FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ordered the Lynx unlimited

Post Date: 2020-09-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
methodman3000 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote methodman3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Ordered the Lynx unlimited
    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 5:39pm
I ordered th Lynx Ultimate which comes with the 2070 card, but I heard the next generation processors are coming out at the same price.  Would it be wise to hold off my order until the new RTX30 series comes out.  Or is 2070 super a really great card anyways.  Since it's coming out at the same time.  Is Digital Storm going to embrace it quickly.  Or is there more thought put into building the system s than that.  I would gladly pay the difference.  It sounds more powerful by quite a lot of features.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 4:29am
It depends what monitor you have/are planning to get. For any 1080p, the RTX 2070 SUPER will be just great. The 2070 WAS the best budget card for 1440p, but the 3070 will outperform it by a wide margin near the same price. Keep in mind a good 1440p monitor will run you $450 and up though!

The problem is, the 3070 isn't out until October, and only DS knows their plans for the Lynx builds. Could be they stick with the 2070 for awhile. They may not have decided anything yet, but it can't hurt to ask.
 Post Reply Post Reply