Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Out of Stock - Dreadnought (HAF X)
    Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:08pm

Sorry everyone, but, the Cooler Master HAF X is out of stock. We've had the chassis on back order for a while and the delivery has been pushed back into January now. We won't have the cases until the middle of January.

We do offer a ton of other case options, so I hope everyone can find a style or feature set that they like in alternative models.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:11pm
We are going to be adding the Cooler Master Trooper shortly.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:16pm
Well looks like CM had their heads up their ass on the Trooper, why would I want 2 big front fans and one big on top? thats just stupid, now you got 3 big fans blowing in and one sucking out.

the haf x had better air flow then the Trooper.

thank god we can just order the haf x from newegg and ship it to you guys.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

why would I want 2 big front fans and one big on top?

So you can have a handle.

LOL

Edited by Tidgxor - 09 Dec 2011 at 5:22pm
jmaster299 View Drop Down

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:26pm
Do you still have the Nvidia Edition HAF X for the people who want it?

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:29pm
Looks like we do have some of those still in stock.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:29pm
@Tidgxor,

@jm299, people can just order from newegg if they don't have either, and ship to DS, the price difference is shipping, IMHO well worth it.
covfam View Drop Down

Quote covfam Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:35pm
what made the HAF so popular?  personaly i Really like the white corsair 600T case that DS uses with ODE ... i can only find black ones elsewhere no white ones anywhere else.  id love to be able to configure with that case!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:39pm
haf = Hight Air Flow

you can't get its airflow or load temps with 600t and haf has more room to grow/work in, also the fans on 600t are louder then haf's.

having one big fan in the front blowing air in, big side fan blowing air in right over gpus, and 2 big fans sucking the hot rising air up and out, gives you great airflow.

Not sure where you are looking that you can't see the white 600t., oh wait do you mean here at DS? if yes then DS does not offer the white cause they only use it for their ode.

Edited by DST4ME - 09 Dec 2011 at 5:40pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:44pm
To be honest, yes, the HAF is high air flow, but, that doesn't mean all other cases are no good. The Corsair 600T (Black Edition) is an excellent case. Let's all be real, you don't need a HAF to make sure your system doesn't run hot. All cases are practically designed for good cooling. If you want to take cooling up a notch, the Corsair 600T (Back Edition) even our ODE which is the white can accommodate a fan mesh grill that allows up  to four 120mm fans on the side.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:57pm
For my money I want the best airflow, the 600t needs to add 4 smaller 120mm fans which cost extra, are louder and to connect them you need to use the mesh side grill which makes it even louder, we have a few threads of customers complaining about that.

600t white $169

haf x $179

for my money I want the best airflow and that is haf x. sure I can get the 600t with less room and more noise, but why would I want to do that when I can get a bigger case, much better airflow with less noise for $10 more? and I don't have to buy 4 fans, and install them and the mesh grill.

keep in mind the 600t's price is without four extra fans, so when you add those in, the 600t actually endsup costing more then haf x.

so at the end would I want the best airflow possible for $10 more with more room and less noise then 600t?

heck yes

IMHO at the end of the day its getting the best/most for your money.

Edited by DST4ME - 09 Dec 2011 at 6:00pm

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 6:41pm
The HAF X may be huge but it's hard to argue with it's temps. My GPU sits at 28-30 degrees while surfing and watching netflix and it tops out at 60 degrees while in game. That's with standard automatic fan control and everything. The A70 and GPU are the only fans I can hear running since the case fans are big but slow spinning fans.

The info from CM on that trooper is also conflicting. On the cooling page it lists a 200m LED front fan but it's pics and specs show it's actually x2 120mm fans and the smaller fans are always louder since they have to spin faster to achieve proper air flow.

No see through side panel makes no sense as that's what everyone wants these days. It seems to me that this case is really just aimed at the LAN crowd. People who are going to tournaments or other LAN functions and they want a case they can haul around with them. Other then that the handle has limited to no use. A normal person should not be moving their system often enough to require a handle at the expense of losing an exhaust fan.

