and are satisfied with Digital Storm? I am easily satisfied if I get a good product in the long run, and I don't mean to be picky here. Most of all I want to find a good PC manufacturer who will give decent support. I think Digital Storm is that company, but am now a little unsure.

BTW, having this forum is one of the other reasons I like this company!
Fred from Seattle
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 3:38pm
Well they could have make you wait a month like allienware or other places but after waiting a bit, looks like they got news that the wait is gonna be much longer then they were told, so they called you up right away to see if you want to substitute or wait, the wait must have been ridiculous so they as you to go with a substitution.

can I ask what PSU you ordered and what you went with now?
Back to Top
fsinger View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote fsinger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 1:27am
I ordered the 750W Corsair, and I can't remember what the substitution was. The tech said it was equivalent for the same price (I just hope it is a quiet as the Corsair is supposed to be).
Fred from Seattle
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 1:42am
I'm sure its a good one, its probably pc power and cooling or something
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 5:09pm

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are shifting our PSU brands from a 750W Corsair to a 750W PC Power and Cooling, and yes, it is a better PSU.

P.S.
This is in the wrong forum, it should be in "General Discussion."
 
Warm Regards,
Alex
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 5:32pm
PC Power and Cooling is an upgrade, lol you got an upgrade for free, you should be happy it was out of stock
Back to Top
fsinger View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote fsinger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 3:30pm
Hi Alex,
This seemed appropriate as a configuration discussion - sorry.

Sounds like the consensus is that your move to the PC Power & Cooling PSU's is an improvement. I hope the tone of my original post made it obvious that I wasn't being critical, that I really wondered what was normal in this case. Of course your company should be able to change inventory, and I was notified right away by phone and email. I couldn't be happier with the service.

But as a new customer you must admit with a change in motherboard (right after my order due to my choice of CPU) then later a change in PSU is worth my follow-up in the community to see if that is normal.

Fred from Seattle
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 4:43pm
I understand.
 
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Alex
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 8.984375E-02 seconds.