Invader Mig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Invader Mig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 2:46pm

Well looks like CM had their heads up their ass on the Trooper, why would I want 2 big front fans and one big on top? thats just stupid, now you got 3 big fans blowing in and one sucking out.

First off, the specs in that link that provided are wrong, there are 2 120mm fans in the front. They are actually mounted to intake from the side, but can be turned around to intake from the front.

Even if there were 3 200mm fans in total, the top 200 is exhaust, so I'm not seeing where you get the idea for a top intake. It even shows this in the picture. That being said, positive air pressure spanks negative air pressure any day of the week and twice on sunday, so I'm even more confused by this statment. Another good thing about the orientation of the fans in the front is if you don't populate all of the drive bays, which most average users don't, at least one of the 120's has unobstructed airflow going straight to the cards. This case also has the option for 2 120mm side intake fans, and can fit 2 240mm rads on the top and bottom.

I think you need to do a bit more research on the case, because Cooler Master most certainly did not have their heads up their asses with this case. It's a damn good case and can have amazing air flow with the side fans, and it's always advised to get the extra fan on the HAF to maximize airflow, so the same would be true with the Storm Trooper.

I'm not saying it's better than the HAF, or should replace it on the config, but I was wondering if DS was going to bring this case in, and I'm glad to see that they did, as it is an awesome case.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 2:55pm
I never mentioned a top intake, I was saying I rather have one big fan in front and side for intake and two on top for exhust, that creates a better airflow.

IMHO this new case should be the same/better then the haf x and thats where cm had their head up their ass.

also in all fairness they are being confusing, what you are saying is that the two front fans are 120mm but cm is saying they are/can be two 200mm:

Groupie
Groupie

Quote Invader Mig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 3:28pm

I never mentioned a top intake, I was saying I rather have one big fan in front and side for intake and two on top for exhust, that creates a better airflow.

IMHO this new case should be the same/better then the haf x and thats where cm had their head up their ass.

also in all fairness they are being confusing, what you are saying is that the two front fans are 120mm but cm is saying they are/can be two 200mm:

Well you said "why would I want 2 big front fans and one big on top? thats just stupid, now you got 3 big fans blowing in and one sucking out." Since you said 3 big fans blowing in, I assumed you were talking about the top as an intake, as that is the only other 200mm fan listed.

As I stated above, the site has a typo. There are tons of reviews and videos, as well as the pictures I posted that show they are 120. To be honest if they could have some how fit 2 200s in front that would have been amazing, but I don't see how that would happen. Anyhow, this case has a ton of fan options, and most certainly can match the HAF-X if you deck it out with fans.

Yes yes, I know it would cost more to fill all the slots, but the fact remains that the options are there. I don't think they were trying to beat out the HAF-X in air flow as far as pure stock performance. I think their intention was to offer more options, and better offering for water cooling, which this case does with the ability to hold 2 240's. If I'm not mistaken it may be able to hold a 280 at the top, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet. It does have the mounts for it though. One complaint people had with the HAF-X was the lack of versitility with the fan mounts. A HAF-X even with the top 200mm fan installed isn't better than an original HAF 932 with 4 120's in the side panel. The potential for air flow on cases with numorous mounts gives performance users the ability to put far more airflow in their case than a HAF-X can offer, if a person chooses to go that route.

Believe it or not there are quite a few people out there that prefer premium performance fans and the options to mount them, and this case provides that. The HAF series is already amazing for what it does, and it just doesn't make sense to bring out another case like that when the ones they already have work so well. Modders are already having a field day with the possibilities this case offers. It may not be for everyone, but dependig what your needs are this case can very well be better than the HAF-X.

Edited by Invader Mig - 10 Dec 2011 at 3:33pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 3:36pm
I agree with some of what you are saying, however you need to add more smaller louder fans, I like to keep it simple, I'll take 4 big fans over 8 small fans any day.

I just think they could have done a much better job with the case and its air flow, I'm not impressed at all, nor am I big fan of a rad at the bottom of the case.

Edited by DST4ME - 10 Dec 2011 at 3:37pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Invader Mig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 3:52pm

I agree with some of what you are saying, however you need to add more smaller louder fans, I like to keep it simple, I'll take 4 big fans over 8 small fans any day.

I just think they could have done a much better job with the case and its air flow, I'm not impressed at all, nor am I big fan of a rad at the bottom of the case.

I can agree with having the bigger fans over smaller fans, because like you I prefer things quiet, but I still think this is a very well designed case that had alot of thought put into it. There is no wasted space, and it gives tons of options. As far as for use on this site, I'd still recommend the HAF-X, but I still think CM has a winner here.

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 4:17pm
The handle is 100% wasted space as that space is much better off occupied by an exhaust fan. I have no doubt there will be people who like this case but like DST I think the design is lacking and makes little sense.

Groupie
Groupie

Quote Invader Mig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by jmaster299

The handle is 100% wasted space as that space is much better off occupied by an exhaust fan. I have no doubt there will be people who like this case but like DST I think the design is lacking and makes little sense.

All storm series cases have handles, but I agree, if they had given this case the ability to mount a 360mm rad on top, game over for pretty much every other case on the market in this price bracket. They are probably saving that for the Storm Trooper II.
pwcorgi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote pwcorgi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 4:30pm
The CM Storm Trooper has a few nice features, but I prefer the HAF X instead.
I'm probably going have to wait until January or even February anyway.

Edited by pwcorgi - 10 Dec 2011 at 6:40pm

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:17pm
Alex,

You said you have the Nvidia Edition HAF X still, can you please get that linked into the other build options besides Dreadnaught so it can be selected as an option.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 11:07am
Sorry guys, we ran out of that as well. We added the Cooler Master Trooper and the new Corsair Carbide cases (400R & 500R).

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 11:58am
Have you ever thought about offering the Thermaltake Overseer? It's basically Tt's version of the HAF X. Only downsides to it is a slightly smaller front fan and the side fan is optional, but at least you can still get it. Other then that if still comes with a 200mm fan up top with room for a second one to be installed. Something that the trooper lacks.

It's cheaper then the HAF X too so having to pay for the side fan should not cost any more then the HAF X stock. You have to pay for the second top fan for both of them anyways.

Edited by jmaster299 - 11 Dec 2011 at 11:59am

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 12:09pm
Thermaltake cases are not as good, personally I don't use them, I think DS does not work with them either, they used to long time ago.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 12:34pm

Thank you for the suggestion, as of now, our team isn't looking into adding additional chassis manufactures.

tony487 View Drop Down

Quote tony487 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 6:14pm
So, how would one go about ordering from NewEgg and having delivered to DS?  I mean, I get ordering from NewEgg (upgraded my lenovo T400 via NewEgg).  And, I suppose I would have a delivery address of DSO.

But, how much time would that add to build and delivery?  Just curious how that would work

Also, what about another case?  It seems DST4ME is not a fan of other cases.  Is there any that is HAF X like? 

Thanks
Tony
Tony

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 6:41pm
I spent months going over every aspect of my build and I have to agree with DST on the HAF X. It's the best designed case I could find. It has some drawbacks that I'll admit to, I wish it had easy open sides instead of thumb screws and the dust filters are a pain to take off. But as far as the important things are concerned, namely internal design and air flow there's not really anything that matches it.

Sure there are cases that are ok but when you think something is the best that's what you are always going to recommend to people. To have them build you a system with your own case you just order the case and ship it to them and place your order over the phone so they can adjust the price of the system less what they charge you for the case (it may not be the same as what you pay). As soon as your case gets delivered to them they can build your system. The extra delay would only be the time it takes for the delivery.

Of all the other cases out there they are usually lacking in one or more ways compared to the HAF X. Either they have no side intake fan or a small/loud front intake fan or a lack of exhaust fans. Others are lacking in size, they may have lot of fans, or room to add a lot fans but they are smaller cases. Or they are ones like the Raven series with the mobo turned on it's side, which in turn limits room for components.

So it's not that every case out there is terrible, but again if you think something is the best it's what you are going to recommend. People like Alex have to stick mainly to facts since he is running a business but the community is going to give suggestions that are based on both facts and opinions. The fact is while you can get good system temps with other cases the HAF X will achieve better temps with the same set up.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 7:49pm
Plus the other cases will cost more then haf x also.

If I were you, and I was ready to order, I would go ahead and put in my order with DS and let them know about the case coming from newegg, after that you will have a order number from them.

once you have the order number, ship the case to DS and put your order number on it so they know its for your order.

you can find DS info/address here
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 10:05pm
If the HAF case is no longer available for the time being, what other cases would you guys recommend out of the current choices, aside from ordering the HAF from newegg or amazon... just want to see what else everyone recommends.  What about the Antec DF85? HAF cannot be the ONLY good case to buy..
AndydViking View Drop Down

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 10:23pm
Any one of the Corsair series cases.  600t or the carbides!  I looked at the 600t at microcenter.  What an awesome case.  I think the carbide series looks fantastic as well.

Also, I agree with Alex.  i don't think the case choices here are going to make a ton of difference temp wise for an average DS system.  I'd look at things like access to filters and features and looks you want in a case.  Some people loath plastic and will want as little as possible, some people want hot swap bays etc....

Edited by AndydViking - 11 Dec 2011 at 10:25pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 9:47am
Originally posted by kane860

If the HAF case is no longer available for the time being, what other cases would you guys recommend out of the current choices, aside from ordering the HAF from newegg or amazon... just want to see what else everyone recommends.  What about the Antec DF85? HAF cannot be the ONLY good case to buy..

As I mentioned there are other cases but non will give you the airflow of haf for that price, you gonna endup spending more and getting less airflow and/or room.

ordering it from newegg will cost $1999 $19 extra for shipping, thats the way I would go, personally I would not want to spend more money and get less.

600t is smaller, its fans are louder, and you never get the same room but to get the same airflow you have to install the mesh side grill with pretty much opens the whole right side, then get 4 smaller fans and put on there, the end results from what we are told by other customers is a case that is loud due to side being open and 4 smaller louder fans, so at the end you spend more money, get less room and more noise.

Again that does not mean the 600t is a bad case, it just means I have to spend more and get less room and more noise.

So if you are ok with spending more and getting less room and don't have a problem ordering the side mesh grill (cost extra) and installing it, and ordering 4 fans (cost extra) and installing those on the mesh grill then go with 600t.

For me its all about what I get for my money, not how fast I can get the product, I rather wait a couple of days and get the best product my money can buy for me.

Edited by DST4ME - 12 Dec 2011 at 9:57am
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 9:51am
Dang DST4ME, Newegg prices must be real high if it cost $1999 for that case.

Frank
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 9:55am
ROFLMAO good catch fixed
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 10:56am
I like the idea of having the option of being able to get the case sent to DS from newegg or amazon but I just dont want to have any issues with the case never getting to the correct person who knows that it is meant for me when it arrives.  Also not sure how to place the order on the website with this request, do we just write it in the notes?  Perhaps Alex could let us know the correct procedure to do this that will ensure the case getting to DS and being used for the appropriate customers build.  I can buy one on Amazon and have it sent, if need be. 

Also it would still be nice to see what other cases you guys would recommend out of the options that are available.  Yes, we understand that none of them will match HAF's airflow for the price.  Yes, we understand that HAF is the best way to go.  But theres like 20 cases listed, perhaps you guys could recommend 3 of them that would be decent alternatives.  Ultimately I will probably order the HAF from amazon but I still would like to know about some other cases, other than the Corsair 600T already discussed. Thanks 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 11:09am
As mentioned by me and others, I only feel comfortable recommending parts I would use myself, so say if we are rating from 1 to 10, 10 being best price/performance for your money, I can't recommend a 7 or a 8 when there is a 9 or a 10 available for less money.

having said that and you understand you would be spending more and getting less, look at 600t, 690 II Advanced, I don't see many other cases having airflow form top front and side, the

To order haf x, just call them and order it, or put in the notes that you want to ship your own case, when your order goes thru and you get your order number, put the order number in the shipping label so they know its for your order when it get there.

Edited by DST4ME - 12 Dec 2011 at 11:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>